College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to get on lsu -13 since the line dropped. I'll have my attention only split on this and the Penn state game, so should be able to buy out of either easily if needed.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang... lsu roughed the passer on 4th... would have been game over and a win. Now they have to stop them with 4 downs and only 5 yards away

Edit - Oh hell yeah, they did stop them!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
17-4 +12 units after subtracting the buy outs

Win - Syracuse +10.5 under 63
Win - Syracuse/NC state under 56.5
Loss - Virginia +3
Win - Penn state -3
Win - Alabama -16.5
Win - Wisconsin -10
Win - Indiana -10 second half
Loss - Oklahoma -4 second half
Win - Michigan/Illinois over 22.5 second half
Loss - Washington state ml
Win - Cincy -7 hook
Win - Kent state -14
Win - Wisconsin -7 hook
Loss - Vtech -26
Win - Alabama -7 live
Win - Wisconsin -3 second half
Win - Kent state -4 second half
Win - Alabama -7 second half
Win - Tulane -10 second half
Win - Alabama td review upheld @-289
Win - Lsu -13

Buy outs - Georgia, Maryland for -1.07 units

Teaser still alive, I'll claim it in the NFL thread if it wins since the Ravens are the last leg.
Sht - Alabama -6.5, Wisconsin +0, ravens -0.5

Hell of a day. I only had to buy out of 2 games, and even if you equated those to wins and losses(I dont, I don't count pushes either, as they don't really exist afterwards) it still a ridiculous day. I only lost 1 second half bet all day.

A lot of upsets today, Georgia obviously, Memphis, Mississippi, some others that slip my mind. Usc almost upset notre dame. Louisville is beating wake on the road right now 62 to 59!

Alabama, lsu, Osu, Wisconsin. That's the best 4 teams in my opinion. Wisconsin is legit with that defence, and even with Taylor having under 100 yards, they stomped the hell out of ms state. Underrated team no one talks about for me is Minnesota. They stomped the hell out of Nebraska today, only gave up a trash time td to them. They are 6-0 now.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
17-4 +12 units after subtracting the buy outs

Win - Syracuse +10.5 under 63
Win - Syracuse/NC state under 56.5
Loss - Virginia +3
Win - Penn state -3
Win - Alabama -16.5
Win - Wisconsin -10
Win - Indiana -10 second half
Loss - Oklahoma -4 second half
Win - Michigan/Illinois over 22.5 second half
Loss - Washington state ml
Win - Cincy -7 hook
Win - Kent state -14
Win - Wisconsin -7 hook
Loss - Vtech -26
Win - Alabama -7 live
Win - Wisconsin -3 second half
Win - Kent state -4 second half
Win - Alabama -7 second half
Win - Tulane -10 second half
Win - Alabama td review upheld @-289
Win - Lsu -13

Buy outs - Georgia, Maryland for -1.07 units

Teaser still alive, I'll claim it in the NFL thread if it wins since the Ravens are the last leg.
Sht - Alabama -6.5, Wisconsin +0, ravens -0.5

Hell of a day. I only had to buy out of 2 games, and even if you equated those to wins and losses(I dont, I don't count pushes either, as they don't really exist afterwards) it still a ridiculous day. I only lost 1 second half bet all day.

A lot of upsets today, Georgia obviously, Memphis, Mississippi, some others that slip my mind. Usc almost upset notre dame. Louisville is beating wake on the road right now 62 to 59!

Alabama, lsu, Osu, Wisconsin. That's the best 4 teams in my opinion. Wisconsin is legit with that defence, and even with Taylor having under 100 yards, they stomped the hell out of ms state. Underrated team no one talks about for me is Minnesota. They stomped the hell out of Nebraska today, only gave up a trash time td to them. They are 6-0 now.

Well done! You are a very busy during these games! :)

Looks like 6-3-2 for me this week and a winning record. Hoorah!

Bama, LSU, Wisconsin and Ohio St. I will 2nd that with Oklahoma in a close 5th.

I knew the Deamon Deacons would score 59 but Louisville 62? lol

Minnesota an interesting team. Playing well!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I like 2nd half lines, you can get a lot of value in them because r hey almost always favor whoever is losing too much.

You had a good week too man, nice.

Yeah I agree on oklahoma, and they may even be in the top 4 but Id still take a 1 loss bama or lsu over them. Oklahoma should go undefeated, as they don't have a schedule with any contender on it. Texas was their big game. Bama has to play lsu, auburn and florida/georgia. Same with lsu. Wisconsin already has a better schedule done than oklahoma, with some tough games left including osu. Same with osu. I think oklahoma will get in though because these 4 teams have to have 1 game against against other before then, so 2 of these teams will for sure have a loss even before conference champions.
Well done! You are a very busy during these games! :)

Looks like 6-3-2 for me this week and a winning record. Hoorah!

Bama, LSU, Wisconsin and Ohio St. I will 2nd that with Oklahoma in a close 5th.

I knew the Deamon Deacons would score 59 but Louisville 62? lol

Minnesota an interesting team. Playing well!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first glance, not a big fan of the lines this week. The only one that seems a little off is Florida -5.5. Seems a few points too low due to sc beating clemson.

That said, the clemson line looks good because they absolutely have to blow everyone out now. They need style points by the boat load.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (6-3-2) +$300 Overall (48-48-6) E

First Impressions (9-4)
Dropped (4-2)
Added (3-1)
Betting against Minutemen (1-0) Overall (6-1)

What I learned last week -

Virginia is no top 20 team

Boise St. - a quiet 6-0 team

Baylor Bears 6-0 ?? Wow!

First Impressions -

Thursday - Arkansas St. (+6) @ Home vs Louisiana - Barn burner last year 47-43 score

Friday - Syracuse (+3.5) @ Home vs Pitt - Good game last year - went to OT - like Orangemen dog here

Saturday - Mississippi St. (+19.5) @ Home vs LSU - Let down game after big Florida win?

Washington (+3) @ Home vs Oregon - Huskies better as a team in my opinion

Memphis (-4.5) @ Home vs Tulane - Will Tigers rebound?

Georgia St. (+6.5) @ Home vs Army - not impressed with Black Knights since week 1

Hawaii (+3) @ Home vs Air Force - Tough game here

:elefant:

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of liking troy tonight after looking through the stats. Usa is a team that relies on the rush, and troy excel at rush defence. On the other side, troy probably runs more tonight since losing their qb. Usa is 106th in the country in rush defence. Usa is just a bad team in general, and while troy has underperformed so far, I like them at home against a bad team. Going to watch this line.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The troy tt may be the best bet in that game. They have covered that number every game this year, against better teams. Yeah their qb is out, and will be the rest of the year, but the back up doesn't seem like a huge step down. He didn't play terrible last week against a really good team.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Troy second half. Weird game so far, troy would be up nicely without that turnover inside the 10, but they are controlling the game otherwise. They get it first second half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All 3 won. Troy had a 21 to 3 second half and won by 24. Covered the team total by 1 point.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thursday Night Football -

Stanford (-3.5) @ Home vs UCLA - Cardinals control clock and run the ball

Arkansas St (+6) @ Home vs Louisiana - Red Wolves lost by only 4 in this spot @ Louisiana last year 47-43 Get your popcorn ready!

1 Unit each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking at these also, mainly the over in the ark st Louisville laf game
Thursday Night Football -

Stanford (-3.5) @ Home vs UCLA - Cardinals control clock and run the ball

Arkansas St (+6) @ Home vs Louisiana - Red Wolves lost by only 4 in this spot @ Louisiana last year 47-43 Get your popcorn ready!

1 Unit each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to add a tease of chiefs +7, Clemson -14, buffalo -7.

I think the Chiefs game should be close if they don't win outright, and I'm thinking of making a handful of teasers with them in it and buying out of all if needed tonight. The live line will be weighted pretty heavy to the Chiefs side, so even if they go down 10, I could buy out on money line alone close to even, and possibly win both. With that in mind, getting a tease on them gives me a extra 3 to 4 points on any other 2 teams I may want to tease.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, since I started 3-0 for the week, I'm going to take a stab at a parlay play for tonight...

Arkansas state +7.5, max points bought. Arkansas state laf over 67 max points bought. Stanford money line, and chiefs moneyline.

Pays 6.57 to 1.

My reasoning is I think if ark state covers or wins straight up, it needs to be high scoring. It's a large number to cover, but these teams could possibly go into the half with 40 points on the board. Stanford play is kind of a fade to ucla being one dimensional on offense to one wr. Stanford has a top 10 cb in the country that will be on him and if they only even out, Stanford should be able to take the game. Chiefs I just think are better, even without watkins, and they desperately need this game. That said, if any of these look like they are going to lose, I have plenty of spots to buy out. None of the games start within 30 minutes of each other also, so makes looking for a buy out way easier, especially if ark state gets up early and both teams are putting up points. I do think ark state could lose, even by more than the cover, and I think ucla could upset Stanford if that cb isn't ares good areas the stats say, so it's definitely a gamble, but a good one in my eyes

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to play osu like I have every week -27. Clemson also for reasons I said further up. I bought the hook on Clemson at -23. Teasing these together also.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to dump out on that parlay. I can get out now and still be good if ark state decides to actually score. I'm fine with it as I don't really want to be flipping between 3 games when I have so many plays on the chiefs. Was worth a crack at it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK chiefs game is done, so I'm going to try to make a little something on college. Ucla stanford under live. They would have to score 3 tds and either a 2 point conversion to push, or 3 tds and a fg to lose. I just can't picture them scoring 4 times in a quarter and a half. After that first quarter, there have only been 2 scores, a td and and fg.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The under 53.5 covered. They scored 50. Got lucky and both of them kept going for it on 4th and not getting it. Not sure why ucla was going for it, but I'm fine with it.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was Stanford QB out? Was that the same team that beat Washington? wow

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They sucked everywhere on the field. They gave up a ton of yards. I got lucky to win that under because ucla cared so little about Stanford offense that they went for it on 4th down over and over instead of field goals that would have made me lose. If they would have kicked just one of them, then stanford wouldn't have went for the 2 point conversion they failed on. That would have been 54 points total then... and I would have lost.
Was Stanford QB out? Was that the same team that beat Washington? wow

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are people hammering unlv? Because they won last week? That line was 3 points higher when I went to sleep last night

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm already on osu, but I'm also going to play a parlay of the over and osu, buying max points on both @ -25.5, and 48 @+205. I'm also going to tease this together. Logic is simple, if osu covers, then this over is almost a guarantee, then why not put them together for those odds. I see this game being like the ms game, except I think osu doesn't have as slow of a start and score more.

I'm going to treat this game like the Chiefs game yesterday and put a few teases on it because ithey worth risking the juice loss of a buy out in it, to gain 6 to 10 points on 2 other games tomorrow.

Edit, clemson, Wisconsin, 49ers are the 3 teases I'm going with coupled with osu and the over. Kind of a dangerous play, but I have the money to buy out with no worries. I view this as investing in free points, with more upside than down. I could buy out even, or for a slight loss if needed, and that's worth the risk for the potential reward.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going a little heavy on this game, but you gotta pay to play I suppose.

Osu tt over 38

Reasoning for this is... I just can't picture nw holding them to under 40. Ms barely held them under 40, and that was with a terrible start by osu. I think ms has better defence than nw. This line falls in line with my other osu plays, meaning a buy out on the whole would cover this too, while still being able to win it along side a possible buy out.