Ongoing Soccer Thread

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For his sake I hope it doesn't. Was one of my favourite players when he was bangin' them in. Still has it in him and even though he wasn't scoring, he was playing really well recently. Took his goal really well yesterday too so if he can focus on that and all the other things he did right he'll be fine. Kinda like AVB too. He seems to have a great attitude. Think I might be gone insane cos I used to hate Chelsea. Must be because they aren't as much of a threat anymore.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
CL league ManCity vs. Bayern München

I'm looking forward to a very interesting game there.

Both teams have been doing pretty well since the beginning of the season, especially B. München:

29:1 goals in 11 games so far (10/0/1) - broke the old team record dating from the 70' for most games won without opponent scoring in a row.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bayern Munich is one of my favorite international teams(Barca being the other)and i always root for them.(unless they happen to play Liverpool) :p
Should be a great match. It should be on my dvr as i post this, so i have to stay away from all sports channels right now) :D

Last edited:
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Manchester wasn't bad at all during the first half and should have got a penalty but fell apart in the 2nd half - they looked pretty tired then tbh.

Interesting substitutions to say the least... why the trainer subbed defenders for attackers when they were already trailing 0:2 remains mysterious.

Edit: What the hell were Tevez and Dzeko thinking ??? Things like that don't happen too often in class 1 teams

- never heard of a player declining substitution

(apart from Diego in Wolfburgs relegation match against Bochum last year - he will never play for Wolfsburg again either)

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**** i'm so pumped for russia slovakia on friday

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big game this weekend ManU v ManC - could be a cracker.

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nicely timed international break for once. My fantasy team seems to have done a commendable job of sucking during my holiday induced absence, so I'll have to do some tinkering, I guess.

Jet-lagged and dead tired probably wouldn't be the best condition to do it in, judging by various rather bizarre mishaps in the home today... :rolleyes:

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair play to ireland for kicking Estonian arse last night and pretty much guaranteeing a place in next summers European Championships. Bout time we qualified for a finals again.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Job done, party on! Guess everyone's going to Poland for their hols next year?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Genuinely saddened, was a legend at Newcastle and was really starting to build a pretty decent Wales side. RIP

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always tragic when someone decides to end it all because they just can't see any other way out anymore. RIP.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best photo ever

_57194459_57194458.jpg

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand how anyone can be entertained watchin soccer, it is so boring and unexciting. It is mind bottling how people love this sport...If you like soccer you should look into watching paint dry..

I'd guess your american since you refer to it as soccer. I'd say it's probably a lack of understanding of the game that makes you not like it. A fast flowing game where any team can beat another and some spectacular comebacks, lots of late goals and so many tactics with the game constantly evolving. American football is basically rugby with pads and baseball, well the less said about baseball the better.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand how anyone can be entertained watchin soccer, it is so boring and unexciting. It is mind bottling how people love this sport...If you like soccer you should look into watching paint dry..

Appreciate your input

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That is your opinion and you're welcome to it, but a coupe of billion fans disagree :top:

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand how anyone can be entertained watchin soccer, it is so boring and unexciting.
As opposed to... American football... where there's a two minute pause for every 6 seconds of play?

I certainly know what I'd rather be watching...