Ongoing Soccer Thread

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also prefer last years layout but I think there are alot of good things about the new one like the injury updates and the my team page. All it will take is a bit of getting used to. They better get the log in problem sorted out though on match days.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WE ARE (temporarily) TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE (temporarily) TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Sub-par derby, sub-par performance but it's a win against the mackems so w/e. Not many positives to take bar Krul looking wayyyyy more assured than last season and Jonas. Bit concerned that I reallly can't see where goals are going to come from, apart from set pieces. That might be more a product of the way we've played these first two games, given the opponents, but would seriously like another striker. Still, four points from two tough games and two clean sheets, so s'all good

FEARFACTOR

FEARFACTOR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can anyone explain the over/under betting on bodog Live Scores. You can make bets while a game is in progress. I understand when the line is at 2.5 goals, pretty common. But I'll often see a line at 2.75 goals, or 2.25, with different odds. I don't understand what the difference is.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WE ARE (temporarily) TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE (temporarily) TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Sub-par derby, sub-par performance but it's a win against the mackems so w/e. Not many positives to take bar Krul looking wayyyyy more assured than last season and Jonas. Bit concerned that I reallly can't see where goals are going to come from, apart from set pieces. That might be more a product of the way we've played these first two games, given the opponents, but would seriously like another striker. Still, four points from two tough games and two clean sheets, so s'all good

Yeah fair play the toon I had you's nailed on for a return to the championship because Mike Ashley is a waste of space but im still not convinced they will survive but hopefully

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not convinced either ;) Only 36 points til safety though now :D

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
surely there are 3 teams at least worse than newcastle - swansea, norwich and blackburn...?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't underestimate our ability to **** up

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
surely there are 3 teams at least worse than newcastle - swansea, norwich and blackburn...?

Dont forget QPR & Wigan, with Fulham & Wolves being very close too (and dare i include Everton this year :eek:)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So long as Moyes is there Everton will be OK. But if he leaves....and with the crowd appearing to be booing his substitutions on Saturday, maybe one day soon he'll decide to move on to greener pastures? Norwich & Swansea look favourite plus 1 of about 5 others.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'I will always have a special relationship with the Geordie nation but sadly they are not the decision makers at St James' Park.' @joey7barton

Love how his twitter background is still him in a Newcastle shirt. For all his faults and all his transgressions I will seriously miss him, one of those few players who seemed to genuinely care about the club and the fans

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got a newcastle shirt once when i bought a 12-pack and this other time i got a free pintglass

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's quite bad that everton have NO money to spend. And moyes has done a great job there, wonder if he'll be one of the possible replacements for Sir Alex when he goes...

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wonder if he'll be one of the possible replacements for Sir Alex when he goes...
You mean IF he goes? Wasn't he going to retire about 10 years ago?? I think he won't go until he, you know... goes. :)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! I mean really - that was one helluva day's football. I'm a Liverpool fan since I could talk, but those performances yesterday by City first then United were outstanding.

For City to beat anyone 5-1 away is a great result - but Spurs??!!

And then for United - without several of last year's first choice players (Vidic, Ferdinand, Fabio, Berbatov, Hernandez, Fletcher, Scholes, etc.) - to totally CRUSH Arsenal and score EIGHT - that is mind-blowing.

Simply two awesome displays to totally destroy 2 of last seaon's top 5.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Barca performance is stunning. They're playing some form of 3-7-0/3-6-1, with all sorts of position switching. Wonderful stuff

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very interested in watching B. Munichs performance in the coming CL group phase.

Villareal, City and Naples should all provide very interesting matches (and I've got tickets for at least 2 home games woot).

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barca were class. Sick amount of talent in their squad and even more unknown kids comin thru.

That's a really tough group graf. I'm sure some of the games will be great. City are playin some great stuff at the moment.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Barcalona are slipping imo - only scored 5 last night :rolleyes: :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Barca performance is stunning. They're playing some form of 3-7-0/3-6-1, with all sorts of position switching. Wonderful stuff
Read an article the other day about how Guardiola´s vision for Barca is a 0-10-0 formation.
Playing 10 midfielders that are able to blend perfectly in attack and defense, kinda makes sense seeing as he seems to only buy midfielders and loves playing them (seemingly) out of position.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some interesting moves on the last day!

Arteta to Arsenal? Meireles to Chelsea? Some panic buying from Wenger?