Ongoing Soccer Thread

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barca's performance was more workmanlike with an occasional splattering of brilliance than anything, yet of course the media are quick to jump on the "OH GOD BEST TEAM EVER BEST PERFORMANCE EVER" bandwagon when really it was just two pretty tired-looking teams slogging it out for the most part last night.

But hey I'm about to spend £500 to watch Birmingham play next season so what the hell do I know about quality football? ;)

please tell me this is a joke? they were superb

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barca showed great quality in that game, they made a top side like Man Utd look average. Thats not easy to do against a team managed by Ferguson. Also apart from the goal I dont remember Valdes being tested and they had Mascherano at the back.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOOK AT ALL YOU SHEEP BRAINWASHED BY THE PRESS INTO BELIEVING THE HYPE OMGWTFLOL

on a serious note, i will however fully admit i only half-watched the game for reasons i'd rather not disclose. :cool:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Barca showed great quality in that game, they made a top side like Man Utd look average. Thats not easy to do against a team managed by Ferguson. Also apart from the goal I dont remember Valdes being tested and they had Mascherano at the back.
Agree with this.
Barca's performance was more workmanlike with an occasional splattering of brilliance than anything, yet of course the media are quick to jump on the "OH GOD BEST TEAM EVER BEST PERFORMANCE EVER" bandwagon when really it was just two pretty tired-looking teams slogging it out for the most part last night.
But hey I'm about to spend £500 to watch Birmingham play next season so what the hell do I know about quality football? ;)
But not this.
Totally boring game.
And definitely NOT this.

Their football was outstanding.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best part was when they kicked the ball into the net

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed the game, in the end though barca showed what a different class they are though, utd never really stood a chance, once barca had possession UTD looked like a Sunday team chasing the ball from the school bullies.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go on the Irish!!!!!!!! Great result. Thought the RTE pundits were fairly harsh on the lads but 3 points in the bag. Happy days.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 90 minutes against Barca Ryan Giggs got what he has been trying for months to acheive, anonymity :D:D:D

motyennif

motyennif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in mourning due to relegation. So many tries at promotion and all of a sudden we're going down. Such is life. At least I can still think of Sir Tom Finney.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is another PNE fan who lives in our street - his only consolation was that Blackpool got relegated - but it wasn't much consolation.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joey Barton
Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

Soooo that's Nolan gone, six months after selling Carroll for quite a few quid, with Joey, Jose and Jonas on their way too. Jesus ****ing christ, Ashley is a complete and utter ****

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Soooo that's Nolan gone, six months after selling Carroll for quite a few quid, with Joey, Jose and Jonas on their way too. Jesus ****ing christ, Ashley is a complete and utter ****

Yes, now showing that a bit of loyalty gets you nowhere at NUFC. The twat does it every year, yet we're still surprised when he pulls stunts like this, should've known when the 10 year season ticket plan came in that he'd pull something like this when he's got most of the season ticket sales secured for another year.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not too bad of a start for us this year I think.
I share my season ticket, I get 1st match of the season, looks like my mate's got the mackems match again this year

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chris Hughton at Birmingham - what say you Chris?

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Hughton is a great manager and was mistreated by newcastle after getting them straight back up. He will do a good job but I dont see them getting top2 spots this season. Especially as a couple of their star players will leave

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villas Boas:
He [Bobby Robson] liked my passion so helped me to enrol at Lilleshall to take my FA coaching qualifications. He also arranged for me to do my Scottish qualifications in Largs and spend some time at Ipswich with George Burley to see the team train.

That was when he was 17 lol

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe the soccerest of the soccer players are very good at soccering the soccerball into the soccerhole with regularity

discuss

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe the soccerest of the soccer players are very good at soccering the soccerball into the soccerhole with regularity

discuss

/drunk again Vanq ?

It always depends alot on the ability of the goalkeeper, too.

I believe in the future the English national team will produce many noteable incidences regarding goalkeeping - here a small glimpse at how it might look like:

Note that the "other" goalie is from canada - maybe you shouldn't have let them found an own national team :p.

If it wasn't so tragic it'd be funny:

Premier League:

Assorted stuff:

Last edited:
T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villas Boas:

That was when he was 17 lol

I was shocked when I looked into the back page of the evening standard a few days ago and saw the news he was going to Chelsea. Falcao and Moutinho might leave too, and suddenly one of our best teams ever is split before having a go at the Champions League. I was so pumped for next season, this Porto team was stronger than Mourinho's in 2004 and Villas-Boas led us fans to believe he would stay. I understand his move, it's too good an offer to turn down, but at least he could have been honest from the start.

Well, at least that's €15M for a coach, if Falcao leaves that's €30M more, if Moutinho goes that's €40M and if Chelsea want to go crazy and get Hulk (his release clause is €100M and Porto isn't looking to sell, so it'd take at least €40M to make them change their mind), Porto will be swimming in money. And I know they'd spend it well, but it'd take time to rebuild the team. And I know which team I'll be supporting in the Premier League this season.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Newcastle United all the way :)

god-tier avatar. :)

am i the only one watching the women's world cup? i'm so deprived of football this is what i have to resort to (although tbh the quality is about on par with birmingham's offerings last season).

the best part of women's football is how awful the goalkeepers are. if you shoot on target from anywhere and it doesn't accidentally hit the keeper it's a goal, guaranteed.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god-tier avatar. :)

am i the only one watching the women's world cup? i'm so deprived of football this is what i have to resort to (although tbh the quality is about on par with birmingham's offerings last season).

the best part of women's football is how awful the goalkeepers are. if you shoot on target from anywhere and it doesn't accidentally hit the keeper it's a goal, guaranteed.

i saw some commercials before it started that were like "is canada's next shot at soccer glory going to come from their women's team??" and its like ... no

canada blows at soccer

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre season friendly to at Fratton Park - Pompey home to Chelsea, fairly even game with Chelsea only winning by a stupid own goal by Tal Ben Haim :mad:

Chelsea look very shaky at the back and failed to worry our goal too much (even in the 2nd half when Lampard, Anelka & Drogba were on), Torres is still wandering around somewhere totally lost.

But......, is John Terrys boot too high here >>

jtboot.jpg

A big white leg going into Luke Varneys head & shoulder - the ref wasn't bothered :mad::mad: