Ongoing Soccer Thread

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And Man U whip Schalke 4-1. Bring on Barca.

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barcelona vs man u is going to be a great game so im going for Barcelona.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently Ferguson said United don't need to fear Barca or something along those lines? I lol'd

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently Ferguson said United don't need to fear Barca or something along those lines? I lol'd

Apparently Mourinho will be helping him. Ferguson couldn't wish for a better scout. :p

Meanwhile, portugal owned the Europa League. 3 out of 4 semifinalists were portuguese and we'll have an all portuguese final in Dublin between FC Porto and Braga. Already trying to get tickets. :D

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May I just say: LALALALALALALALALALA WYCOMBE'S GOING UP, GOING UP, WYCOMBE'S GOING UP!!!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice but who and what league you going up to?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently Mourinho will be helping him. Ferguson couldn't wish for a better scout. :p

Heh what's he going to tell Fergie? Do what Real did and stick 10 men behind the ball and kick Barca as much as possible?

I look at that United team and think it's worse than the team that played Barca in 09, while Barca are better now than they were then. I have no idea whatsoever how they're going to deal with Messi

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh what's he going to tell Fergie? Do what Real did and stick 10 men behind the ball and kick Barca as much as possible?

The truth is Real did beat Barça in the final of the Copa del Rey and in the Champions League everything was very balanced until Pepe's red card where he doesn't even touch the guy, (at most it would be a yellow for dangerous play). Pepe in that position was crucial to hold Barça, that red card killed the game, Barça naturally scored 2 goals and from then it was mission impossible (recovering from a 2-0 defeat at home in the first leg of a european game has only been done 4 times in history).

So Mourinho did find a way to stop Barça. Not to dominate or outplay Barça, that's impossible, but at least to balance things and then everything can happen.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
United's league again. Congrats to them....you know how hard it is for a LFC fan to say that, but as always the best team wins and they are the best this year - again....
Ancelotti has not done a good job at Chelsea, and may lose his job as a result.
Kenny has done a good job at Liverpool, so gets the job - thank God! Any other choice would have been a disaster.
'Arry has done another good job at Spurs but CL was a bridge too far this year, I think, and they ran out of steam at the end.
Mancini has NOT done a good job at City, IMO. CL, yes but in truth without Tevez they would have finished 7th or 8th. If he stays he has to be top 3 next year with his almost unlimited resources.
Wenger - is Wenger, and in some ways the most gifted manager in the EPL - but he has that stubborn streak and didn't go buy 2 players that could have won the league.
Interesting season all-in-all. Huge congrats to 2 of the best supported clubs in the game, despite years of ups and downs - Birmingham and Newcastle. Good years for both.
Feel sorry for whoever goes down - could have been any 3 of about 10.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
final results bundesliga 2010/2011

This is the final table of the season 2010/2011

Attachments

• bundesliga.jpg
    bundesliga.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 55
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Bayern made it into the Champions League spot eh? - will that stop the star names leaving though?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So Bayern made it into the Champions League spot eh? - will that stop the star names leaving though?

It's the champions league qualifying spot - the ultra minimum place they needed to achieve without having to impale the whole team on the marienplatz.

Next years CL final will be held in Munich so there's a new goal to reach.

I don't think any of the bigger stars like Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Robben, Ribéry or Müller is going to leave -and Neuer from Schake will be joining, too.

Now they only need to get two good central defenders to look really strong again.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Neuer, He's a great keeper and still young isn't he?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25, pretty young for a world class keeper

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
True I remember the days when we had a young world class keeper, saying that with Krul and especially Forster the future looks good if only we can keep them there

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Forster has been first choice at Celtic all season and he's 23, must be at least half decent

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neuer... They could have easily made that top 10 video using only the game at Porto. We could have won that one for like 5-0 but Neuer had the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper that day. Next time he might as well dismiss the other 10 players...

The end of the Bundesliga was disappointing... I was hoping to see Hanover in the Champions League and see one of Stuttgart or Werder Bremen (or, failing that, Wolfsburg) get relegated but in the end... nothing. :(

On another topic, I'm leaving tomorrow for Dublin for the Europa League final! :D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember Sergio Ramos dropping the Copa del Ray trophy...well now the Ajax goalkeeper (yes the safest hands on the team :rolleyes:) Maarten Stekelenburg drops the Dutch league trophy