Ongoing Soccer Thread

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Police called to West ham end of season party.... Sources say some men have been arrested on suspicion of impersonating footballers.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I met a fairy today who granted me one wish,
"I want to live forever " I said.
"Sorry" said the fairy "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that ". Fine I said.
"I want to die when Arsenal win something".
"You crafty sod! Said the fairy. :D

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Sorry" said the fairy "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that ". Fine I said.

ROFLMAO!!!

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the final table of the season 2010/2011

What happened shalke in domestic season? they got to cahmpions league semi final and almost got relegated in bundesliga?

Also one of the performances of the season has to be there demolition job in the San siro

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Porto-Braga has to be one of the worst Europa League finals in years.
Could have been great if it been Porto-Benfica but no, its Braga that park the bus for 90mins.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gave up very shortly after half time

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is to damn funny :)

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know how one team in the EPL has been proclaimed by the media as one of the greatest sides ever?
And that other team they have been convincing us has been complete crap and an abomination to football? Those 2 teams are 9 point apart...

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused! Don't think anybody is proclaiming the current Man United team to be one of the best ever. They just got the job done in a season where a lot of teams dropped a lot of silly points. We'll see if they're any good come the 28th. Man U fan here btw. Don't think anyone thinks Man City are an abomination either, just think the perception is that they've under-achieved for the money they spent.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. How did u get Man Utd and Man City from that post?
Arsenal and Liverpool....

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably because nobody has proclaimed Arsenal as one of the best sides ever, and everybody was calling Liverpool complete crap when they were complete crap

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. How did u get Man Utd and Man City from that post?
Arsenal and Liverpool....

Twas the 9 point gap and some of your descriptions made sense to mean those 2. The media are hardly hailing the current Arsenal team as one of the greatest ever, they praise them for their style of play mainly. And earlier in the season, Liverpool were an abomantion to be quite honest.

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rumours that Osama Bin Laden has been hiding in Arsenal's Trophy Room were yesterday dismissed by Arsene Wenger who angrily told reporters "There is no such place"

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the football league AFC Wimbledon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon

After the original Wimbledon was moved to Milton keynes a separate group in protest at this founded AFC Wimbledon in 2002, and just nine years later they have made their way into the league :congrat:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So who's following the bottom of the table battle today?

4 teams only 2 can survive and only 1 point separates them along with just 1 or 2 goals difference.

15 minutes to go of the season and its all to play for :eek:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poor Chris. Commiserations pal. What a topsy-turvy day. With 30 minutes left, Wigan and Birmingham are down. Then Birmingham and Wigan score with 10 minutes left and they are safe, and Blackpool/Wolves are down. Then with 5 minutes left Wolves score, and Birmingham are back down....Spurs 2nd didn't change that.
Blackpool gave it a good go at ManU, 2-1 ahead with 30 minutes left.
As I said, commiserations Chris.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- "How does it feel, Ian, to be relegated?"
- "Do you get paid to ask questions like that? Ecstatic, what do you think?"

Liverpool out of Europe! Two Championship teams in the Europa League instead! Glorious day! :p

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could have been great if it been Porto-Benfica.

Have some mercy, they've lost 4 times against us this season, one of them by 5-0, saw us celebrate both the league title and qualification to the cup final in their stadium. They didn't need another humiliation. :p

I was in Dublin, btw. Great atmosphere, great fair-play shown by both teams' fans who were celebrating together before the game. Dublin is an awesome city to go out too, totally want to go back there. :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Barcalona :adore: a class above by miles

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
¡Visca Barça!

FC-Barcelona.png

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barca's performance was more workmanlike with an occasional splattering of brilliance than anything, yet of course the media are quick to jump on the "OH GOD BEST TEAM EVER BEST PERFORMANCE EVER" bandwagon when really it was just two pretty tired-looking teams slogging it out for the most part last night.

But hey I'm about to spend £500 to watch Birmingham play next season so what the hell do I know about quality football? ;)