Ongoing Soccer Thread

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if the pressure will start on Wenger if he doesnt win any thing this season.
I mean he has been massively successful with Arsenal in the past, and he makes them play attractive football and is a financial wise at times but surely 2-4th place and no trophy's isnt enough for years on end?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WEMBLEY TRIP REPORT

Attachments

• 1298829442475.gif
    1298829442475.gif
    972.4 KB · Views: 60
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something Alan Hansen said years ago about defending still sticks in my mind - if in doubt, Launch It!

Something Arsenal defenders could learn a lot from :rofl:

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not sure why the arsenal CB was even trying to clear there, keeper shouldve made it his

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's so weird. Surely Scezsny sees the CB going to clear it :/

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its one of those freak stuations, and soo terrible that arsenal couldnt get a trophy, as now they are really going to put the pressure on man united to try and get the league, c'mon united!

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loooool Kolo Toure. What a pillock

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Chris on the win! You just need to make sure you get away from the bottom 3 now for a great season.

Congrats to Chelsea on beating ManU - matbe we will have a race to the end of the season.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Forgot to mention I was at the Newcastle game yesterday, first time I've been this season. Really, really enjoyed it and certainly conisering if I can afford a season ticket for next year. However, I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of noise in the Gallowgate End. Luckily I was near a band of ruffians at the very back so we could make plenty of noise ;)

I thought I was going to have to give up my season ticket after this season but got the renewal through a few weeks ago, which is very early, and I can get my ticket for £504 as compared to £545 last year, but the best bit is I can now pay by monthly direct debit for signing up for the next 10 years and the price is guaranteed for the 10 years. No long tie ins I just let them know by the following February if I don't want to renew the next season. Hopefully when any season tickets remaining go on general sale they'll be offered a similar deal.

There's bound to be a catch somewhere down the line though :rolleyes:

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Cracking deal! Pity you'll only get to see the mighty Everton once a season for that though... :laugh:

Yep very true especially since Everton love to donate points to us.

Pleased :icon_rr: and:boxing: aren't playing normally do well agianst us

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pleased :icon_rr: and:boxing: aren't playing normally do well agianst us

LMAO love this.

We have so many injuries i've got my boots ready and my mobile charged up.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
‎'Newcastle returns to the fans - The Newcastle Supporters Trust have completed its takeover of the club from former owner Mike Ashley'

Can't real life imitate Football Manager just once please?

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arteta is back... and i like our run in. 4 out of the next 5 at home we should keep on motoring up the table.

Toon are quiet this morning... :p

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
...and now to something completely different: Bayern München

Some of you may have noticed.

B. München has been playing an awful season and now lost 3 straight games in a row (1:3 vs. Dortmund; 0:1 vs Schalke DFB cup semifinal; 1:3 vs Hannover).

Bayern now 4th (could be 5th if Mainz wins today) trailing Dortmund 19 points (!), 2nd Leverkusen by 9 points and 3rd Hannover by 7 points with 9 games to go.

Next years CL-final will be in Munich and it's not sure if Bayern will qualify (if they don't win it this year which is rather unlikely).

Coach van Gaal used the 19th different defensive formation in yesterdays game (!) .... and it failed again.

Maybe selling a bunch of seasoned defenders (Demichelis, van Bommel) wasn't the best idea after all.

Offense is good but if you always get owned in the defense it doesn't really help.

Seems that van Gaals days are counted. :eviltongu

/ end rant

Last edited:
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
edit: BM trail Leverkusen 7 points and Hannover 5 points.

Still sucks though.

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
biggest game of the season to date kicks off in an hour! I think sir alex wont let this one get out of hand, rooney to be the hero again?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God I hope we spend like at least £15m of the Carroll money on a new striker. We're decent in possession but just seem to be lacking any attacking potency

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not as much as being a St Pauli fan does. :(
St Pauli might never win anything but they have to be one of the coolest clubs in the world imo.

And btw LIVERPOOL!!!!!
How immense was Suarez today? I know Kuyt got all the goals but Suarez created all of them(including the nani one).
Am I a bad person to feel joy when I see Nani cry? :D

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
delighted to see united get bet today, their supporters wer getting to cocky

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not as much as being a St Pauli fan does. :(

Yeah that was pretty hard to watch.

0:5 in Nürnberg - and tbh it was deserved.

St. Pauli have had a great season until after winning against HSV - downhill from there in a way that reminds me of cliffdiving.

Still St.Pauli is very very cool.

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who do you guys think is better? Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi?