Ongoing Soccer Thread

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty standard lolerpool though, especially if they go through with 14m for adam

I'd be absolutely delighted with £35m, like out of my mind with joy, but that money just isn't gonna go back into the squad :(

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
18/24 mill for Bent, 50 for Torres & 35 for Carroll :cheers: :stupid:

12, 20 & 15 maybe, but even madder Robbie Keane valued at £8 mill :rofl: if he's that good why doesn't Twitchy play him more often :stupid:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty standard lolerpool though, especially if they go through with 14m for adam

I'd be absolutely delighted with £35m, like out of my mind with joy, but that money just isn't gonna go back into the squad :(
35M is way to much for Carrol, but, what is Liverpool supposed to do?
Torres wants out and gave the manager(or actually Cormolli) 3days to find a replacement.
Liverpool have to buy a striker today since going into the rest of the season with Jova,Kuyt,Ngog and Suarez as the attacking option doesnt look good, especially since Suarez will probably need a few months to settle.
And in the summer the fair play rule comes into play so Liverpool couldnt spend the money the get on Torres(teams can only spend what the make + a little extra) this summer. Either they spend it today or it goes into the owners bank account for ever.

Sure Newcastle and Blackpool look to be destroying Liverpool in these negotiations but this is the position Torres has put them in.
If he had any class he would at least given Liverpool 3weeks to find replacement allowing Liverpool to go after other strikers and not be held hostage by Newcastle.

But on the bright side I think a Suarez-Carrol partnership could be deadly and probably a lot more effective then a sulking and bored Torres.
+ Defenders will be scared shit less of Suarez-Carrol combo, no because they are gonna score so much but because they are scared Carrol will beat them up and that Suarez will bite them ;).

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BREAKING NEWS- Kenny Dalglish has launched a shocking move for Manchester United players Howard Webb.
Fee is reported at 8M, subject to medical.
More to follow.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BREAKING NEWS- Kenny Dalglish has launched a shocking move for Manchester United players Howard Webb.
Fee is reported at 8M, subject to medical.
More to follow.

It came to late we at Manchester United couldn't come to terms with the rising star Sian Massey

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so anybody know if chelsea has a legit chance of landing torres or not?? espn made it sound like they actually had a chance but everybody online including articles make it sound impossible and not likely to happen...

thoughts?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so anybody know if chelsea has a legit chance of landing torres or not?? espn made it sound like they actually had a chance but everybody online including articles make it sound impossible and not likely to happen...

thoughts?
You do realize there is an hour since the transfer window closed ;)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha no dude i had classes today at 8am and than just woke up from a 6hr nap so i had no idea whats going on. figured i could find out ITT whats goin on better than watching tv.

IM PUMPED!!!! omg chelsea will be saweeett again

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"LFC is my English club, the way Atletico is my Spanish. I would not like to play for another English or Spanish club"

Fernando Torres 2009

Hypocritical lying little shite.

Liverpool got raped in the Carrol deal but a Suarez-Carrol attack is gonna be sick.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha well i dont blame him for being a hippocrite. big money he was offered and the fans in stamford bridge will LOVE him. i know i do lol

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Andy Carroll = The 7th most expensive player of all time!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha well i dont blame him for being a hippocrite. big money he was offered and the fans in stamford bridge will LOVE him. i know i do lol
Fernando Torres just become one of the most hated players in football.
I hope he enjoys Terry banging his wife.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea bought David Luiz centre back from Benfica too for £21 million

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool got raped in the Carrol deal but a Suarez-Carrol attack is gonna be sick.

until suarez gets homesick and carroll gets sent to prison.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carroll/Suarez looks good on paper but it remains to be seen if they'll gel. Carroll is still relatively unproven and the fee is ridiculous even in today's market. Bent went for over £10m less and his goal-scoring record at Premier League level is exceptional. Villa look like they got a bargain compared to Liverpool's desperate last minute gamble. On the other hand, Carroll IS promising, so if he turns out to be the next Shearer they might still have a bargain.
Suarez looks a decent player, but South Americans don't always do that well here with obvious notable exceptions. But if he can subdue his taste for human flesh long enough to show his best form and score some goals he could be a huge hit. But beware high scoring strikers bearing armfuls of Dutch League goals. Kuyt has never been as prolific in the EPL as he was in the Eredivisie and as for Afonso Alves... the less said the better.
Looking at the games tonight it looks like Rooney has got his scoring mojo back. If he hits his stride and Berbatov keeps knocking hat-tricks in ManUre look like they'll be hard to catch. Chelsea are looking like they're waking up from their winter hibernation and i think they're most likely to mount any serious challenge. Arsenal can beat anyone on their day but i don't think they can put the kind of run together that they'd need to finish top. City and Spurs will be too inconsistent and distracted by cup competions.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carroll is 22, good in the air and good on trhe ground. 35 mill is TOO much, but 25 mill would be pretty close to a realistic value IMO. Then again, 15 mill for Shearer looked too much - until he turned out to be Shearer. Carroll is a class player, if he can control his dark side.
Suarez - time will tell. Is he another Tevez at 24 - if so, great deal. Certanly more proven than Chicarito at ManU and he has done OK so far.
Torres. Played great for 2 years. Has played like crap for over a year now, Liverpool and Spain. Will he stay injury-free and back to his best? Rather he was at Chelsea than ManU. He was never going to stay at Liverpool. Thanks for the memory. Hopefully we have swapped 1 great but troubled striker for 2 very good strikers, maybe great. If so, Torres plus 9.5 mill may not be a bad deal.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fwiw, this is in no way comparable to Shearer. He was already the best striker in the world, £15m was only a couple of million more than the previous record, definitely not 'too much'

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
43 seconds 0-1

3 minutes 0-2

Ganna be a long game :icon_puke

Martin