Ongoing Soccer Thread

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did he seriously just say "smash it"? twice? never heard that before in that context.

also, anyone know any good hotels/pubs/restaurants/etc in the vicinity of wembley? :eek:

also also i have a message for karren brady, david sullivan and david gold it goes something like this - AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

also also also i'm pretty drunk woop woop

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some pix ive seen on the net regarding the Wolves v Liverpool lines-woman.

Attachments

• nxs-wolvesliverpool.jpg
    nxs-wolvesliverpool.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 59
  • nxs-ref02.jpg
    nxs-ref02.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 59
Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole thing is a ridiculous over-reaction. When Savage and Ferdinand are coming out saying things about 'prehistoric' attitudes.. moral guidance from whoooo?

Much the same as Brand and Ross imo. Daily Mail/Mail on Sunday provokes outraged reaction from folk...job done then.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over reaction? Sure.
But Andy Gray(and his pet Martin Tyler) are both complete morons so im glad he is out of a job.

And btw that lines-women probably would have done a better job then the linesman in Liverpool-Fulham

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hopefully never ever again will we have to hear his stupid take a bow catchphrase

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over reaction? Sure.
But Andy Gray(and his pet Martin Tyler) are both complete morons so im glad he is out of a job.

And btw that lines-women probably would have done a better job then the linesman in Liverpool-Fulham

No-one's disputing her ability. It's just typical media uproar over not much. Women refs might even do a better job than the blokes especially at controlling dissent (not much to beat at the minute), i wonder if players might be a bit less inclined to be aggressive towards a woman..on the pitch at least.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luis Suarez to Liverpool for £22.75 million does this mean Fernando will now go to Chelsea?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Torres hands in transfer request

I don't wish to appear classless, but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Anyway

Pretty strange though. I thought the Suarez signing would mean Torres was on his way without having to hand in a transfer request. I mean the fact that in a relatively short space of time Lolpool increased their bid from like £13m to £23m suggested to me it was as a replacement rather than a partner.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chelsea is gonna try again to get torres...would be sick if they got him

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they pay more than £40m for him they're bloody fools

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea will get Torres just a matter of how much

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im kinda torn on the whole Torres issue.
On the one hand Torres is injury prone, on the other he scores at least 20 goals a season even when injured so if Chel$ea are ready to pay the reported 35-60M for him it be sick.
But honestly who can you bring in to replace him?
Suárez looks like a done deal and im thrilled about it but I was really hoping the would be partners rather then a replacement, especially since while Suárez clearly has skills he would be new to the premier league and no guarantees that he would pick up the goal scoring slack left by Torres right of the bat.
And if he doesnt Liverpool would really be in trouble for goals.
Sure Gerrard will slot in with his usual 15 and Kuyt with his 10-15 but who else?
Meireles? Looked good lately but cant expect a CM to score every week and Jovanovic and Ngog are not good enough and not ready, respecivly.
Maybe Dalglish is gonna count on Pacheco and Silva?

If always thought of Torres as a top class bloke but in 2 weeks he has gone from saying Im not leaving to handing in a transfer request when there are 2days left of the window.
And the cited reasons seems to be his unhappiness with the Physio team and how the dealt with his injurys(Unfit for WC,missing Atletico games), but that Physio team got completly replaced this summer(and Torres has been mostly fit since then, coincidence?).

Just seems strange to say thats the reason since there are plenty of legitimate reasons available.
-Team under performing.
-Needs to play in CL
-Wants trophy's
-Needs to move to a "bigger"(but really what is bigger then Liverpool :)) club to keep his national team spot.
ect ect ect.

And then to Chelsea it kinda seems like a scare tactic by them aimed at Atletico, they tried buying Torres before and got a flat no so they figured hey lets bid on Torres and leak the story, we no its gonna get rejected bu it will put more pressure on Atletico to accept our Aguero bid.

As much as I hate it I hope its a "Rooney/Tevez" play, trying to bully the management into giving him on of those fat 300K a week paychecks.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be pleased when this transfer window is over still got a horrible feeling if we get a real £20m+ offer ashley will cash in on Carrol

Reports they refused an £25 million offer from Spurs

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
darren bent worth £24m?

andy carroll worth £25m?

has the world gone mad? i mean they're not bad players but jeez these price tags that are being paid/thrown around are ridiculous. it's no wonder most managers don't want to buy high-profile british (e: english) players.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
darren bent worth £24m?

andy carroll worth £25m?

has the world gone mad? i mean they're not bad players but jeez these price tags that are being paid/thrown around are ridiculous. it's no wonder most managers don't want to buy high-profile british (e: english) players.

Agreed you think they where playing football manager on the computer

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
darren bent worth £24m?

andy carroll worth £25m?

Too much money banded about in football now, which in turn makes it expensive to go to a match unless you're part of Roy Keane's prawn sandwich brigade.

Read somewhere today Bruce had made an offer for DJ Campbell of around £8m :eek: those mackems deserve all they get if they're willing to pay that for a journeyman striker like him.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i know why the **** are they low balling us? :/

if you're gonna make a bid make it respectable

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i know why the **** are they low balling us? :/

if you're gonna make a bid make it respectable

you might get more Sky sources Torres due at Chelsea in next half an hour so Newcastle better brace themselves

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a question - would you sell Fernando Torres for £20m + or stick with him & inconsistent form & injury proneness?

For me i would sell, if everyone is so eager to pay £30 mill + then take it, get a couple of fit strikers and/or a midfielder and build from there as at the moment i feel he is dead money :(

My question from October 5 may soon have an outcome.

Big congrats to Fulham :party: for their FA Cup win over :rofl: Spurs :rofl:

and what a draw for Crawley :eek: away to Man Utd in the next round.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bye andy, was fun while it lasted :(

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts