Ongoing Soccer Thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to tonights match against the hammers, first time I think I've ever had both my sons to a competetive match, always been on or the other I've taken apart from friendlies.

Two of my mates I normally go with can't make it, so jumped at the chance to take the boys

You picked a GREAT game to take them to - I'm sure they had a blast! 5-0 doesn't happen too often!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The boys really enjoyed it for obvious reasons. Got to 5 mins in and realised what a poor team the hammers really are. Leon Best played out of his skin won everything in the air, was good with the ball at his feet, never thought I'd see him score 3 goals a season never mind in one night lol.

Funniest part of the night was when a bloke a few rows back from me started really giving the West Ham players some stick for not scoring in the last 5 minutes when we were virtually down to 9 men and they got through to shoot a few times. Turns out he had money on us to win 5-1.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol reminds me of my first Newcastle game when we beat Wednesday 8-0, with Shearer getting his 5th goal with a late penalty iirc. The only Newcastle fan begging him to miss was my dad. He had money on 7-0 :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About time. Hodgson been sacked and King Kenny is his replacement!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hodgson - as everyone says - is a nice guy, but he was an odd choice for Liverpool manager. He was also the choice of the 2 clowns from America who almost decimated the club in 3 years of terrible decisions.

Everyone - players included IMO - wanted him to do well, but he wasn't the man for the job.

Appointing Kenny until the end of the season (at least) should at least get the fans back involved and hopefully get the players motivated to play as they can.

Tough start though - ManU away.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At Kenny being back in charge or Sunderland losing to Notts County?

Kenny. I just can't see it ending well to be honest. Although I have an inherent dislike for him from the Newcastle days, so I'm being pretty biased

Also, grats Stevenage, that was fully deserved. It's difficult to even be angry considering we were just completely lifeless and totally lacking in desire. So pretty ashamed yes. Angry? Meh

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stevie G's inner thug reared it's ugly head again. I thought Webb was conned a bit on the penalty. That might be why he didn't give a couple more obvious ones later in the game.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done Blackpool for puncturing the last remaining champagne bubbles from Kenny's welcome back party. The result makes Kenny's first home game on Sunday against the Mighty Blues absolutely crucial. Lose that and the relegation zone will be uncomfortably close... :p

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two words on Dalglish:

Stephane Guivarc'h

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Four big derby games this weekend, plus Spurs v ManU. Should be a great atmosphere at Anfield for Kenny's first game back at home.

I see Everton have agreed to sell Pienaar - they will miss him I think, although he is suppsed to play Sunday anyway...nobody knows who has had the bid accepted yet. Spurs maybe?

Imperative that Spurs get a result v ManU I think - just to close the gap a bit for everyone else.

Huge games for Villa/Birmingham and Everton/Liverpool who all need points to move away from the relegation area.

Last edited:
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we beat the mackems again I'll get so drunk I wont even know what my name is

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good to see David Bentley back playing again (Birmingham) because i had almost forgotten just how much of a stupid diving moaning tw@t he is.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
christ i feel like i've been punched in the stomach. was looking forward to everton v lolpool but i can't bear to wacth any football right now :/ might watch second half if i obtain more alcohol

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You almost had them! I can understand how you feel. Sick doesn't do it justice. At least you took 4 points off them....but 6 would have been way better.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there a worse defender than Martin Skrtel? Couldn't mark my granny. Couldn't mark Fellaini in the first half. Switched at half and he gets Distin. Goal. Gets turned and outmuscled for the 2nd.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there a worse defender than Martin Skrtel? Couldn't mark my granny. Couldn't mark Fellaini in the first half. Switched at half and he gets Distin. Goal. Gets turned and outmuscled for the 2nd.

Glen Johnson gets my vote. If he was only 1 sixteenth as good as he thinks he is he'd be Franco Baresi.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
teves had a badass goal on sportscenter today

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
teves had a badass goal on sportscenter today

Tevez is a goal machine. He's in the majority of teams in the Fantasy League i play in.

Speaking as an Evertonian i can only dream of having someone so prolific playing for us. We have a couple of promising players but no-one even near his class. While so many of the mid-range teams in the Premier League seem to have cash to throw around on signings in this transfer window we are again scratching round for loan-signings and lower league bargains. While we've done well over the last few seasons with very limited resources i'm just hoping the big, stable, preferably lifelong Evertonian investor is just around the corner. :(