Ongoing Soccer Thread

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah. I'm a Liverpool fan too but wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea or even Arsenal winning the CL. Everton for the FAC. Liverpool for the league......that would be a long-priced treble there for the gambler!

Hell no if Arse win it we'd never hear the end of how great their kids are and everyone knows they aren't and I love seeing Terry and Lumpy cry everytime Chelsea don't win it and the longer they don't the more likely it is the Russian will get bored and leave :)
Also Barca are the best footballing side around right now, I enjoy watching them play.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good news for Chris - Burnley 1 Sheff Utd 0. Good news for us too, as it reduces the risk of Chris having to miss any of the weekend in London.

If Birmingham can win either of their last 2 games, they are promoted. This weekend they are home to Preston, who must also win to keep outside play-off chances alive - should be some game.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i was at the pub and v happy last night!

going to the preston game - we're incredibly inconsistent and they've just spanked cardiff but preston are one of those sides who play really well at home but are terrible away, so we really should clinch it. i don't want it to go to the last game because we have by far the hardest game (reading have already spanked us at home lolz)

S

stealthy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool 4 - 4 Arsenal. What a crazy mental game of football that was, excellent viewing.

S

Shylax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHAT A GAME!!!!!

I'm exhausted watching it. One question Professor, if I may....

WHY NO ARSHAVIN IN THE FA SEMIFINALS!?!?!?!

Not the result I wanted. But I knew when the ref gave them 5 mintues of extra time (FOR WHAT EXACTLY?!?!?!) I knew they were going to score. Liverpool were dominating us all day. But we hit all our shots on goal so that's what matters.

Arshavin, man of the match, no doubt. From Russia with Love. This was his coming out party. His second goal was an absolute laser.

Even though we let up 4 goals, Fabianski was tremendous. This game could have (should have) well been 10 - 4.

Benayoun's a monster. He had Gibbs and Silvestre running ragged. Sagna, who's usually our most consistent player on the pitch gives up a cheap goal on a horrid clearence. Torres is Torres. NUff said.

It's a game we should have won that we didn't deserve to win if that makes any sense. This and last week's Chelsea/Liverpool match are the two best of the year hands down.

Time to take a break and calm down. Oh yeah. Arsene, where was Arshavin in the FA SEMIFINAL?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, unfortunately we played another great game (as did Arsenal) and it has probably cost us our last chance at the league.

We have now scored 4 or more goals in 6 of our last 8 matches in all competitions - including 4 against Real Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal!

It is peak form on the goalscoring front, even if the defence has suddenly started to look like a sieve. I know we threw lots and lots of bad points away earlier in the season, but I can't help but believe that the best team in this year's Premier League will finish second.

I just hope we can carry this form into next season.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heard from a Pompey fan :D

Name 3 ships which have left Southampton never to be seen again.

The Titanic, the Premiership and the Championship. :D

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bayern lose at home against Schalke 04 - 0:1 :mad:

Goodbye championship - will they make it to the champions league ???

I seriously doubt it. Possibly it will be the fiat-punto-clio cup (uefa-cup) again next year.:eek:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to keep this post non-offensive i am going to replace a common swear word beginning with the letter 'f' with the word 'banana', and a common swear word beginning with the letter 's' with the word 'coconut'

GODDAMN BANANAING BLUES WHAT A CROCK OF BANANAING COCONUT HOW DO YOU PLAY SO WELL FOR 20 MINUTES THEN TURN INTO A GIANT BANANALOAD OF COCONUT. ALEX MCLEISH YOU ARE A BANANAING IDIOT FOR LEAVING OUR TWO BEST STRIKERS ON THE BENCH AND PLAYING THAT BANANAING SCOTTISH COCONUTHEAD WHO COULDN'T HIT A BANANAING BARN DOOR WITH A BANANAING BANJO BECAUSE HE'S SO COCONUTTY. BANANA YOU YOU GIANT COCONUTFACE.

that is all.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LMFAO that was some post to read LOL. You have another crack at it next week and if all fails, the play-offs.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to keep this post non-offensive i am going to replace a common swear word beginning with the letter 'f' with the word 'banana', and a common swear word beginning with the letter 's' with the word 'coconut'

GODDAMN BANANAING BLUES WHAT A CROCK OF BANANAING COCONUT HOW DO YOU PLAY SO WELL FOR 20 MINUTES THEN TURN INTO A GIANT BANANALOAD OF COCONUT. ALEX MCLEISH YOU ARE A BANANAING IDIOT FOR LEAVING OUR TWO BEST STRIKERS ON THE BENCH AND PLAYING THAT BANANAING SCOTTISH COCONUTHEAD WHO COULDN'T HIT A BANANAING BARN DOOR WITH A BANANAING BANJO BECAUSE HE'S SO COCONUTTY. BANANA YOU YOU GIANT COCONUTFACE.

that is all.

Good news there Ted? ;) :p

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

that is all.

LOL! But am seriously sorry for your pain, Chris. I was giving Debi live updates from your game. All good at 1-0. 10 v 10 after an hour. Then what the hell happened? Now it's all down to the last game next weekend. Maybe playing away will take the pressure off and let them play normally. Let's hope so.

I had my own less severe frustrating episode. Did anyone see the ManU "penalty"? 0-2 down with 30 minutes left and looking short of ideas, then are given a gift penalty. Everyone in the ground saw Gomes get a strong hand on the ball to knock it away from Carrick at a 90 degree angle - except Howard Webb. Once that was given I knew they'd go on and win with the new momentum - and so they did. Looks like the league is just meant to go to Old Trafford.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is alot of bananas and coconuts.Fruit for all!
I had a great laugh at this thanks.

Snow :cool:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then what the hell happened?

in all truth they just scored two screamers that nobody could have done much about.

plus bowyer needs to learn when to walk away. he's actually been really good for us since joining but it was always only a matter of time before he went off on one. three blues players sent off (and five off in total) in the last three home games = lol. it's arguable that they got the chance to score the screamers because there was more space around the area due to it being 10v10 too i guess.

kevin phillips may be about 900 years old but a 900 year old kevin phillips would still be better starting than bananaing mcfadden.

reading tonked us at st andrews so i don't really hold out much hope - our best hope is reading losing at norwich (who need the points because they can still stay up) tomorrow and then sheff utd losing on the last day of the season (although with them playing a side with nothing to play for and managed by neil warnock who let's face it still has a boner for sheff utd that doesn't look like happening either)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
banana - this increased the chances you will leave us on Saturday next month. :(

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in all truth they just scored two screamers that nobody could have done much about.

plus bowyer needs to learn when to walk away. he's actually been really good for us since joining but it was always only a matter of time before he went off on one. three blues players sent off (and five off in total) in the last three home games = lol. it's arguable that they got the chance to score the screamers because there was more space around the area due to it being 10v10 too i guess.

kevin phillips may be about 900 years old but a 900 year old kevin phillips would still be better starting than bananaing mcfadden.

reading tonked us at st andrews so i don't really hold out much hope - our best hope is reading losing at norwich (who need the points because they can still stay up) tomorrow and then sheff utd losing on the last day of the season (although with them playing a side with nothing to play for and managed by neil warnock who let's face it still has a boner for sheff utd that doesn't look like happening either)

Lol Bowyer can't even walk away when it's his own team-mate...

YouTube - Football - Dyer - Bowyer Fight

Last edited:
blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had my own less severe frustrating episode. Did anyone see the ManU "penalty"? 0-2 down with 30 minutes left and looking short of ideas, then are given a gift penalty. Everyone in the ground saw Gomes get a strong hand on the ball to knock it away from Carrick at a 90 degree angle - except Howard Webb. Once that was given I knew they'd go on and win with the new momentum - and so they did. Looks like the league is just meant to go to Old Trafford.

Yeah that just totally sucked, until that I actually thought Spurs might hold on but that and then not getting a freekick for a foul on Modric in the build up to Utds 2nd goal just seemed to make Spurs self destruct.

As for Bowyer, yeah hes not quite right in the head that boy, so glad Liverpool didnt sign him when we linked with him when he was at Leeds.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

howard webb is an awful referee.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys are funny lol, the ref only gave 1 penalty, not 5

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i was going to post about how a friend of mine who 'supports' man u tilted me yesterday by saying "ZOMG they won 5-2 they would have won 4-2 even without the penalty so what's the problem" because he clearly doesn't understand how momentum in football can work.

i didn't post about it before, but now i feel obliged to.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Quite clearly U've never played football, when u are 2-0 down, looking devoid of ideas and only having 30 mins left, U then get gifted a penalty that isnt a penalty. U score, suddenly the whole game changes, the players believe they can get something out of the game and their energy levels and enthusiasm are invigorated again. Then U commit a foul on an opposing player but the ref lets play go on, 2 passes later your best player is thru on goal and scores, now U know U can win cos everything is going your way. The rest as they say is history.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was going to post about how a friend of mine who 'supports' man u tilted me yesterday by saying "ZOMG they won 5-2 they would have won 4-2 even without the penalty so what's the problem" because he clearly doesn't understand how momentum in football can work.

i didn't post about it before, but now i feel obliged to.

The same can be said for spurs, feeling hard done by for conceding a penalty that wasn't. If they had the right character they would of put the situation right by stuffing utd, that didn't happen though did it. Spurs momentum got them 2 goals in the 1st half, utd's gifted penalty momentum got them 4 more. Game over, much obliged.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite clearly U've never played football, when u are 2-0 down, looking devoid of ideas and only having 30 mins left, U then get gifted a penalty that isnt a penalty. U score, suddenly the whole game changes, the players believe they can get something out of the game and their energy levels and enthusiasm are invigorated again. Then U commit a foul on an opposing player but the ref lets play go on, 2 passes later your best player is thru on goal and scores, now U know U can win cos everything is going your way. The rest as they say is history.

I'm not sure what game you were watching but whatever. Also I've played more football than you have likely even seen on tv. To be awarded a penalty you have to be on the attack and in your opponents penalty area, hardly devoid of ideas but again whatever.
Man Utd ALWAYS believe they can get something out of a game, that's why they are English, European, and World club champions.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure what game you were watching but whatever. Also I've played more football than you have likely even seen on tv. To be awarded a penalty you have to be on the attack and in your opponents penalty area, hardly devoid of ideas but again whatever.
Man Utd ALWAYS believe they can get something out of a game, that's why they are English, European, and World club champions.

Even Ferguson admitted they were lucky. You seem to have a problem with that word. If you were watching the game, I'm sure you felt the same sudden burst of hope and expectation that the players did when the "penalty" was given.

That is why it changed the game.

But hey - you won. Was it good luck that turned the game? Yes. Did ManU take full advantage of it like a good team should? Yes.

Be strong. Stand up in front of the group and say "I am Crystal Blue and I follow a team that got lucky yesterday".

You'll feel better.

Trust me.....;)