Ongoing Soccer Thread

S

Shylax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love it so much if Arsenal overcame Man Utd and we had an Arsenal v Barca final. We might get the great final we were going to get in 2006 but were denied by awful refeering. Would be incredible for the neutral if both teams played like they could

I agree. And not just because I'm a Gunner supporter, lol...

ANyway, I'm highly upset with Fox Soccer channel. They're showing Manu-Everton on Sunday but aren't showing Arsenal-Chelsea. Anyone in the States have any idea on how to watch the match? Will it be on PPV?

I'll probably have to search out a football friendly bar in NY and see if they're showing it....

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ANyway, I'm highly upset with Fox Soccer channel. They're showing Manu-Everton on Sunday but aren't showing Arsenal-Chelsea. Anyone in the States have any idea on how to watch the match? Will it be on PPV?

I'll probably have to search out a football friendly bar in NY and see if they're showing it....

I'm a big Arsenal supporter as well, and the only thing I can think of is MAYBE ESPN 360. I know the Champions League matches were on there, but I'm not sure if this one will be or not.

S

Shylax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big Arsenal supporter as well, and the only thing I can think of is MAYBE ESPN 360. I know the Champions League matches were on there, but I'm not sure if this one will be or not.

I checked. ESPN has rights to the Champions League but Fox has rights to the FA Cup. I'll keep searching....:(

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

www.myp2p.eu you can find basicly every game from every league on there.
Great if u dont mind watching it on the computer(or just plug the computer to the tv :).

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

http://play.www.setanta.servecast.net/setanta/us/default.aspx?aff=1 :cool: I might be viewing if i have some time on sat.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big goal for Pompey! Ian will be happy, but probably down to biting his last nail about now......1-0 with 12 mins to go.....should be enough to make them safe if it ends that way.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some big results today. Big wins for Stoke (now almost certainly safe), Pompey (yay Ian!) and Sunderland. Boro seemed to bombard Fulham but couldn't score.

Villa seem to have imploded lately - they might even lose 5th place to Everton. I wonder if Barry might move to Liverpool in the summer......I bet he wishes he had left last summer now, not that it was his choice in the end.

Big game coming up in the FAC. Wish it was on TV here.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to Leicester (promoted from Div 1 to the Championship) and Wolves - at last they are in the Premier League again! Glad for Mick McCarthy and the Wolves fans I knew when I lived there a gazillion years ago! Banks' Mild.....pretty damn good beer IMO!

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some big results today. Big wins for Stoke (now almost certainly safe), Pompey (yay Ian!) and Sunderland. Boro seemed to bombard Fulham but couldn't score.

Villa seem to have imploded lately - they might even lose 5th place to Everton. I wonder if Barry might move to Liverpool in the summer......I bet he wishes he had left last summer now, not that it was his choice in the end.

Big game coming up in the FAC. Wish it was on TV here.

Good to see Portsmouth win - Not a Pompey fan but I've always liked 'em. I think they're a better team than what their record shows. I've also been impressed with Fulham's defense. I keep on expecting them to start conceding a bunch of goals but they seem to be hanging on pretty well.

But I don't know what to say about Villa. I can't believe how many times Villa have given away a lead for a draw or lost after having a lead late in the game. I've been avoiding this thread as much as possible because of their poor form but I think I need to vent a little. I know that their defense isn't what it could be without Laursen and Bouma, but some of their losses/draws at the end is just excruciating (draw today at West Ham, losing to Man Utd after leading 2-1 with 10+ minutes left, blowing a 2-0 lead to Stoke). The loss to Liverpool wasn't a suprise, but 5-0? And Reo-Coker on defense? Bah! :mad:

I can't blame Barry if he makes another push to leave. Villa's defense needs to improve and they just don't have the depth right now to make a good run in Champions League even if they pull of some sort of a miracle run with Everton and Arsenal collapsing.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phew - had to win today and we did, thank the footy gods :D

6 points clear of the bottom 3 but have Man Utd away next and Arsenal at home a couple of games later :eek:

Good to see Wolves have finally made it up, its been long while in the Championship for them.

Leicester are back up as well - showing that a certain team shouldn't have dumped Neil Pearson as manager last season (Pompeys rivals ;))

S

Shylax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough loss for Arsenal. Drogba sticks the nail in the coffin again. It's always him or Essian with late goals that kill us.

Except for Toure, our whole def backfield was hurt but no excuses. Silvestre played hard against Drogs. But we gave up two horrid goals. Eboue got turned around awful but Fabs should have been guarding the near post. Also he went after Drogs ball too late. Got to make your decisions quickly as a netminder.

Frustrated because it's starting to look like another year without silverware. Arsenal just got nothing going offensively today. Hats off to Chelsea. They outplayed us. Congrats....

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Chelsea v Arsenal was kinda dissapointing. Wish Arsenal had win but w/e....

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shylax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NIce Job Toffees!!!

It will be an all Blue FA cup Final.....

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah congrats Everton. It's a great club. Moyes has done a fantastic job with that team and they have a great set of fans. Hope they beat Chelsea in the final

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, congrats to Jay and all the other blue noses! I'm glad they won today - one of those "lesser of two evils" things!

I even hope they go on and win the final, but think they'll struggle big time against Chelsea. They'll definitely have to play better than they did today against a less than full strength ManU team.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
highlights from man u v everton in handy .gif format

21o4rjs.gif

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah congrats Everton. It's a great club. Moyes has done a fantastic job with that team and they have a great set of fans. Hope they beat Chelsea in the final

Cheers Geoff

Yeah, congrats to Jay and all the other blue noses! I'm glad they won today - one of those "lesser of two evils" things!

I even hope they go on and win the final, but think they'll struggle big time against Chelsea. They'll definitely have to play better than they did today against a less than full strength ManU team.

Again thx Joe. They will deffo have to play a lot better, I agree. But we have had a lot of games like that this season, not playing great but grinding the results out. Plus we have had some horrendous injuries which makes the job that Moyes and the boys have done even more impressive.

highlights from man u v everton in handy .gif format

21o4rjs.gif

I LOL'D hard when I saw that in the match. Deffo pen though when I saw it. Can't believe Riley didn't give it tbh.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seeing Fergie throw a wobbly like that, made me imagine him as an OAP in the post office.

Annoyed that stamps have gone up a penny again lol :D

*OAP - old age pensioner

What great penalty takers they were.........not :D

M

Machidon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm an addict gambler :D so i find this thread useful to make the right bet.... ty all for your replies :beer: i will try to make some of mines in the near future

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a Liverpool fan the FA cup semis were a lose/lose for me but the best case scenario was Utd and Chelsea losing and Everton beating Arse in the final. One outta two isnt bad I guess, now Everton just have to beat Chelsea in May.

As for the Champions League I have a similar scenario hoping Barca beat Chelsea and Arse beat Utd with Barca being victorious in the final

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again thx Joe. They will deffo have to play a lot better, I agree. But we have had a lot of games like that this season, not playing great but grinding the results out. Plus we have had some horrendous injuries which makes the job that Moyes and the boys have done even more impressive.

True Jay - the injuries have been bad, especially when you don't have a huge squad. The defence has been your strength, and was again today.

Seeing Fergie throw a wobbly like that, made me imagine him as an OAP in the post office.

Yeah, so sad to see Fergie all upset.....NOT! Moyes did a good job with his pre-game comments about Riley - nice to see the arch manipulator of referees (Fergie) being beaten at his own game!

As a Liverpool fan the FA cup semis were a lose/lose for me but the best case scenario was Utd and Chelsea losing and Everton beating Arse in the final. One outta two isnt bad I guess, now Everton just have to beat Chelsea in May.

As for the Champions League I have a similar scenario hoping Barca beat Chelsea and Arse beat Utd with Barca being victorious in the final

Nah. I'm a Liverpool fan too but wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea or even Arsenal winning the CL. Everton for the FAC. Liverpool for the league......that would be a long-priced treble there for the gambler!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So its Everton for the neutral vote imo :top: