Ongoing Soccer Thread

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea lose, Spurs lose, Liverpool can't beat Sunderland at home, Man Utd can't beat Bolton, Arsenal lose at home to West Brom (!?), and only two home wins this week... what the hell is going on? :confused:

Not just here -

Real Madrid draw with Levante 0-0
Inter Milan lose to Roma (who were without a point until then)
Bayern Munich lose to Mainz

and Pompey won 6-1 :D ;)

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
back to normal next week then , four timer on Arse, Manure,Pool and Chelscum:D

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mainz won all their games so far this season, btw.
Yeah, quite an amazing start - considering they're like the Bundesliga version of Wigan or Stoke. They've looked really good. But I still can't see them keeping this up all season...

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
andrei-arshavin-picture.jpg

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checked on betfair a while ago, 17/1 latest odds. Got some tough fixtures through November, value of the club is plummeting with its league position, dare I say administration would be 9 points in the bag. Torres out the door in January... No longer a pipe dream!

2003: West Ham
2004: Leeds
2009: Newcastle
2011: Liverpool ??? :D

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Seriously unless Liverpool seriously improve, this isn't THAT crazy

Oh and Newcastle was robbed today, two insane refereeing decisions ****ed us over. Plus it looks like Ben Arfa is gonna be out for a while. Shit day.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checked on Betfair a while ago, 17/1 latest odds. Got some tough fixtures through November, value of the club is plummeting with its league position, dare I say administration would be 9 points in the bag. Torres out the door in January... No longer a pipe dream!

I know bankers love to lie but im pretty sure LFC isnt going into administration.

Afaik Hicks and Gillet(aka scum of the earth) own Kop Holding that owns LFC.
H&G have taken huge loans in the name of Kop holding with Kop holding beeing collateral so come Oct.6th that loan is getting called in by RBS and if the owners cant pay RBS takes over kop holding. So really the ownership isnt changing but rather the ownership of the owners changes.
It also isnt LFC that cant pay there debt, its kop holding.

I know, its all very confusing:(.

But seriously, loses to Northampton and Blackpool, at Anfield!
If lost my faith in Roy only 7games deep into the league.

It started great. Cole signed,Jova signed and a few promising youngsters,Torres and Gerrard commit,some euro league wins but then it
went downhill imo. Loaning out Insua, a young, "homegrown" leftback that is probably on low wages to re-sign Aurelio(who I dont have a problem with besides the injury issues which is why Rafa offered him a pay as u play deal) and Konchesky a medicore left back that has probably peaked by now.And where does that leave Liverpool? Konchesky and Aurelio injured.
Then he signs Paulsen, a player that def peaked early this decade with Sevilla and then flopped at Juve.

Usualy the international break annoys me but this one couldnt come quickly enough.

LennyPigeon

LennyPigeon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One word: embarrassing.

What's the news on the Torres injury?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unknown as yet, apparently. I'm wondering the same thing, since I have him on my fantasy team...
Since history loves to repeat it self im guessing 1 1/2 month followed by 3 2week injury do to be played to soon...

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are saying he will probably miss the next 2 weeks at least.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just watched the highlights of the Liverpool game ... Sad... what is going to happen there?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched the highlights of the Liverpool game ... Sad... what is going to happen there?
RBS will take over Kop Holding and Liverpool on Wednesday and sell the club to a ridiculously rich Arab who will restore Liverpool to its rightful place at the top of the table and every one will live happily ever after.
At least that's what im hoping for...

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is the only "happy" thing in this whole mess - the current owners are being forced into a corner at long last.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a question - would you sell Fernando Torres for £20m + or stick with him & inconsistent form & injury proneness?

For me i would sell, if everyone is so eager to pay £30 mill + then take it, get a couple of fit strikers and/or a midfielder and build from there as at the moment i feel he is dead money :(

RBS will take over Kop Holding and Liverpool on Wednesday and sell the club to a ridiculously rich Arab who will restore Liverpool to its rightful place at the top of the table and every one will live happily ever after.
At least that's what im hoping for...

there appears to no rich arabs where football is concerned, they just lend huge amounts of figures on paper to each other which bolsters the portfolios and make them appear richer, or maybe im biased after the 2 poorest Arab 'billionaires' tried to buy Pompey? :rolleyes:

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a question - would you sell Fernando Torres for £20m + or stick with him & inconsistent form & injury proneness?
Right now it's easy to say "sell him", but... you may well end up regretting that in a couple of months. When fit, he's easily one of the two or three best strikers on the planet. The problem is of course the "fit" part over the last couple of years...

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just moving aside for a minute from the lol lolerpool theme itt, I'm starting to get a little frustrated at how little credit Newcastle are getting right now. I know we've been a bit inconsistent, but the lack of credit we got for beating Chelsea (yes I know mickeymousetrophy.jpeg) and the fact that if it hadn't been for two ATROCIOUS decisions on Sunday we could have got a very decent draw/win at Man City is a little annoying. Good to see De Jong is being made an example of though by the netherlands coach

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

For me i would sell, if everyone is so eager to pay £30 mill + then take it, get a couple of fit strikers and/or a midfielder and build from there as at the moment i feel he is dead money :(
Any player that scores 20+ goals a season when injured is indispensable to any club.
A fit Torres is one of the best 3 strikers in the world.
A injured Torres is still better then most strikers in the world, 22 goals last season despite the entire team playing badly and him being constantly injured and unfit speaks for it self imo.

So no I wouldn't want them to sell him unless Shitty came in with a 200M offer or something.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just moving aside for a minute from the lol lolerpool theme itt, I'm starting to get a little frustrated at how little credit Newcastle are getting right now. I know we've been a bit inconsistent, but the lack of credit we got for beating Chelsea (yes I know mickeymousetrophy.jpeg) and the fact that if it hadn't been for two ATROCIOUS decisions on Sunday we could have got a very decent draw/win at Man City is a little annoying. Good to see De Jong is being made an example of though by the Netherlands coach

Newcastle are a GREAT football club. My second favourite English team, just because of their fans. They have had a good solid start to the season. Long way to go but I hope they have a good season and stay up. I think they will.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even blame Hodgson for this mess. I blame the owners first and foremost. I blame Rafa for his odd dealings in the past few years that left us with one striker. I blame the players. No disrespect to teams like Newcastle, Blackpool, etc. but they are achieving most of their success with a ton of heart as well as some skill. We have "better" players in most positions - international players, world cup players, and a few world-class players. Where is the heart? You can't form a winning team with players like Reina, Agger, Carragher, Cole, Gerrard, Kuyt, Torres? We need a few clean sheets, then build from there. Time to start fighting for every ball, all over the park.