okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
yep beardy we are on a winner there and he bought a couple of Pompey's players with him, it always is a roller coaster ride, if only we had the dosh of the big clubs...

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can't wait for EUFA and premiership to begin,gonna be awsum this season!! :DDD

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe Cole is a good signing - especially on a free when he cost Chelsea 10 million quid! Gerrard appears to have committed his future. I believe Torres will do the same. I think Mascherano will go, but that is OK with me. Lucas can probably do as good a job in the holding position.

Having had some time to think about it, maybe Hodgson is more of a return to the old ways - Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish all did their talking on the pitch, but the players knew who was boss.

With no expectations there should also be far less pressure on Hodgson and the players - let's face it, if Rafa got 4th people would say "so what?" - if Hodgson gets 4th, people will say he's done a great job.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£90k a week to sit in the physio room. Must be nice ;)

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always thought Joe Cole and Lennon should have been used more for England.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£90k a week to sit in the physio room. Must be nice ;)
Liverpool have offloaded Kewell and Aurelio so they had 90K laying around ear marked for the physio room ;).

But honestly its a fantastic signing imo.
A out and out winger is something Liverpool have been lacking in recent times but now with Maxi and Cole on the wings things will be difrent.

Its been a great week for Liverpool,Cole signed,Wilson signed,Gerrard commits and Hodgson has said he isnt done yet!

Also have u guys noticed the huge difrence in press confrences/interviews now with Hodgson and when Rafa was in charge?
When Rafa was it was all so vague and he never really answered the questions but Hodgson seems like a much more straight shooter.
Just comes out and says the squad needs strengthening and that Degan/Riera can just go ect.

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe Cole could finally help unlock all that potential at Anfield. He's creative and makes things happen. It's going to be interesting to see how he links up with Gerrard. Good signing - if he stays fit.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Liverpool was a great move for Cole (and visa versa) as the other teams have a set system/style of play but with Hodgson coming in and new ideas needed its a perfect time for both concerned.

Liverpool needed a play maker as apart from Gerrard there never seemed anyone who could spring a surprise on the oppositions defence.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eitt lið í firðinum!
Það er eitt lið firðinum!
Aðeins eitt lið í firpinum!
Eitt lið í fiðrinum!
Eitt lið í firðunum!

Við erum svartir!
Við erum hvítir!
Við erum FH dýnamítið!

Aðeins einn Heimir Guðjóns
Aðeins einn Hweimir Guðjóns!
Það er aðeins Heimir Gúðjóns!

Tommmy!
Tommy Nielsen!
Hann er bestur vörnini!
Og það skiðtir engu þó hann skori mark með hendinni!

Hey! Hey! Baby!!! uhH! ahH! MAtti Vill!
Hey hey baby! uhh! ah! Matti VilL!

Haukar Falla! á Allt og alla!
FH vinnur þessa deild.
Nú er árstíð,,, Íslandsmeistarana!
Hauka tussur, farið heiM!!!!!!!!
Haukar tussur farið heim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eitt lið í firðinum!
Eitt lið í fiðrinum!
Eitt lið í firðunum!

Við erum svartir!
Við erum hvítir!
Við erum FH dýnamítið!

Aðeins einn Heimir Guðjóns
Aðeins einn Hweimir Guðjóns!
Það er aðeins Heimir Gúðjóns!

Tommmy!
Tommy Nielsen!
Hann er bestur vörnini!
Og það skiðtir engu þó hann skori mark með hendinni!

Hey! Hey! Baby!!! uhH! ahH! MAtti Vill!
Hey hey baby! uhh! ah! Matti VilL!

Haukar Falla! á Allt og alla!
FH vinnur þessa deild.
Nú er árstíð,,, Íslandsmeistarana!
Hauka tussur, farið heiM!!!!!!!!
Haukar tussur farið heim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Wise words.

:cool:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eitt lið í firðinum!
Eitt lið í fiðrinum!
Eitt lið í firðunum!......

Attachments

• 285px-Fimleikafélag_Hafnarfjarðar_Logo.svg.jpg
    285px-Fimleikafélag_Hafnarfjarðar_Logo.svg.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 40
blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to Hodgson except against Fulham:)

He would love to get hold of £50M for Torres to buy three or four good players and put his stamp on the team as Rafa seems to have left a depleted squad... maybe a move away when Torres starts scoring again will benefit all parties.

I think Roy is shrewder than most and given his head could elevate Liverpool to heights unseen for decades.

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's an excellent manager. Let's hope he can tease out the best from a talented squad.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously though ... why not allow offsides!!

you dont see offsides in basketball.....

it makes me ill when i see fullbacks running the other way to draw the offsides because they cant cover a guy.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously though ... why not allow offsides!!

you dont see offsides in basketball.....

it makes me ill when i see fullbacks running the other way to draw the offsides because they cant cover a guy.

Because allowing offsides would be dumb

Looks like Sol Campbell is coming to Newcastle. Pretty decent signing I think, great cover for the start of the season while Steven Taylor is out. Also being linked with a season long loan for Hatem Ben Arfa (lol) and also a move for Raul (looooooooooooooooooooooooool)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha yeah saw that earlier, it's brilliant

Been watching the u19 game between England and Spain, and frankly, England were outclassed. They move the ball around so well, while we were reduced to a lot of kick and rush style stuff. Safe to say it doesn't make me particularly hopeful for the future

Couple of great Spain moments from this tournament

YouTube- Best Penalty Kick Ever? Ezequiel Calvente Penalty for Spain U19 vs Italy U19 (24/07/10)

YouTube- AMAZING Free Kick GOAL Canales | Spain - England [3-1] U19 2010 Semi Final

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to Hodgson except against Fulham:)

He would love to get hold of £50M for Torres to buy three or four good players and put his stamp on the team as Rafa seems to have left a depleted squad... maybe a move away when Torres starts scoring again will benefit all parties.

I think Roy is shrewder than most and given his head could elevate Liverpool to heights unseen for decades.

Seriously theres so much wrong with that post i don't know where to start.
OK Torres, if he was to go, its extremely unlikely as City are the only club who can afford him and he wont go there, but thats another debate, if he was to go how would that help the team? The scum in the boardroom would take 40m to pay some of the interest off and give Roy 10m to buy Carlton Cole, that would leave us with Cole, Kuyt and Ngog none of whom have shown to be exactly prolific.
As for Roy himself, don't get me wrong he seems to be a nice enough bloke and hes a decent manager but he isnt and has never been a top level manager, look at his career, he never stays anywhere very long, hes not gonna build a dynasty. We had one of the best managers around, as evidenced by the fact that hes just got the job at the best club team in Europe last season. The truth is that roy has been brought in as a short term option to steady the ship until the owners can sell up, at which time the new owners will bring in their own man, hell Roy even said this in his first interview for the club.

Oh and Onemorechance, you are absolutely right there is no bright future for England until they change the very nature of the grass roots football in this country, Spain/germany are the models we should be looking to emulate, the Spanish have been brilliant the whole tournament and Pacheco (Liverpool) has been awesome.

S

SirFoldaLot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good point about Hodgson. He did a great job at Fulham last season, but his spell at Blackburn a few years back was pretty unhappy. I hope he does the business at Liverpool - if only to prove that England can produce decent managers apart from 'Arry.