okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
woweee the great new zealand All Whites draw 1-1 with Italy, how big is that in World Cup history.
A team worth absolute mills can't beat a team with one true class player Nelson.
Guts out classes the professionals, the looks on the Italian faces priceless.:party

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great result - and well deserved. Even Italy's penalty was very soft - as they said in the commentary, if that was a penalty there should be 6 or 7 every game.

Congrats!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Agree, but there was a touch of off-side about our goal as well, balanced the result.
Can we beat Paraguay and qualify for the next round, they are playing best in the group.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the Lucas bashing but this maked me laugh.
alonso1.jpg

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Roy Hodgson. Not exciting but now it's done we have to give the man every chance. Let's hope the big names all stay around - I am hopeful that they will.....seems kind of late if they want to move somewhere else with the new season not that far away, and the World Cup players not even back in training for a few more weeks.

Glad to see that Gerrard was quick to be positive about Hodgson's appointment.

It seems that Kenny applied for the job but was not even considered - he would have been the fans choice by a mile.....

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Roy Hodgson. Not exciting but now it's done we have to give the man every chance. Let's hope the big names all stay around - I am hopeful that they will.....seems kind of late if they want to move somewhere else with the new season not that far away, and the World Cup players not even back in training for a few more weeks.

Glad to see that Gerrard was quick to be positive about Hodgson's appointment.

It seems that Kenny applied for the job but was not even considered - he would have been the fans choice by a mile.....

Im so underwhelmed by Roy's appointment I can't even express how much. Nothing against the guy, hes always seemed like a decent man who loves the game but his long career doesnt exactly stand out with success bar a couple of scandinavian leagues. For those who wanted Rafa gone, I hope your happy with what you got lol.

As for the players I expect Benayoun and Masch to be gone but can't see Gerrard or Torres leaving, because they have very few options as much as anything, Gerrard probably only has Madrid, and thats if they actually want him, Torres likewise wheres he gonna go, Barca want Fabregas after signing Villa so not there, he wont go to Madrid, hes already said he wouldnt go to City so who else is gonna spend 50m (approx) to get him?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yossi to Chelsea :(. Sucks cause I allways rated him.
He said he is moving because of 1)Rafa and 2) To get more playing time.
Well 1)Rafa is gone and 2) He will never play more at Chelsea then at Liverpool.

Aurelio is gone to.
Great players but really unlucky with injurys.

Shelvey and Jovanovich will hopefully to well.

Im so underwhelmed by Roy's appointment I can't even express how much. Nothing against the guy, hes always seemed like a decent man who loves the game but his long career doesnt exactly stand out with success bar a couple of scandinavian leagues. For those who wanted Rafa gone, I hope your happy with what you got lol.
Granted he wasnt the man I would have wanted(Mourinho,Hiidink,Daglish,Pelligrini).
His carrier is still pretty impressive when u take a close look.

In sweden he is legend for what he did for football there.
Improved the teams/league and there for the national side.
Won pretty much every thing.

At Inter he came in when they where in a relegation spot and he guided them to a euro spot(and the finals the following year).

And he got switzerland into the last 16 of the WC.

oh also, FH please,please,please get a good result in the away game in the CL qualafying vs BATE today!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Henry to New York Red bull.
What a terrible spiral his carrier has been in the last 2-3 years.
He will probably make alot of money of this deal though...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Henry to New York Red bull.
What a terrible spiral his carrier has been in the last 2-3 years.
He will probably make alot of money of this deal though...

I wouldn't really call it a spiral, at Barcalona with a couple of la Liga titles, Champions League winners.
61 goals in 151 games :top:

http://www.footballdatabase.eu/football.joueurs.thierry.henry.5.en.html

Gillette adverts with Federer & Tiger Woods must have brought in a fair chunk of change.

His wages are probably still going to be pretty high but realistically at his age he wouldn't get too many top, top clubs after him, more like a mid-table & hoping to improve side only.

He will be the big fish in the small pond as opposed to the older talent in a battling team of potential.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't know New York had a Handball or Diving team :p .

B. Munichs line up for the new season - minor changes still possible.

Butt (Sattelmaier)​

Lahm=Demichelis=van Buyten=Badstuber (Contento, van der Wiel, Braafheid, Breno)​

Robben(Altintop)=van Bommel(Tymoshchuk)=Schweinsteiger(Ottl, Kroos)=Ribéry (Pranjic)​

Müller(Olic, Sosa)​

Klose (Gomez)​

Doesn't look too bad imo - We'll see....​

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As for the players I expect Benayoun and Masch to be gone but can't see Gerrard or Torres leaving, because they have very few options as much as anything, Gerrard probably only has Madrid, and thats if they actually want him, Torres likewise wheres he gonna go, Barca want Fabregas after signing Villa so not there, he wont go to Madrid, hes already said he wouldnt go to City so who else is gonna spend 50m (approx) to get him?

Rafa had lost the dressing room and half of the fans. The biggest problem right now is the ownership. Until that is fixed we won't be right. But we can still have a good season under Hodgson. It isn't exciting on the face of it but if (and it may be a big IF) he can unite the team and get them to believe in each other we can do OK.

Gerrard won't leave - mainly because he has missed the boat IMO. He is now 30. he has 3-4 years left tops - and he needs to realise that he had may as well knuckle down, stop interfering in the running of the club and follow the manager.

Torres almost certainly won't leave - he could but options are limited and right now his injury issues might stop interested clubs from going ahead until the old Torres gets back to work.

From there, we need a consistent team with players picked on merit and not because the manager doesn't like them - like Benayoun.

What he has now said about how Rafa managed him is exactly what I was most afraid of. Rafa had his favourites - Babel for ages, Lucas for ages, etc. If your face didn't fit, you were out. He was also totally against changing tactics even when they obviously didn't work - like playing Gerrard out of position.

Hodgson has every chance of being successful - the tactics will be OK I think. The rest is up to the players.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't really call it a spiral, at Barcalona with a couple of la Liga titles, Champions League winners.

Gillette adverts with Federer & Tiger Woods must have brought in a fair chunk of change.

His wages are probably still going to be pretty high but realistically at his age he wouldn't get too many top, top clubs after him, more like a mid-table & hoping to improve side only.

He will be the big fish in the small pond as opposed to the older talent in a battling team of potential.
And how many of thouse 151 games did he actualy start and not just play the last 15min?
Still a good scoring record, especialy seeing as he was a sub alot.
But imo he is still good enough to play for top sides, maybe not Barcelona class but a major French,Italian,Dutch,German or basicly any English side barr Man Utd and Chel$ea.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh also, FH please,please,please get a good result in the away game in the CL qualafying vs BATE today!
ARGH! 0-0 after 50min, 2-0 after 85min, 5-1 after 90min :(.
One time win the second leg 4-0 :D.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how many of thouse 151 games did he actualy start and not just play the last 15min?
Still a good scoring record, especialy seeing as he was a sub alot.
But imo he is still good enough to play for top sides, maybe not Barcelona class but a major French,Italian,Dutch,German or basicly any English side barr Man Utd and Chel$ea.

No hes really not, his legs are gone and he no longer has any hunger, his wife is American so the MLS was always going to be his retirement, I mean finale :p

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem right now is the ownership.
You can say that again.

I have no idea of the acuracy of these numbers since I pulled em of RAWK but appernatly Liverpool have spend £55.8M on the the new stadium, but yet all thats ready are blueprints that need to be revised yet again.
Practicly making them the most expensive drawings in history!

* THE RUNNING COST OF LIVERPOOL'S STADIUM UNDER HICKS AND GILLETT - FROM THE ANNUAL ACCOUNTS
06/02/07-31/07/07 - £10.3m spent by Moores and Parry written off.
06/02/07-31/07/08 - £23.182m spent on revised stadium plans.
01/08/08-31/08/09 - £22.333m spent on revised stadium plans.

And if we wanna talk financial blunders by G&H how about the fact that the loan interest rates are high enough that Liverpool could add 2 Torres´s to the payroll with out them!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Thanks for the data base, just checked out roster and fixture list for the Hammers, looks like we will struggle again this season:s:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the data base, just checked out roster and fixture list for the Hammers, looks like we will struggle again this season:s:

Not if Avram can do half as good as he did here at Pompey