Ongoing Soccer Thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its happened :( - but no one is surprised or complaining here - best wishes to 'Uncle' Avram Grant :wavey:

I've heard "The Special One" might be available some time soon, and is looking for new challenge.......;)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great result today for Blackpool having returned to the peak of football and winning the Championship play-off 3-2 over Cardiff.

Blackpool in the Premier League with manager Ian Holloway (always good for a interview ;)) :top:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
CL final - I won't be playing much poker today.

Either I'll get hammered :D - or I'll get hammered :mad:.

Go Bayern go !!!!!!

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CL final - I won't be playing much poker today.

Either I'll get hammered :D - or I'll get hammered :mad:.

Go Bayern go !!!!!!

I'm going to a neighbors to watch game at 12pm PST??? If so I need to call that fool!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is on now - should have started at 11.45 PST

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come Drogba didnt collapse/fall/dive (delete where necessary ;) :D) in his clip? - its what he's most famour for lol :D

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice vid. You're right Stixy, we're all really excited about the WC. I guess another vid will come sooner as Nike usually does.
Go Argentina...
:party:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any interest in a fantasy league/pool/prediction league for the world cup?
If so which would every one prefer?
Let me know and I will set it up so we can hopefully get a bunch of people in.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pompey to play in America & Canada this summer :top:

"The tour will be wrapped up on Saturday, July 24 at a venue still to be finalised.

This will take place either in Portland, Oregon, or in Washington DC."

Stay on the left coast and play in portland :D

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea,world cup will be awsum!!! i'm gonna go watch spain's games and maybe an england one...sometimes it's fun being a south african citizen:D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8719210.stm
Rafa on the way out?

Isnt this just typical for Liverpool season?
Doesnt matter if u want Rafa gone or not, this shouldnt take place in the media.
And the timing? Just before the WC,Every one on hollyday and the club in the middle of a sales procces.

Who the hell is gonna want to take the job at this point in time?
I doubt a world class manager wants to take a job with a transfer budget smaller then Birmingham,Sunderland,Wigan ect, owners that have lost the plot in the middle of selling the club and constant media leaks.

Depressing :(.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8719210.stm
Rafa on the way out?

Isnt this just typical for Liverpool season?
Doesnt matter if u want Rafa gone or not, this shouldnt take place in the media.
And the timing? Just before the WC,Every one on hollyday and the club in the middle of a sales procces.

Who the hell is gonna want to take the job at this point in time?
I doubt a world class manager wants to take a job with a transfer budget smaller then Birmingham,Sunderland,Wigan ect, owners that have lost the plot in the middle of selling the club and constant media leaks.

Depressing :(.

Im not surprised as for the last few months of the season i sensed that they were only too happy for him to take the Juventus job that was being talked about. There seemed little coming from Anfield about wanting him to stay or [more telling] the fact they didnt want him to go.

Possibly with trying to get new owners they have found no one wants to take the club with him in place?

A clean break is best all round i feel.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not surprised as for the last few months of the season i sensed that they were only too happy for him to take the Juventus job that was being talked about. There seemed little coming from Anfield about wanting him to stay or [more telling] the fact they didnt want him to go.

Possibly with trying to get new owners they have found no one wants to take the club with him in place?

A clean break is best all round i feel.
That be a best case scenerio.

Worst case scenerio, Rafa didnt want to offload Torres,Gerrard,Reina,Macherano ect to pay of the owners huge debts so they are geting in a "yes" man to sell them.

Dont forget that under the terms of Rafa´s last contract(or atleast the rumours what the terms where) he got a final say in all transfer deals.
Suposedly it was to avoid another Keane/Barry fiasco but now it might be stoping the owners from selling star players?

Dont get me wrong, after this season I think Rafa deserves to get the sack, I just dont want it to be done at this point in time(should have been as soon as the season ended or when new owners come in imo) or in this way.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That be a best case scenerio.

Worst case scenerio, Rafa didnt want to offload Torres,Gerrard,Reina,Macherano ect to pay of the owners huge debts so they are geting in a "yes" man to sell them.

Dont forget that under the terms of Rafa´s last contract(or atleast the rumours what the terms where) he got a final say in all transfer deals.
Suposedly it was to avoid another Keane/Barry fiasco but now it might be stoping the owners from selling star players?

Dont get me wrong, after this season I think Rafa deserves to get the sack, I just dont want it to be done at this point in time(should have been as soon as the season ended or when new owners come in imo) or in this way.

But as a British MP was caught out emailing on 9-11 'it's a good time to release bad news' :rolleyes:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really think Rafa had lost Steven Gerrard this season. He may have also lost Torres. When I say "lost" I mean he lost their faith in him. He made too many odd decisions about who to play and who to substitute, especially at key points in games we had to win. I don't think Gerrard's heart was in more than a handful of games last season, and that is a big part of what happened.

For me, Dalglish should get the job. He knows the club and the fans and has a proven track record. We need stability and a return to the old core values of the club. Even without transfers, I think we still have the essence of a solid team - they just need to have confidence in the man responsible for team selection and tactics, and Benitez lost that.