Ongoing Soccer Thread

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love watching FS ohio every sunday at midnight to catch alll the badass goals that ESPN never shows

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ow no....i'm sorry guys BUT CHELSEA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!
woooooooohoooooooooo,we gonna destroy liverpool,take the league and kill pompey :D

CSuave

CSuave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PattyR, where are you in Ohio? Do you play at any of the clubs around the state?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ow no....i'm sorry guys BUT CHELSEA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!
woooooooohoooooooooo,we gonna destroy liverpool,take the league and kill pompey :D

Haven't you noticed thought we have been dead all season, but we are still here - that makes us the undead :evil: lol :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So no one has any thoughts on how Inter beat Barca 3-2 on aggregate to get to the final of the Champions league?

Mouriniho looked a littled pumped up at the end of the game i thought lol :D

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So no one has any thoughts on how Inter beat Barca 3-2 on aggregate to get to the final of the Champions league?

Mouriniho looked a littled pumped up at the end of the game i thought lol :D

He will hopefully look pumped out after the final :p .

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish we had him at Liverpool. I hope he stays far away from ManU!

Good effort tonight without Torres. With him I am sure we win on aggregate. Without him - the season is now officially over.....except for an interesting game this weekend that I hope we lose.....would be typical of our season to play great and win!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is gonna sound really whiny, but, am i the only one that finds away goals in extra time extremly stupid(I actualy hate the away goal rule allways but thats another subject)?
I mean the away team in the second leg gets a extra 30min to score that all important goal. Only way it could be fair imo is if they allways play for 120min in the first leg and if the score where even after 90 min in the second game(only counting the 90min in the first game obvs) they would play another extra time so both team would get the extra 30min, but that would be a extremly stupid and boring rule so why the **** dont UEFA/FIFA just not include away goals in extra time?

Liverpool where great tonight imo. So nice to see some passing football(especialy between Gerrard,Aquaman and Yossi in the first half).
I was kinda shocked by Rafa´s substitions tonight(nothing new I guess).
Seriously El-Zhar for Aqua when he had just played his best game in a reds shirt, sure he has injury issues but there where a few players looking alot more tired then him at the end of the game(Gerrard).
Pacheco I liked seeing come on because I think he has a bright future but again, why for Yossi? The goal scorer and most dangerouse players, surely a defender would have been better seeing as they needed a goal with only 10min left and AM just sitting back and defending.

Oh and last piece of pissed of rambling, why the **** did the lines man in the first game have to disallow Yossi´s COMPLETLY LEGAL goal :(.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conversely, it could be argued that the home team gets an extra 30 minutes with home advantage. The only way to 'fairly' solve the ET issue would be to just have penalties if the scores/away goals are tied after full time, I guess, but even that isn't exactly a wonderful solution.

I'm usually first on the "Rafa is insane" bandwagon, but really Aquilani looked exhausted and I think Masch was slightly injured. The Benayoun/Pachco one did seem odd though.

Really, let's be honest though, Liverpool's season has been so terrible they don't really deserve a trophy, even the Euro Booby Prize Cup or whatever it's called now.

Awesome for Fulham though. Even if Chelsea win the double if Hodgson doesn't get manager of the year it would be an absolute travesty.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey Dorkus you wouldn't be calling it the Euro Booby Prize Cup if Birmingham had qualified.:)

you are right about Hodgson though. The man has performed a miracle at Fulham and we will be devastated to see him leave for the England job as anyone else can only be second best.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is gonna sound really whiny, but, am i the only one that finds away goals in extra time extremly stupid(I actualy hate the away goal rule allways but thats another subject)?
I mean the away team in the second leg gets a extra 30min to score that all important goal. Only way it could be fair imo is if they allways play for 120min in the first leg and if the score where even after 90 min in the second game(only counting the 90min in the first game obvs) they would play another extra time so both team would get the extra 30min, but that would be a extremly stupid and boring rule so why the **** dont UEFA/FIFA just not include away goals in extra time?

Liverpool where great tonight imo. So nice to see some passing football(especialy between Gerrard,Aquaman and Yossi in the first half).
I was kinda shocked by Rafa´s substitions tonight(nothing new I guess).
Seriously El-Zhar for Aqua when he had just played his best game in a reds shirt, sure he has injury issues but there where a few players looking alot more tired then him at the end of the game(Gerrard).
Pacheco I liked seeing come on because I think he has a bright future but again, why for Yossi? The goal scorer and most dangerouse players, surely a defender would have been better seeing as they needed a goal with only 10min left and AM just sitting back and defending.

Oh and last piece of pissed of rambling, why the **** did the lines man in the first game have to disallow Yossi´s COMPLETLY LEGAL goal :(.

I hate the away goal rule since it's been implemented aswell.

Let's not talk about the silver and golden goal aera (I might throw up :icon_puke )

Never understood why they had to implement the away goal rule.

Conversely, it could be argued that the home team gets an extra 30 minutes with home advantage. The only way to 'fairly' solve the ET issue would be to just have penalties if the scores/away goals are tied after full time, I guess, but even that isn't exactly a wonderful solution.

I'm usually first on the "Rafa is insane" bandwagon, but really Aquilani looked exhausted and I think Masch was slightly injured. The Benayoun/Pachco one did seem odd though.

Really, let's be honest though, Liverpool's season has been so terrible they don't really deserve a trophy, even the Euro Booby Prize Cup or whatever it's called now.

Awesome for Fulham though. Even if Chelsea win the double if Hodgson doesn't get manager of the year it would be an absolute travesty.

Mark van Bommel called the former UEFA-Cup the "Fiat Punto Clio CUP" as he was asked to compare it to the champions league (formula 1).

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't you noticed thought we have been dead all season, but we are still here - that makes us the undead :evil: lol :)
we'll give u a 7-0 wooping then hopefully pompey gets a heart attack :D ,been my "EVIL" plan all season!

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The home team advantage isnt tangible tho is it? it could even be argued that it puts more pressure on players, whereas the away goal rule in ET is a tangible advantage, if the away team scores 1 goal in ET the home team have to score 2 how is that a level playing field?

You are right about Hodgson tho, I have always liked him and think hes a good manager. Done a great job at Fulham.

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of season in Scotland, I imagine the players all stumbled onto the pitch drunk, hence the score ;)

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea, the greatest team in the history of the PRM?
7-2 vs sunderland, 7-1 vs Villa, 7-0 vs Stoke, 8-0 vs Wigan.
Thats pretty damm impressive.

Liverpool-Hull was one of the most boring games in a horrible season.
Hopefully some Saudi gazzilionare will buy the club and bring in some big players.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CCCHHHEEELLLSSSEEEAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D CCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
told ya'll people:icon_thum

amagic

amagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats for Chelsea and Bayern.
Seria A is very intresting the last match will be who is the winner.