Liverpool 2011 Champions :)
Bring on the World Cup.:top:

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wish they would clear off to their own borough:)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wemberleee, Wemberleee.......

it's cup final day peeps - my tiny penniless Pompey against the giant multi-millionaires of Chelsea.

Hoping for the best and dreading the worst, but whatever happens, we're there and going to parteeeeee :party:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to say Liverpool's pre-season form has really worried me....saw the game vs Atletico and it was below standard again. OK, the first goal happened while Carragher was off the field and before his sub came on. OK, after he went off our centre backs were both 19-year olds (no Agger or Skrtel). OK, it was only pre-season and nobody wants to get hurt....so maybe all will be well against Spurs. :confused: More hopeful than confident right now!

I hate being right sometimes :( .

Mental note: Next pre-season be full of joy and optimism! :p

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, technically I only got 3 points - all from the top 4.

BUT - being kind to myself - I did predict all of the top 8 correctly (OK, most of them easy calls) but with a few in the wrong order. I also predicted 2 of the 3 to be relegated - with Pompey replacing Birmingham out of the trap-door.

OK - anyone else fancy trying to predict the finishing order this season? One point per correct team placement - bit of fun!

1. Chelsea
2. ManU
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Man City
7. Everton
8. A Villa
9. Fulham
10. West Ham :)) Debi)
11. Wigan
12. Sunderland
13. Bolton
14. Blackburn
15. Portsmouth :)p Ian)
16. Stoke
17. Wolves
18. Hull City
19. Burnley
20. Birmingham :)( sorry , Chris)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 correct here! Also top 8 in the wrong order and 2 of 3 relegation correct!

Here's my effort :-

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man City
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Aston Villa
9. Fulham
10. West Ham
11. Sunderland
12. Blackburn
13. Bolton
14. Stoke
15. Wolves
16. Portsmouth
17. Wigan
18. Burnley
19. Birmingham
20. Hull

And Dakota, you're missing a team!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winner, winner, chicken dinner me-thinks!

6 correct, including top 2 and bottom 3! WTG! :D

Here's my go

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Man City
5. Villa
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Tottenham
9. Wolves
10. West Ham
11. Bolton
12. Wigan
13. Sunderland
14. Fulham
15. Stoke
16. Birmingham
17. Blackburn
18. Burnley
19. Hull
20. Portsmouth

Wolves set for a really good season, the title is hard to call, depends how Ancelotti settles in at Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd both start the season weaker than last. Pompey and Hull definitely going down, with one of the next bottom 4 I've picked to join them! :D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking of going through these - but the FA Cup is on soon so i would have been slightly distracted lol :D

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fancy Spurs to have a good season

Me too, I love harry as a manager he's awesome!

Spurs have a good squad aswell I think they could be up there challenging for 3/4/5 with arsenal, man city, everton and villa :)

Lol, I think he's the most hated manager in the league, very unprofessional and a disgrace to the game.

Oh and he is something else too....what was it....oh, yes - Manager of the Year! I know that sucks for a lot of people, but I do like 'Arry Boy a lot and was glad to see him get some recognition (sorry, Ian).

Kind of ironic to see West Ham so low and sacking Zola when 'Arry is riding so high and getting the award. I like the Hammers a lot, but they screwed up very badly when they sacked him. He has been on a great roll ever since.

It's a lot of fun looking back at some of the predictions we all made back in August! Page 17/18 in this thread. A lot of them were very good - so maybe we do know something about this crazy game after all!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking of going through these - but the FA Cup is on soon so i would have been slightly distracted lol :D

You did OK Ian - top 8 in the wrong order but only 2 places correct.

Good luck today! I would love to see Pompey win it as some small consolation for a lousy (BIG understatement I know) season.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one big thing bugging me all this season is - remeber 10-15 years ago when the money began to roll into football and all the owners who began to swin in their inflated bank accounts all staed the same thing -

'You cannot run a football club in the same way as you used to anymore, they have to be run like a business now'

My god they are some terrible business men around aren't there?

Portsmouth, Luton, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Leicester, Charlton for a start have all gone into administration at some point,

Hull & Sheff Wed are looking likely, and now even the 'big' clubs like Man Utd & Liverpool face a mountain of debt brought in by the owners.

Run like a business - yeah that worked :mad:

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and he is something else too....what was it....oh, yes - Manager of the Year! I know that sucks for a lot of people, but I do like 'Arry Boy a lot and was glad to see him get some recognition (sorry, Ian).

Kind of ironic to see West Ham so low and sacking Zola when 'Arry is riding so high and getting the award. I like the Hammers a lot, but they screwed up very badly when they sacked him. He has been on a great roll ever since.

It's a lot of fun looking back at some of the predictions we all made back in August! Page 17/18 in this thread. A lot of them were very good - so maybe we do know something about this crazy game after all!

Yeah the man doesnt leave a wake of destruction behind him does he!
Which clubs has he managed again? Lets see, Bournemouth; West Ham; Portsmouth;Southampton. What do they all have in common? Oh thats it theyve all gone into administration after he left. Still good luck Spurs huh:rolleyes:

As for his manager of the year award, what a joke, Ancelotti should have walked it (as much as I hate Chelski) he wins a double in his 1st season in this league and gets no recognition for it..

Oh and good effort by your boys today Ian, odds were always stacked against them but they did themselves proud. Good luck in the Fizzy pop league.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
West Ham supporter here.

If we ever get a MLS team in Atlanta I know me and Gesshoo would start building some interest in American soccer.

Go the Hammers, we are always great to follow usually fighting for survival at the wrong end of the Table:p

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait what redknapp got manager of the year? how the **** did hodgson not get it?

also good to see traditional awesome english penalty taking today given that the world cup is only a few weeks away.

(also f chelsea, the only good thing to come out of today was ballack getting injured)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah the man doesnt leave a wake of destruction behind him does he!
Which clubs has he managed again? Lets see, Bournemouth; West Ham; Portsmouth;Southampton. What do they all have in common? Oh thats it theyve all gone into administration after he left. Still good luck Spurs huh:rolleyes:

As for his manager of the year award, what a joke, Ancelotti should have walked it (as much as I hate Chelski) he wins a double in his 1st season in this league and gets no recognition for it..

Well....I have to side with 'Arry here.

Not his job to manage the finances - that's the board's job. If they gave him the $$ to spend, the rest is down to them.

What he did as a MANAGER was to keep the Hammers up for years and years. They have struggled more since he left.

2 great spells at Pompey, winning the FAC and getting them in the top half - pretty amazing for a club of Pompey's stature (no offence intended Ian).

Now at Spurs, he took them out of the relegation zone to a top half finish in year 1, and has beaten off the likes of City, Villa and Liverpool to get 4th place.

I think he's a great manager.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait what redknapp got manager of the year? how the **** did hodgson not get it?

also good to see traditional awesome english penalty taking today given that the world cup is only a few weeks away.

(also f chelsea, the only good thing to come out of today was ballack getting injured)

he did , and well deserved too :)

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/hodgson-named-lma-manager-of-the-year-2175528.html

Harry only got Premiership manager of the year....a lesser award.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and Avram Grant has been awarded God like status in Pompey :D

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think he will leave Ian? How many players do you think will stay? I hope you come back like Newcastle but you know what it is like in the Championship - tough.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys - if anyone is interested and hasn't seen it yet, there is a thread with entry into World Cup Fantasy Football.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think he will leave Ian? How many players do you think will stay? I hope you come back like Newcastle but you know what it is like in the Championship - tough.

Yeah what we need is a owner with deep pockets and willing to splash the cash......oh hang on thats how we got here wasn't it lol :rolleyes:

As for Avram he has already hinted that if he can build from the beginning instead of relying on loanees and living with all the bs of this season he would stay.

That needs someone to come in and this time not be a bullshi##er like the last few.

I fear - and a lot of others do - he will end up leaving, but at least no one will blame him because he has stood up for the club more than anyone has ever done in all my years of following footy.

Pompey til i die :icon_salu

********breaking news********

Michael Bollock.....sorry Ballack ;) is out of the World Cup after the tackle on Saturday, see, don't slap a Pompey player and he won't jump on your foot :)

********breaking news********​

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah what we need is a owner with deep pockets and willing to splash the cash......oh hang on thats how we got here wasn't it lol :rolleyes:

As for Avram he has already hinted that if he can build from the beginning instead of relying on loanees and living with all the bs of this season he would stay.

That needs someone to come in and this time not be a bullshi##er like the last few.

I fear - and a lot of others do - he will end up leaving, but at least no one will blame him because he has stood up for the club more than anyone has ever done in all my years of following footy.

Pompey til i die :icon_salu

********breaking news********

Michael Bollock.....sorry Ballack ;) is out of the World Cup after the tackle on Saturday, see, don't slap a Pompey player and he won't jump on your foot :)

********breaking news********​

I always liked Portsmouth and hope they will recover.

Kevin Prince Boateng has a history of being unable to control himself.

Butchered Ballack with a brutal revanche foul imo.

It's the 4th or 5th time I've seen him delivering tackles clearly not against the ball but intentionally against a player and he's still young so we'll see him doing that again - where was the referee ??? :mad:

(Btw Ballack should have been sent off 3min earlier for slapping him ...)

Ribery will miss the CL final for a similar foul on first sight though he just came too late by a shoetip whereas Boateng connected with Ballack as the ball was already 2m on it's way.

Ref only booked him....unbelievable.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always liked Portsmouth and hope they will recover.

Kevin Prince Boateng has a history of being unable to control himself.

Butchered Ballack with a brutal revanche foul imo.

It's the 4th or 5th time I've seen him delivering tackles clearly not against the ball but intentionally against a player and he's still young so we'll see him doing that again - where was the referee ??? :mad:

(Btw Ballack should have been sent off 3min earlier for slapping him ...)

Ribery will miss the CL final for a similar foul on first sight though he just came too late by a shoetip whereas Boateng connected with Ballack as the ball was already 2m on it's way.

Ref only booked him....unbelievable.

Boateng has a lot of growing up to do - if only he could control himself.

I groaned when i saw he was to take the penalty, as he is the worst taker ive seen for a while, he has some good skills in the middle of the pitch and decent speed, but 20 yards out from goal there is only one thing on his mind and that is to blast the ball as hard as possible.

Sadly 99% of the time only the corner flag is in any danger :rolleyes: