Ongoing Soccer Thread

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so glad we recovered, Walcott was superman and Fabregas was the warrior holding the fort. Not too happy with the ref, gave them a lot of 50/50 decisions

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice to see the recovery as makes the return more interesting. Arsenal need a leader, someone with a bit of bite like Knasherano.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was hoping to see Messi skin Campbell a few times - oh well, there's always the next game :D

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little surprised there aren't any moans from LFC fans about penalties, offside goals, sendings off and fifth(sixth) officials. :vroam:

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEWCASTLE PROMOTED!!!!!!!! HOWAY THE LADS :D I cannot describe how amazing this feels

Now to go for the title, 100 points and unbeaten at home, but more importantly, it's time to get drunk as **** :D

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad Newcastle are back - they belong in the Prem.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus ****in christ Messi is good.
Messi´s thinking in the first half imo:
First goal- ah, I will just walk past a few defenders and hammer one in when i cant find any one to pass to.
Second goal-Sigh, i gave him a awsome pass and some how he mucks it up, better get in there and score one.
Third goal- There sure are alot of people in the stands, hey theres the ball, GOAL!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lionel Messi 4 - 1 Arsenal

What a player :adore:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah. What a player. Been a long time since I saw Arsenal taken apart like that.

Srazorr

Srazorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi ,wow what a player,can anyone ever see him leave barca and if he did could he cut it in the premier league?????????

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big Primera Liga game Saturday night - RM vs B. Could be the title decider. Tied on points and I think RM has a 1 goal advantage.

Srazorr

Srazorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id like to see Barca win LaLiga over RM ,they are just soo much better on the eye,Messi to get 2 i reckon

The Gent

The Gent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi ,wow what a player,can anyone ever see him leave barca and if he did could he cut it in the premier league?????????

Doesn't he have a $250 Million (may be Euros) release clause in his contract?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big Primera Liga game Saturday night - RM vs B. Could be the title decider. Tied on points and I think RM has a 1 goal advantage.

In a bizarre weird twist i believe i heard that even if they are tied on points at the end of the season, its who beat who that will decide the position and so the goal diff is on for the main season :stupid::questionm

Having checked Barca won the earlier game 1-0, so if tonight is drawn they should hold top spot :party:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are correct (again) Ian!

"The first tiebreaker used when two teams are even on points is the goal difference resulting from the two matches between the clubs in question. When more than two teams are tied, the points accumulated from the games between those teams are used to rank them, then goal difference if needed. If head-to-head results are not sufficient to separate teams, goal difference over the entire season, then total goals scored in the season may be used."

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The regular Spanish matches on Sky help ;)

Result of the day already in -

Scottish Cup Semi-Final
Celtic 0 - 2 Ross County :eek:

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really cannot wait for the Barca v Real game later. Just hope it isn't a let down like most big games are lol

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are correct (again) Ian!

"The first tiebreaker used when two teams are even on points is the goal difference resulting from the two matches between the clubs in question. When more than two teams are tied, the points accumulated from the games between those teams are used to rank them, then goal difference if needed. If head-to-head results are not sufficient to separate teams, goal difference over the entire season, then total goals scored in the season may be used."

Yes Madrid won the title a few years back on this rule.

Thankfully it doesnt look like they will this year. Messi does it again:)