Ongoing Soccer Thread

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest i'd rather they finish early than have extensive 'analysis' from their studio 'experts'. ^^

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest i'd rather they finish early than have extensive 'analysis' from their studio 'experts'. ^^

It just seems typical that when Pompey have done well, no air time left at the end, i expect Spuds, Chelsea etc matches will have a bit of overtime :rolleyes:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Ian, Commiserations Chris.

They didn't show the game over here but it sounds like a good game.

Saw ManU snatch another totally undeserved victory. Weak-looking team that played like crap then an awful defensive error gifts them a goal and Wolves sub blasts a sitter over the bar from 5 yards in the 93rd minute.

Bitter? Moi? I hope Arsenal win it. Best football team in the Prem by far.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish all live footy was on Sky as at least you have the option of muting just the commentators :mad:.

Why is it they feel the need to tell you non-stop about every thing a player has ever done, said or thought along with every useless piece of uninteresting statistical crap :mad::mad:

Just commentate on the game or shut up!

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thought we were better than Spurs on Saturday and unlucky not to snatch it in the second half.

Shaktar were superior to Spurs in every respect and we managed them over two legs so hopefully Spurs will go the same way.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heard from a Pompey fan -
'if we do win the FA Cup, at least we'll have a pot to piss in' lol :rofl: :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heard from a Pompey fan -
'if we do win the FA Cup, at least we'll have a pot to piss in' lol :rofl: :D
If Pompey even reach the finals it will be a far greter achivement then your FA win a couple years ago imo.
It would be so amazing if u could pull out a win that i just cant do anything but cheer for pompey!

On another note, im pretty sure if never seen Stevie G play as bad as yesterday.
Not a single pass,shot,tackle or dribble went his way :(.
And how does Torres miss 4sitters in the same game?
He hasnt missed 4sitters in his entier carrier combined...

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we're not getting into europe or in any danger of being relegated and pompey are definitely going down so hooray for completely meaningless revenge tonight in the most pointless game of the season so far! :cool:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Birmingham supporters last night at Fratton Park >>>>

'We're on the march with Ally's army,
We're not going to Wem-ber-leyyy,
'Cos we really f***ed it up,
we're out of the FA Cup,
but city are the greatest football team.'

:)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
our travelling fans are truly superb

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Chris - good race in the correct score thingy! I think it will go to the last week.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not surprised Pompey went bust just read they had 166 full time and 154 part time employees.............incredible

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Chris - good race in the correct score thingy! I think it will go to the last week.

yes it's pretty close! (well, between us, lol at the other three jokers :cool:)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not surprised Pompey went bust just read they had 166 full time and 154 part time employees.............incredible

Couldn't believe that myself, when i used to work there on matchdays years ago there was nowhere near that amount of people, after all non-matchdays are not exactly busy are they?

meanwhile anyone see this goal>>>>>
YouTube- Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich 3-2 Goal Robben

Robben has so much skill, its a shame he spends so much time diving around and cheating :(

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bullard and Barmby fighting was probably the last straw.

Bullard seems to take his antics too far sometimes. Chris Baird chinned him at Fulham:D

Good player if he could just keep his mouth shut.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
David Beckham out for the world cup..sucks the big one

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
David Beckham out for the world cup..sucks the big one
He might not have maked the squad and defenatly wouldnt have played much so not a big loss for England imo.
yeah they will miss his set pices and experience the 15mins he could have gotten a game but they have a few right winger that are alot better(and younger) then Becks.

amagic

amagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who will win Chealse or Inter?

I hope win english team i dont like Mourinho.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drogba stamping on motta

terry whining at the final whistle

chelsea fans chanting at their most successful manager in the modern era (and probably ever) telling him to "**** off"

stay classy, chelsea. a CL without them and real madrid is better than one with them.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drogba stamping on motta

terry whining at the final whistle

chelsea fans chanting at their most successful manager in the modern era (and probably ever) telling him to "**** off"

stay classy, chelsea. a CL without them and real madrid is better than one with them.

great to see the big spenders out.
their fans are absolutely disgraceful as are some of their team. just wish they would clear off out of Fulham.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't believe that myself, when i used to work there on matchdays years ago there was nowhere near that amount of people, after all non-matchdays are not exactly busy are they?

meanwhile anyone see this goal>>>>>
YouTube- Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich 3-2 Goal Robben

Robben has so much skill, its a shame he spends so much time diving around and cheating :(

Robben makes the difference it the moment - both in the Bundesliga and in the CL.

Great goal - will be nominated for german goal of the month afaik.

As for the diving and cheating - haven't seen much of that this season but I could have missed it as I haven't seen every game of Bayern (shame on me :eek: )

Ribèry is overvalued imo - injured most of the time and constantly on the verge of leaving off to madrid - I say let him go aslong as they are still ready to pay the full prize.

Today it's Barca - Stuttgart (first game 1:1) - on the paper it looks easy for barca but having seen the first match I think this could get interesting.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mad Jens in action :D
11-15170117-qf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for the diving and cheating - haven't seen much of that this season but I could have missed it as I haven't seen every game of Bayern (shame on me :eek: )

I admit neither have i ;) but my comment was based more on his Chelsea & Real Madrid (and Holland) spells, but cant see him changing his ways now :D

Messi played a blinder last night and has really stepped up a gear in the last few weeks, along with Rooney and :mad:ronaldo:mad: he is the best around right now imo.

As for the ongoing tales of Pompey - P-Diddy for P-ompey?

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/35694/US_rapper_to_choose_between_Pompey_and_Palace.aspx