Ongoing Soccer Thread

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck to pompey, Ian!

Friday = Pompey into Administration :(/:)

Good news as we can finally sort this crap that the dumb Arab no-money liers have put us in (not forgetting Gaydamak the spend money now & think later loon).

Bad news - docked 9 points and a cert to go down ........ oh we were anyway weren't we......so no worries :D

The whole city is agreed imo that we would rather even be playing in the Conference rather see the club go out of existence.

On top of that we could still even get to Wembly for the FA Cup semis & final.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes , good luck Pompey.These days their fate could happen to any club.

It's a pity the supporters have no say in the running of clubs.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as someone who works in insolvency i can't wait for the portsmouth administrator's proposals report to get leaked onto the internets. two of the required appendices to the report are (a) a statement of affairs detailing the company's assets and liabilities at the time it went into administration and (b) a trading account detailing the profit/loss since administration (well invariably the profit because if the company can't trade at a profit in administration, it basically needs/needed to be liquidated and the administrator is screwed for either not doing his job properly or liquidating the company in the first place).

also lol at the administrator saying the club will exit administration by CVA. any CVA needs approval of 75% of creditors voting (measured by total debt), and i'd guess that (a) if HMRC don't approve it they're boned and (b) there's a less than 10% chance of HMRC approving it because of their distaste of the 'football creditors' rule and because they will make any money lost by not approving a CVA back many times over because clubs will be that little bit more eager to make sure their tax bills are paid in full and on time.

pompey are going to have to pull some seriously dodgy stuff a la leeds (they allegedly falsified HMRC's claim in the CVA to get the 75% approval they needed) to get 'cleanly' out of this.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pompey are going to have to pull some seriously dodgy stuff a la leeds (they allegedly falsified HMRC's claim in the CVA to get the 75% approval they needed) to get 'cleanly' out of this.

If Peter Storrie(teller) is still involved - dodgy is all he can do :rolleyes: :mad:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hasn't he left now?

also im missing my first blues home game of the season 'cos i'm ill :( although from all accounts it sounds like a crap game (but we're winning so meh)

also also lmao at chelsea v man city and handshakegate earlier

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hasn't he left now?

also im missing my first blues home game of the season 'cos i'm ill :( although from all accounts it sounds like a crap game (but we're winning so meh)

also also lmao at chelsea v man city and handshakegate earlier
bridge shud have nutted terry, that wud have been funny!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hasn't he left now?

He will 'offer' his resignation from his £1mill + a year job :mad: once the club has new owner :mad::mad:

Have yet to hear anyone disagree with his opinion :congrats:

YouTube- Pompey Fan Interview

Craig Bellamy in aftermatch interview asked about Bridge/Terry episode quote 'well, its you lot that have blown it up really (the media) and we all know what JT (Terry) is like don't we.....' hmmmm do tell ;):D

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems, like every year, Arsenal will have to deal with major injuries. :banghead:
IMO, this dangerous actions even when it's not volunteer, should not be tolerate and the player that causes it should be out of every competition until the injury is over, which would probaly mean 10 months not playing football for Shawcross as well as Ramsey.

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fairness it was a 50 50 ball, Shawcross was not going in maliciously and was visibly shaken. A horrible accident Shawcross caught his ankle as Ramseys foot hit the ground. If you watch it back, Shawcross went in late to kick the ball, and it was Ramsey that actually went in with two feet, the ref sent Shawcross off after he saw Ramseys foot practically hanging off.

Hope he recovers quickly!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fairness it was a 50 50 ball, Shawcross was not going in maliciously and was visibly shaken. A horrible accident Shawcross caught his ankle as Ramseys foot hit the ground. If you watch it back, Shawcross went in late to kick the ball, and it was Ramsey that actually went in with two feet, the ref sent Shawcross off after he saw Ramseys foot practically hanging off.

Hope he recovers quickly!

Agree totally - half a second either way and it could well have been Shawcross with the broken leg and Ramsey shedding the tears.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not referring to this incident but there are too many high tackles in the premiership. I think after match video monitored yellow/reds should be given.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems, like every year, Arsenal will have to deal with major injuries. :banghead:
IMO, this dangerous actions even when it's not volunteer, should not be tolerate and the player that causes it should be out of every competition until the injury is over, which would probaly mean 10 months not playing football for Shawcross as well as Ramsey.

Sorry Hoje but this is nonsense, as mentioned by others this injury could have been reversed if the timing had been a split second different, if players who cause injuries are stopped from playing for the duration of injuries they cause then there would be no players left to play. IMO the faster the game gets the more of these injuries will happen.
I believe Arse have suffered more of these types of injuries because many of their players are good on the ball and quick movement of the ball means their players are more likely to be on the end of what seem like late tackles when in fact its just clever footwork has moved the ball before the tackling player has the time to get the tackle in often putting the plyers leg where the ball was just a split second before.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday = Pompey into Administration :(/:)

The whole city is agreed imo that we would rather even be playing in the Conference rather see the club go out of existence.

100% record since they went into Admin! I would love to see them get enough points to stay up even with the -9 deduction.

Henry could follow line sniffer's example.

That was classic! Drove the blue-noses crazy!

Another win - great season Chris!

I believe Arse have suffered more of these types of injuries because many of their players are good on the ball and quick movement of the ball means their players are more likely to be on the end of what seem like late tackles when in fact its just clever footwork has moved the ball before the tackling player has the time to get the tackle in often putting the plyers leg where the ball was just a split second before.

Sad but true IMO.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So - what odds on the league title? Arsenal are only 3 points behind. Chelsea still have to go to ManU and Liverpool. ManU have Chelsea & Liverpool home and ManC away. Arsenal has Spurs away. All 3 are away to Blackburn, which will be a tough game for all 3.

All 3 are still in the CL. Totally anyone of the top 3 can win IMO.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea should win cause they got the best squad.
Man Utd will probably win it because thats what they do.,
I hope Arsenal win because they play the most entertaining football and there not Chel$ea or Man Utd scum.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea should win cause they got the best squad.
Man Utd will probably win it because thats what they do.,
I hope Arsenal win because they play the most entertaining football and there not Chel$ea or Man Utd scum.
I hope Tottenham win it all, not one of the 'big 4', would be nice for football.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Tottenham win it all, not one of the 'big 4', would be nice for football.
No chance imo.
Even if they win the remaning 10 games they still only end with 79points, which even in this years very even league probably isnt enough.
Just dont see Man,Che,Ars all losing 10+ points in the last games.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what an awful performance by blues.

seriously the worst since burnley away in october(?)

lol at that not-given goal that was 2 yards over the line though.

oh well no biggie if it helps portsmouth survive i'd rather go out now than in the semis to chelsea or villa (which would inevitably happen) heh.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wem-ber-lee, Wem-ber-lee :party:

A little flat in the middle of the game after the end to end start, both sides were not really pushing forward with much confidence.

Thank you to the blind linesman who couldnt see the ball over the line ;) a bit of luck in our season of fun :rolleyes:

My lucky Pompey shirt is unbeaten for another game :top:

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fantastic game for a neutral like me! Can't believe the ITV boys sucked up to the goal scorer, Jamie O'Hara was by far and away the best player on the pitch