Ongoing Soccer Thread

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did they win?

and nice to see you're a local fan.........oh wait, hang-on, your from Dublin, thats local i guess, for a man u fan................:icon_sunn

I'm from ireland too. There are plenty of plastic Manu, Pool, Celtic fans over here to the detriment of the local game. I'm a Fulham fan first and foremost as I used to go there as a kid but also have a season ticket to my local team unlike the majority of the glory hunters.

At least the hordes supporting Sunderland have died away. Haven't noticed them supporting championship Ipswich though.

Thanks to KerouacsDog for the Laddies link:)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm from Ireland too. There are plenty of plastic Manu, Pool, Celtic fans over here to the detriment of the local game. I'm a Fulham fan first and foremost as I used to go there as a kid but also have a season ticket to my local team unlike the majority of the glory hunters.

At least the hordes supporting Sunderland have died away. Haven't noticed them supporting championship Ipswich though.

Thanks to KerouacsDog for the Laddies link:)
ireland is beautiful, my dad was from Galway bay.
I love dublin, the stiletto in the ghetto, etc.
I was a Liverpool fan as kid, then moved to swindon, and supported swindon there, and then to herts and supported luton followed by watford/and swindon still, now i live in Torquay and support them, they are 89th in the football league, but we as a town love them. It was like we had won the FA cup last year when we won the play-offs to get back into the League, lol, whole of devon went mad!

Laddies link?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ladbrokes footy thing :) ^^^^
lol, my memory is so bad, I couldnt even remeber that........................thanks Ian.

Are swindon town still in the premier league, lou macari/ossie ardiles/steve mcmahon still manager(last time i saw them play)???

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5th in League One (old Division 3) now - have been lower and almost went bust a few times i think but seem to be having a better year or 2 now :top:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sunderland v stoke dethrones villa v liverpool as worst prem game of the season.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard he lost a leg in a bass-fishing accident......?

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I just say that I think Steve Bruce is an Ex-ManU/Liverpool hating tosser?

Might I also add that after his rant at Benitez for trying to unsettle Kenwyne Jones his team have not won, continue to slide towards the relegation zone, lost in the FA Cup and conceded 7 at Chelsea.

For some strange reason, in a season where good news is in short supply for LFC fans, that makes me happy!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, it's a bit like when Benitez had that rant about Fergie. :p

Not gonna argue that cheesy Steve isn't a turd though. He'll be off somewhere as soon as the going gets slightly tougher and/or he gets an offer of more money (not that that is too likely to happen now as his managerial shortcomings are really starting to get highlighted at the moment), because that's the type of mercenary tosser he is.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who has ever liked Steve 'nose all over my face' Bruce anyways? :)

Do all ex-Fergie players who turn into managers have to copy his whinging ways - dare to be an individual, even smile maybe :rolleyes: (not you Steve Bruce of course, the thought of him smiling is too scary lol)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A quiet first half in the Mersyside derby - 21 fouls. 3 yellows and a red card.

Still 0-0 though

More shocking Pompey news - 24 hours have gone by and we still have the same owner :eek::eek: :D

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not Arsenal but hope they stuff C*****a today to keep things tight at the top.:D

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A quiet first half in the Mersyside derby - 21 fouls. 3 yellows and a red card.

Still 0-0 though

More shocking Pompey news - 24 hours have gone by and we still have the same owner :eek::eek: :D

What a great result after such a shocking ref'ing display. Liverpool must be the form team in PL now 17 from 21 points. Rafa Out!!!!:rolleyes:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tackle from Fellaini was worse than the one by Krygiakos IMO. Still think Fellaini was faking the injury. Krygiakos had 6 stitches where Fellaini stamped on him....

Still, a lot of character shown in winning with 10 men. We are still hopelessly lightweight up front without Torres but the defence is looking a lot better.

Nice win today Chris in the other local derby. I'm sure your nails were bitten down before they scored!

GL Pompey in next week's cup tie derby on the South Coast vs Saints. Should be a cracking game.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phew - last minute equaliser for Pompey! Need a few wins though to start to climb away from last place.....

Some big games tomorrow - Villa v ManU and Chelsea at Everton, with the small matter of LFC at Arsenal.....why aren't these games on at the weekend when we could probably see all of them?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pompey off to meet the taxman today - oh dear :rolleyes:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bye bye PRM hello League one for Pompey?
Hope it doesnt come to that but one perspective would be its the only humane thing to do, u know put the poor club out of its missery since thats all its been lately.
Just a couple years after winning the cup and every thing looked so bright but obvs the money men mess things up again(who the hell ones the club right now?).

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phew - last minute equaliser for Pompey! Need a few wins though to start to climb away from last place.....

Some big games tomorrow - Villa v ManU and Chelsea at Everton, with the small matter of LFC at Arsenal.....why aren't these games on at the weekend when we could probably see all of them?

Blame the weather and the world cup

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Portsmouth's lawyers said in court today that they had two serious potential buyers interested.

I can now reveal in a Cardschat exclusive that they are in fact incredibly wealthy lifelong Portsmouth fans named Mr M. Mouse and Mr D. Duck.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldnt CC pool some of the FR money and buy the poor club.
Players might have to take a pay cut but atleast the would get paid on time!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
saw Avram Grant in the FT freeroll last week. He said he would like to play the buyins, but, well, you know... :(

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just heared somewhere that if Pompey get decleared bankrupt all there games this season will be voided.
Meaning
Man Utd would lose 6points.
Arsenal,Chelsea,City and Tottenham 3 points.
And Liverpool 0 points.

Any one confirm this?

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they can't complete the season then it has to happen.but only two will go down.:( :( :( Fulham six points.