Ongoing Soccer Thread

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time was where it would be Liverpool getting all the jammy last-minute goals, but this season they've conceded a crapload of them (they're basically out of the CL because of last-minute goals, 2 vs Lyon and 1 vs Fiorentina, plus Stoke, Reading, and that's only what I can remember from recently).

On another topic, can Portsmouth not afford to employ any ground staff or something? Seeing the game postponed bemused me.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow - you had to trawl for that one - almost a year ago. Long time in football. It is what it is. We'll see out the season and see what happens - who was it that said "football is a funny old game"? You just never know what's going to happen....

lol, I often see that post as I usually click on the wrong link on the email notification of a post and that takes you to page one where you jinxed Rafa..You should edit it as most history is revisionist.

Rafa was lucky he went on a good run when he did...very lucrative for him.

Who would you like to see in his place? hands off Roy though.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IF Rafa goes i would like to see Daglish step in as caretaker manager and if things improve let him stay other wise try for Hiddink,Mourinho or Guardiola in the summer.
All three have said they would like to work in England one day and all three have proven track records.
Or maybe go for O´Neill.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mourinho - but I can't see him working for the existing owners,

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please leave MoN alone, I don't see Mourinho going to Liverpool unless he gets major financial backing which doesn't seem too likely. Hiddink is definelty worth a try although he might have been snapped up by then, Juve perhaps.

Looking foward to tonight, pleeeeeeeassse don't screw this up Villa!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good game last night marred by one of the worst refereeing displays I've seen in a long time.

- Wasn't anywhere near a pen. The second pull was no worse than the first and it was outside the area anyway.

- Bellamy should have had about 5 yellow cards.

- Studs-into-knee tackles (Tevez) apparently don't merit a booking, but tugging someone innocuously or even the heinous crime of winning the ball apparently do.

- The game would have been far better if the ref had let it flow a little. I understand that in some games it's impossible to do this, but last night wasn't a particularly dirty game yet the whistle kept going every 5 bloody seconds.

- City's second goal came from a corner that should never have been (probably more the linesman's fault but w/e).

- Nothing to do with refereeing, but I find it impossible to dislike Tevez, even though he is playing for a giant douche of a club. The second goal celebration was lolsome to the max.

It's not often I sympathise with Fergie, but he would have been well within his rights to blast the refereeing (I dunno if he actually has or not). Having said all this it's nice to see Man U being on the wrong end of some dodgy refereeing for once.

In other news, Gary Neville is still a tosser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8469774.stm

Also, I'm looking forward to Liverpool-Spurs tonight, two clubs famed for recently snatching defeat and draws from the jaws of victory, but something has to give! (read: it will probably be 0-0)

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whoop de doo! We won a game, and we scored in the last minute instead of conceding.

Arsenal top of the league - WTF?

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoop de doo! We won a game, and we scored in the last minute instead of conceding.

Arsenal top of the league - WTF?

hope Arsenal win it this season as a reward to Wenger's work over the last decade which hasn't been rewarded in terms of trophys. To my eyes they are the best team to watch most years.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hope Arsenal win it this season as a reward to Wenger's work over the last decade which hasn't been rewarded in terms of trophys. To my eyes they are the best team to watch most years.

Now you have the money vampire Campbell back, your defence wont know which way to turn ie. the Stoke game :rolleyes:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FA Cup draw - Scummers v Pompey - rigged i tells ya, its rigged :p

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surprise Surpise Scum v Pompey is a lunchtime kick off lol :viking::boxing:

Couldn't resist this little bet Stoke 50-1 to win the cup - worth a little each way i thought ;)

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
prefer a football team to win it , Fulham at 17.0 ideally.:D

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, word on the street is that John Terry (married , few kids iirc) has been shagging Wayne Bridge's missus.

One more thing for him to add to his 'tosser' portfolio, I guess.

Off to the blues game now!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, word on the street is that John Terry (married , few kids iirc) has been shagging Wayne Bridge's missus.

One more thing for him to add to his 'tosser' portfolio, I guess.

Off to the blues game now!
tosser is very appropaite for him, most footballers are tossers/w*nkers imo, too arrogant, think they're Gods, and way way overpaid, for a couple of hours footie a week and a bit of training, ffs*.

*rant over.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tosser is very appropaite for him, most footballers are tossers/w*nkers imo, too arrogant, think they're Gods, and way way overpaid, for a couple of hours footie a week and a bit of training, ffs*.

Never having the everyday grind wear them down and having grown up from a young age being told the skies the limit for them, shapes a delicate ego imo :rolleyes:

Couldn't help but notice this week that the super non-stop, all round great entertaining team (copyright most press output) Spurs have 44 points and in 4th place.
Meanwhile troubled, disjointed, failing and rudderless management (copyright most press again) Liverpool have 41 points and are in 5th place.

The press aren't biased are they?? :rolleyes:

If current scores stay the same at half-time*

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never having the everyday grind wear them down and having grown up from a young age being told the skies the limit for them, shapes a delicate ego imo :rolleyes:
have to agree with you there, ian.
Thing that really bugs me is that my wife works a 40hrs+ a week, as a nurse, dealing with death every day, is so stressed and tired after every shift, and what she earns in a year some of these so-called stars they probably earn in a day, ffs.
Nurses/all services, all forces etc are way underpaid, whilst footballers and politicians amongst others are way way overpaid.
There i go ranting again.................

Couldn't help but notice this week that the super non-stop, all round great entertaining team (copyright most press output) Spurs have 44 points and in 4th place.
Meanwhile troubled, disjointed, failing and rudderless management (copyright most press again) Liverpool have 41 points and are in 5th place.

I've always had an affection for Liverpool, the Paisley era, so hopefully they can get back to the 'top' even if the press dont consider top 4 as at the top......

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Oh mate its been like that for years the press just have it in for Benitez, don't ask me why tho.
U watch if the rumours of Keane to Sunderland for 8m are true the press will barely blink despite Harry having made a 7m loss, yet Rafa got absolutely slaughtered after offloading Keane for a 3m loss just a year ago and Liverpool went on their great run after he left.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh mate its been like that for years the press just have it in for Benitez, don't ask me why tho.
U watch if the rumours of Keane to Sunderland for 8m are true the press will barely blink despite Harry having made a 7m loss, yet Rafa got absolutely slaughtered after offloading Keane for a 3m loss just a year ago and Liverpool went on their great run after he left.

Thats because Judas/Harry :mad: is 'such a great wheeler dealer' :rolleyes: and the sun shines from a special place :p

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
United :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: United :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
United :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: United :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
did they win?

and nice to see you're a local fan.........oh wait, hang-on, your from Dublin, thats local i guess, for a man u fan................:icon_sunn