Ongoing Soccer Thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now let's hope wolves bring the lolz to anfield (yeah i don't like wolves but liverpool losing would be fun, and isn't christmas supposed to be about fun?). :p

Hey! You can go off people, Chris! You're still mad about that "penalty" aren't you?

But it was fun :).
Lucky Wolves got a red since Liverpool where struggling to break em down.

Yes - looking 0-0 all over until the on-off-on red card! Or should that be off-on-off?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watford FC fan Here, come on you glory hornet boys!!!!! :)
wow, I used to like Watford back when I lived in Hemel Hempstead.
I remember going to see them in the play-off finals at Wembley in '98 I think to win promotion to the Premier League, and they did it. Great day!

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mark Hughes basically told Everton tough sh** get on with it when he was unsettling Lescott pre-season and forcing through a transfer. Do i shed a tear for poor sparky because the board sacked him?? Nope... i hope Citeh struggle all year and go through about 4 managers in the next year... bitter..me? lol

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mark Hughes basically told Everton tough sh** get on with it when he was unsettling Lescott pre-season and forcing through a transfer. Do i shed a tear for poor sparky because the board sacked him?? Nope... i hope Citeh struggle all year and go through about 4 managers in the next year... bitter..me? lol

Sparky may be the next Everton boss if Moyes feels he has "taken this club as far as possible" as they say. I think he is due a change of scenery .

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at the snow at Villa Park makes me happy I'm not in Birmingham at the moment!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It clearly says Location: Birmingham UK - if you have moved you have to update your profile!!!

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It clearly says Location: Birmingham UK - if you have moved you have to update your profile!!!

he's probably spending Christmas in the Canaries lucky sod, says me shivering.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What team u think is gonna be "lucky" enough to get Megson as there next manager :D.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow,still all of liverpools problems talk....weeeha chelsea still owning !!!
(was gone for a while from poker-needed a break and laptop in for repairs-)

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What team u think is gonna be "lucky" enough to get Megson as there next manager :D.

championship side, can't see any prem supporters accepting him. good championship manager but with a whingey way about him and a silly haircut.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he's probably spending Christmas in the Canaries lucky sod, says me shivering.

i wouldn't be on the internets if i was. :(

villa-liverpool was the worst game i've watched this season, and given how awful some of birmingham's first half dozen games were that's really saying something. i wish they could have both lost (but i'm kinda glad torres scored for the fantasy team i don't pay enough attention to).

fa cup this weekend!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rooting for your team this year Dorkus!! (I love to root for the underdogs lol)

Last edited:
blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better take my mind off that so Midds v Man City stands out for me today.
Can see a typical FA Cup shock happening here with Boro really up for it and Citeh wishing they were somewhere much warmer on NYD (me too).

Boro a tempting 6.2 on betfair and maybe a saver on the draw just in case.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldn't be on the internets if i was. :(

villa-liverpool was the worst game i've watched this season, and given how awful some of birmingham's first half dozen games were that's really saying something. i wish they could have both lost (but i'm kinda glad torres scored for the fantasy team i don't pay enough attention to).

fa cup this weekend!

It was never gonna be a classic and the conditions certaintly didnt help. Liverpool are predictable and we contained them for the majority of the game, all they do is try and play it through the center and with Gerrard not exactly in the form of his life and no Xabi this season they struggle to break teams down. They really have no width and are unable to mix up their play. If we had a Torres up front we would of won that game but thats the difference between champions league sides and us, its no big deal that we have lost to Arsenal and Liverpool in what the media would make out to be games that will decide the champions league places but as ive said all along the aim is to finish 6th and of this I am confident. Overall bar the europa league exit I am very happy with the 1st half of this season, the squad has far more depth and I feel we are much harder to break down and are able to change our style of play with Milner in the middle.

To the transfer window I would like to see a central midfielder capeable of taking Petrovs space in the team, he did well last season due to us playing 4-5-1 but in a 4-4-2 he simply isnt mobile enough in my opinion. A move for Scott Parker could work out if he can be kept free of injuries. I would like to see us move for foward aswell, we have been linked to keane as always but I don't see the value in it as he would demand a large fee. In all honesty though I don't see us signing anyone that will go straight into the first team and the signals suggest it will be a quiet window for us although we go about our transfers privately since Lerner arrived.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was never gonna be a classic and the conditions certaintly didnt help. Liverpool are predictable and we contained them for the majority of the game, all they do is try and play it through the center and with Gerrard not exactly in the form of his life and no Xabi this season they struggle to break teams down. They really have no width and are unable to mix up their play. If we had a Torres up front we would of won that game but thats the difference between champions league sides and us, its no big deal that we have lost to Arsenal and Liverpool in what the media would make out to be games that will decide the champions league places but as ive said all along the aim is to finish 6th and of this I am confident. Overall bar the europa league exit I am very happy with the 1st half of this season, the squad has far more depth and I feel we are much harder to break down and are able to change our style of play with Milner in the middle.

To the transfer window I would like to see a central midfielder capeable of taking Petrovs space in the team, he did well last season due to us playing 4-5-1 but in a 4-4-2 he simply isnt mobile enough in my opinion. A move for Scott Parker could work out if he can be kept free of injuries. I would like to see us move for foward aswell, we have been linked to keane as always but I don't see the value in it as he would demand a large fee. In all honesty though I don't see us signing anyone that will go straight into the first team and the signals suggest it will be a quiet window for us although we go about our transfers privately since Lerner arrived.

I thought MON's plan was to get out of the Europa league to keep his squad fresh for an all out assault on the premiership to qualify for the CL. Sixth is hardly good enough this year with Liverpool struggling and other top 4 sides dropping points freely.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this season we could have played in both competitions with the extra depth we have, we were beat by a vienna side that was really up for the games and over both legs deserved to go out, there support was awesome aswell.

At the start of the season if you offered any realistic Villa fan 6th or 5th they would have accepted it. This season we have a much stronger Tottenham to compete with along with Man City and at the start of the season would of expected Everton to be at least top 10. Liverpool have struggled this season but they are only a point behind us and 4 points behind 4th place. Before any games were played this season would you have predicted them to be 6th after 20 games considering they finished only 4 points of the top last season.

A few years ago under D'OL we finished 16th since then and since MON has took over we have gone from 11th to 6th to 6th collecting more points every season, we are still in the process of becoming a side capable of finishing top 4 each season. I'm delighted with the progress we have made and only Villans with the shortest memories would be frustrated with a 5/6th place finish.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Liverpool bring the lolz again! (sorry Joe)

- Pompey earn a money-spinning replay at Coventry! (sorry Ian)

- Blues in mediocre 0-0 shocker! (sorry me)

Pretty boring day in the FA Cup on the whole and I do like how ITV have basically said a giant **** you to the romance of the FA Cup by televising three games featuring four premiership sides, a championship side and the runaway leaders of league one.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Liverpool bring the lolz again! (sorry Joe)

- Blues in mediocre 0-0 shocker! (sorry me)

Pretty boring day in the FA Cup on the whole and I do like how ITV have basically said a giant **** you to the romance of the FA Cup by televising three games featuring four premiership sides, a championship side and the runaway leaders of league one.

have to agree. the third round should be all about the small clubs that have struggled through each stage not premiership sides there because they are seeded...ITV always manage to foul up sport..and Andy Townsend wins my vote for worst TV pundit.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Townsend is an encyclopedia of footballing knowledge compared to Jamie Redknapp and some of the other muppets at sky.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

But can we afford the coach?! :eek: :D

Most stupid comment yesterday -
Stoke, if they win today will have 100 wins in this competition.
Currently they are on 99........

No Sh1t Sherlock !! :eek:

Commentators - just don't do it, whatever you think you want to say, just don't.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the subject of 'analysts' and commentators, could anyone understand a bloody word gus poyet was saying today?

on the subject of lolz, man u - lolz.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing i am grateful to sky sports is the facility to have just the crowd noise on their live matches and not have to listen to the endless fact & stats and useless info that most commentators feel is needed to be told during the game.

If you ever stood/sat at a game and said any of the 'facts' to the fans around you, you would either be very bruised or lonely by the games end imo :D

Man Utd = very poor, lol, dont start with your reserves ok Alex :top:

Jermaine Beckford = nobody go near him, he will fall to the ground with the slightest touch :eek: