Ongoing Soccer Thread

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Christmas I want Mourinhio and an eccentric Arab billionaire to buy the yanks out.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh,heh trust Pompey to find the only Arab living on the dole:D

G

GutShotGray

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can say Benitez has done so much for liverpool but that's with the cash he's had given to him...His tactics don't work and his rotation system his crap also...He depends on two plays of Gerrard and Torres and when they get injured, Liverpool are ****ed simple as.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can say Benitez has done so much for liverpool but that's with the cash he's had given to him...His tactics don't work and his rotation system his crap also...He depends on two plays of Gerrard and Torres and when they get injured, Liverpool are ****ed simple as.
I can accepted your conclusion but fear its based on false premices.

1.Rafa gave up his rotation system along time ago, yes he makes changes but its not nearly as drastic as u make it out to be.

2.His tactics are the same as the ones that got liverpool there best finish in 20years.

3.Gerrard and Torres where also injured alot last season to but yet the same team with the exception of Alonso(not including Hyypia and Arbeloa in this since every one can see Johnson is vastly superior to Arebeloa and Hyypia didnt play alot last season) managed to get there best PRM season in 20 years.

If u would have said something like:
-Rafa should never have sold Alonso with out buying a replacment that would be ready from the start of the season.
-Rafa should have gotten a back up striker
-Its his fault or defence is crap atm.

Then i might have agreed with u.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool's problems at the mo:

- Key players underperforming. Gerrard has been woeful since coming back from injury and with every game his antics and sense of entitlement get more and more embarassing to watch. Torres didn't look fit at the weekend and Aquilani still looks like he needs more match practice. Carragher has been poor and Johnson simply isn't very good at defending.

- No plan B. No backup in key areas. N'Gog actually hasn't looked that bad when he isn't diving to win penalties against us, but he's simply not a 'big 4'-quality striker. Look at the rest of the big 4 - Chelsea have Drog and Anelka, Man U have Rooney/Berba/Owen, and Arse, well okay they only really have RVP and Bendtner (lol) but their midfield can be consistently relied on to contribute goals (as can Chelsea and Man U's for that matter). Liverpool have Torres and Steve G and as above if they're either injured or underperforming they're screwed.

- Rafa. In a way it's quite admirable that many Liverpool fans are still standing by him in the modern age of managerial merry-go-rounds, but to absolve him of all blame is being silly. Sure, Alonso pretty much insisted that he left, but this was I'm sure at least in part because of Rafa unsettling him the prior summer. Plus, anyone who can transform a Liverpool side dominating Arsenal completely to a side that looked utterly jaded and threatless with one half-time team talk needs a bit of stick.

- The vast majority of the squad is full of players who either give the impression that they care but simply aren't technically good enough (Kuyt, Lucas et al), or players who have definite ability but don't seem to give a toss (pretty much everyone else bar the obvious exceptions).

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manager of the week= Mick Mcarthy! Has to be one of the greatest moves ever to make 10changes to your team after a massive away win last weekend.
Way to show your not gonna roll over for United!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god forbid if they ever go on a cup run or fluke a european place - dear old mick would need to have three teams at his disposal then. :eek:

in other news - guess who's top of the form table? :)

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manager of the week= Mick Mcarthy! Has to be one of the greatest moves ever to make 10changes to your team after a massive away win last weekend.
Way to show your not gonna roll over for United!

There needs to be a rule about this. It's unfair to supporters especially as they rarely play Man U.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There needs to be a rule about this. It's unfair to supporters especially as they rarely play Man U.

Meh. If they win at the weekend, after having a totally rested team, in a game that means considerably more than the Man Utd game then I'm not sure the fans will care

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose it's the consequences of all the talent being contained in the top five or six. Wouldn't like the premiership to end up like the SPL. How boring would that be?

At present upsets still happen every week but full strength sides need to be employed. Look out Man U against the superwhites tomorrow.:)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm torn on the Wolves thing. On one hand the big 4 have done it for years (remember Man U v Hull last year?) and it's become pretty much accepted for them to do so so all this whining seems a bit hypocritical, on the other hand if everyone in the league started putting their reserves out against the big 4 the prem would suck ass, it's not like Wolves have a hectic fixture schedule (oh now however will these highly trained and ridiculously paid athletes cope with having to run about a bit for 270 minutes in a week?), and if they lose to Burnley (which I really hope happens), Mick McC is going to get crucified.

Also, McCarthy is a giant turd, which doesn't help.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but according to MilanLab, if the potential for injury in a single high intensity game is 10%, that 'running about a bit' twice three or four days later increases the potential by 30 or 40%.

McCarthy is a giant turd though

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poor Mick, nobody likes him. He's not as bad as some in the premiership eg Allardyce, Megson, Ferguson...three whinging high priests of Twatism.

I sympathize with McCarthy as he seems to be in the relegation hotseat every second year with teams of small resources. Maybe he's just a good championship manager though.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:party:

2-0 and i had a bet on at 5/1 as well :D :) :D :p :D

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pompey 2 - 0 liverpool
fulham 3 - 0 man u

awesome day.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm Fulham since I was eight and this is the best Fulham team ever so no disgrace for Man U to get beaten 3-0. It was 2-0 last season. Heres to 4-0 next season:icon_sant

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets be honest, it would have been embarrasing for Fulham to not win that game, when Man U had Carrick and Fletcher trying to defend

ciukster

ciukster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys - im new here...first off im a fan of the epl but dont have any strong ties to any clubs - strange right...

anyway it's good seeing a close title race this season and looking forward to a great 2nd half of the season...peace

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets be honest, it would have been embarrasing for Fulham to not win that game, when Man U had Carrick and Fletcher trying to defend

in hindsight yes but most pundits still thought the midfield/attack would be too strong for Fulham to cope hence utd were strong favourites.