Ongoing Soccer Thread

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You probably think that when a french player fall while playing football it's always because of the wind.
:congrats:
And my replay was very clear too, but we probably have no problems with replays there only troubles must come from the eyes that watch it. We french are well known as not being fair-play and being cheaters too. That's why you (UK people) all love to hate us. We're so similar to you. :D

I'm not from the UK.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- anelka dived. i don't see how anyone with eyes can dispute this.

- the thing about the henry handball is i don't really blame him for the first handball - it may not have been entirely premeditated and I don't think it's fair to expect someone to call their own infraction, so to speak, but the second handball, where he deliberately controlled it with his hand, was nothing short of blatant cheating, and that's what terry henry, along with a lot of the press, seem to be glossing over. i had to laugh at sky sports coverage after the match with ronnie whelan and alex mcleish weaseling around saying that they don't think it's fair to call him a cheat, LOL.

- part of me wants to say it's karma because i bet a lot of irish people were laughing heartily at maradona's goal in '86, but that would be mean. ;)

- it amuses me that people are saying this will taint henry's otherwise impeccable record and stuff. he's always been a cheating little turd.

- normally i'd say after being so lucky that france will probably go on and fluke a world cup win or something, but domenech is so incompetent i can't even bring myself to say that.

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're going to RSA WC.

:party:
No matter how or why, no matter the comments about french being cheaters. :D
In my view, France didn't deserve the qualification in those 2 games facing Eire, that's true, mostly due to Domenech choices and feel sorry for irish people. Referees are human being and that's not the first mistake they done.
And i guess everybody forgot about the penalty that should have been given to France when the irish goal catch Anelka's feet.
:eek:

BTW, i don't understand how the head of Zidane could be considered as cheating Aud???

I almost smell the old familliar "remugles" of xenophobia in some of your comments, CCers and i'm sad about it. :(
You don't like France and french people, OK. You don't like the result of the game, OK. But don't be "racist" please.

:ciao:

Wow, Really? I am clearly not a racist by the way. I am a Canadian living in the States. Plus I am a black man. I could be a racist but Choose not to be. My Comments where about the game. Le Sulk dived! I watch the whole game and Henry flopped around like someone shot him. Zindane, one of your nation's footballing heroes headbutts the Italian player in the WC Final. I am sorry that wasn't cheating, that was a cheap shot. I clearly got confused with that one.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hojediade, try reading a few pages back and other older football threads.
I gurrantee u that every time a team has blatently cheated like France yesterday it got the same comments and it had nothing to do with racisim.
I guess using the N´gog dive from a few weeks ago is a bad example seeing as he is black and French ut all the comments there seemed to revolve about him beeing Liverpool scum(even though every sain person knows that thouse 2 things are completly mutaly exclusive unless your name is El Hadji Diouf :D ).
Try searching for some posts from last season about Ronaldo,Drogba and Gerrard(Atletico game) dives, thouse post have nothing to do with racisim and every thing to do with the fact that they cheated.
Just like the posts to day and yesterday have nothing to do with racisim and every thing to do with the fact that France didnt deserve the win but cheated,repeatly, and got away with it.

Also Aud, i have to disagree with u on the Zidane insitant.
Zidane was never known to be a dirty player where as MM is known for that so benifite of the doubt for me atleast goes to Zidane, MM probably deserved what he got imo...

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I almost smell the old familliar "remugles" of xenophobia in some of your comments, CCers and i'm sad about it. :(
You don't like France and french people, OK. You don't like the result of the game, OK. But don't be "racist" please.

The racecard has been played people!:eek:
You can no longer discuss this match!!

I'm scrolling up to find the juicy racist comments but all am finding is "omg the french are cheats".

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played FIFA since like 06 I think and that one was terrible, I've been a PES man since pro 3, that game changed my life and I can no longer bring myself to purchase FIFA.

PES All the way. Got both but only because FIFA came out first !:santaclau

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize for my comments then, and also for French nation.
We would have love to win the game the right way, but unfortunately we hold it with a hand. Are we cheaters for this? Probably not.
Dorkus is right. Nobody should fear France as we still have Domenech as a trainer. This is the bad news for France as we would have prefer being eliminated from WC and fire him. :eek:

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be at Anfield 2morro.
I'm getting shitfaced at 10am placing £14 on Liverpool, having a nap in the afternoon then goin a party till 4am
Energy Drinks ftw!!

but ye:

11 to 1 for 2-0?
22 to 1 for 3-0?

Which should I go for?
I could bet on 3-1 2-1 etc but I don't wanna be at anfield needing mancity to score to fill me bet out.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet on liverpool losing if you like money obv

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like money. I've been betting on Liverpool every month or so for 3years and I'm yet to win a bet. :( (I'm not even exagerating)

:eek: Amazing .. That should tell you to go the other way for maybe one game just to make some money back....:rolleyes:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick tongue twister from this afternoons games >>>

Carlton Cole credited with the first Hull goal ;)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weee, another unspectacular but precious home win.

fulham were pretty dire although they were far better when duff came on.

lol at arsenal and liverpool. just need everton to beat man u now to complete the lol trifecta! :) (shame about chelsea though)

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some really big scorelines today. Liverpool are done. MAN City have the firepower Liverpool is lacking and the formation Benitez plays lacks goals.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually a good result for liverpool considering city are the better team

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some really big scorelines today. Liverpool are done. MAN City have the firepower Liverpool is lacking and the formation Benitez plays lacks goals.
Liverpool are third in the scoring chart and where top of it last season.
Yes we lack a litle some thing up front when Torres is out but thats like way done there on the list of problems.
Way more pressing then that is the fact that where conceding more goals then Portsmouth because of our seeming inability to defend set pices.
Also the fact that Liverpool seem to have established a pattern the follow every game is quiet disturbing, play well, score, fall back and soak up pressure, concede, concede, try to get back in the game...

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Benitez just isn't a 'world class' manager
:eek:
:confused:
That's a strange assertion as he already won C1, and if i remember well he has also win the title of best "Ligue One" manager few years ago.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Benitez just isn't a 'world class' manager

Really? Based on what exactly?
The fact he broke the 15 year domination of La Liga by Madrid/Barca, not just once but twice with a Valencia team who spent next to no money or the fact he won the UEFA cup with the same team. Maybe because he wins the CL and makes the final again 2 years later (Liverpool were unlucky in 2007 too) and last season ran Utd close in the league when not having the spending power of teams like Sunderland or Spurs, let alone Utd, Chelsea or City.
If he's not a top manager why have Madrid tried to steal him every year he's been at Liverpool?

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said he wasn't a good manager. Just not world-class.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I genuinely can't be bothered to expand at length on my opinions on Benitez. But seriously, just look at his decisions over the past 18 months. Forcing out one of the best holding midfielders in the world without a replacement was rather questionable I thought. Liverpool are meant to be challenging for all the trophies this season. They have one world class striker. Hmmmm... Nono last season they certainly didn't have the money. Apart from the £7m for Dossena. Oh and the £8m for Riera. And the £19m for Keane.

Using the Madrid thing as justification of him being a good manager is pretty lol looking at their rather reckless appointment and firing of managers in recent seasons

If, at this moment in time, Liverpool could afford to fire Benitez and bring in a new manager, would they do it? I'm pretty sure they would
What was he suposed to do? Force Alonso to play for Liverpool when he wanted to leave? And risk losing him for next to nothing next year?
Alonso wanted to leave and Real where willing to pay top $ for him.
Yes it was partly Benitez fault that Alonso was unsetled because of the whole Barry deal last year but Alonso had been shit the previouse season(remember Juventus where unwilling to pay even 12M for him) so naturaly he looks for a replacement/cover/competion for Alonso´s spot.
But then Alonso goes and has his best season ever but still wants to leave.

Yeah Liverpool really splashed the cash last season, ending the season with a net spend of 1M(or 17M depending if u count the sale of Keane as last season or this season).

Honestly u can critize Rafa for alot of things and alot of the problems with the club are his fault but the fact is he hasnt gotten much money to spend since 2007.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it was partly Benitez fault that Alonso was unsetled because of the whole Barry deal last year

Honestly u can critize Rafa for alot of things and alot of the problems with the club are his fault but the fact is he hasnt gotten much money to spend since 2007.

Partly is an understatement. The second bolded part is exactly what I'm getting at. And there's a reason I removed the stuff about last season's transfers ;)

I truly believe Liverpool won't win the title with him in charge