Ongoing Soccer Thread

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to see Arsenal win the league this season especially as they have been written off the last few seasons, eg Phil Thompson calling it the big three instead of the sky four.

I hope Liverpool win tonight aswell for obvious reasons.
Had: 5-0 @ 22/1
0-0 @ 12/1

Originally I was going to have 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 but at 7's and 11's I didnt think it was worth it.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since this is a ongoing soccer thread, anybody bought FIFA 10' yet?

My roommate just bought it and we been playing it NONSTOP, this game is soooo sick!!!!

I haven't played FIFA since like 06 I think and that one was terrible, I've been a PES man since pro 3, that game changed my life and I can no longer bring myself to purchase FIFA.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played FIFA since like 06 I think and that one was terrible, I've been a PES man since pro 3, that game changed my life and I can no longer bring myself to purchase FIFA.

I personally have never played PES, you really like it that much better than FIFA? If it is indeed that much better i may have to give it a go

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, Liverpool have to cheat to salvage a point at home to us, lmao.

N'gog has clearly been taking lessons from Stevie G on penalty box technique.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I just read the report, seems like Ngog has been taught how to be a proffesional!

Liverpool 27 attempts

Birmingham 5 attempts

Score 2 - 2

What's new for Liverpool this season!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read the report, seems like Ngog has been taught how to be a proffesional!

Liverpool 27 attempts

Birmingham 5 attempts

Score 2 - 2

add 72% possesion.

Its amazing how poor liverpools finishing has been latly.
Apart from Torres its seems like they all forgot how to score :(.

Glen Johnson was great and Ngog did well(despite the dive).

Well done blues on the results and congrats Dorkus.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, Fifa10 is amazing...and in all honesty, Fifa is ridiculously better than PES...has been for the last 3 years atleast..Get fifa10 anyday if your a fotty fan its awesome

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, Fifa10 is amazing...and in all honesty, Fifa is ridiculously better than PES...has been for the last 3 years atleast..Get fifa10 anyday if your a fotty fan its awesome

i was looking up reviews for PES and couldn find anything great about it, actually found more bad reviews than good.

lookin up random vids on youtube FIFA dominates, and the fact that i play FIFA religiously...ill continue to stick with it, glad to know im not the only one :D

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, sorry Chris! If he's going to dive, he should at least learn how to make it look vaguely like there was some contact - like Darren Bent did on Saturday - also a dive but at least he managed to fall over the keeper on his way down. On a scale of 1 to 10, Ngog's was a 1!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Attachments

• dive.jpg
    dive.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 18
Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Liverpool 27 attempts

Birmingham 5 attempts

Score 2 - 2

It's depressing. I bet £5 on Liverpool winning 3-2 at 44 to 1.
That 30minutes after the penalty were we surrounding the box with shot after shot was so exciting yet so disappointing when I failed to win the £240 odd quid I'd have received from a goal.

Brilliant match to watch.
Terrible result.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's depressing. I bet £5 on Liverpool winning 3-2 at 44 to 1.
That 30minutes after the penalty were we surrounding the box with shot after shot was so exciting yet so disappointing when I failed to win the £240 odd quid I'd have received from a goal.

Brilliant match to watch.
Terrible result.

First rule of sports betting - never bet on your own team. ;)

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree. Unless the line is 13 1/2 ( SF vs. Indy )

But Ngog is a cheat for that dive. I wish EPL and other leagues would use Instant Reply because I am still looking for that goal at Old Trafford a couple of seasons ago. Once again ,,, I really have a good chance for Champions league this year don't mess it up. COYS!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. Unless the line is 13 1/2 ( SF vs. Indy )

But Ngog is a cheat for that dive. I wish EPL and other leagues would use Instant Reply because I am still looking for that goal at Old Trafford a couple of seasons ago. Once again ,,, I really have a good chance for Champions league this year don't mess it up. COYS!

Do you mean this one >>>> :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Nobody dives like Steven ( i thought he was going to hit me so i blew his head off with a Magnum) Gerrard. The patented sideways leg kick-out sets him apart. Truly a master of conning referees. If only the cheating ballbag could play half as well for England as he does for the shyte but nooo he plays like he's trying not to do his dodgy groin. Lampard > Gerrard, i'd leave Steven G-String on the bench.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on you tractor boys!!

Today is the day, we are going not going to loose or draw, we are going to make the play offs!!

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Meh makes the game more fun.
That was one of the most exciting games I've ever had. Knowing I will be buying a new flat screen tv if Liverpool socres within the last half hour of the game made it pretty tense.

Although sadly in 5years I have never won a single bet I've made. Worth every penny though.

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THe MLS is terrible but I am watching the west finals and the power keeps going out. Never seen that in all my years of watching football matches.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish GL to my national team playing against Eire tonight. It's never easy to play irish in their own stadiums even though i feel like the most dangerous member of Eire is Trappatoni. He can't run fast, but always have a knife in his boots.
:fight:
A good result would be 1-3 for france so that we could clearly see the road of RSA world cup.
:party:

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish GL to my national team playing against Eire tonight. It's never easy to play irish in their own stadiums even though i feel like the most dangerous member of Eire is Trappatoni. He can't run fast, but always have a knife in his boots.
:fight:
A good result would be 1-3 for France so that we could clearly see the road of RSA world cup.
:party:

Yea we are really up against it tonight, having the game in Croker is a massive advantage for us though, it will be a shame once the GAA re-bans the soccer there. 0-0 would be a massive result for us tonight, try to sneak an away goal next week.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck to ireland today - Ireland has a decent record against France - 1-0 to Ireland!

I remember being at a WC qualifier between Ireland and France at Lansdowne Road in 1983 - back in the days of Frank Stapleton and Gerry Daly. Ireland won 3-2, but missed out on WC qualification by a whisker. Eoin Hand was the manager back then, before the glory days with Big Jack.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody dives like Steven ( i thought he was going to hit me so i blew his head off with a Magnum) Gerrard. The patented sideways leg kick-out sets him apart. Truly a master of conning referees. If only the cheating ballbag could play half as well for England as he does for the shyte but nooo he plays like he's trying not to do his dodgy groin. Lampard > Gerrard, i'd leave Steven G-String on the bench.

LMAO it might have more to do with being played on the left hand side of midfield when hes a central player who is right footed and only a fool would have Lampard in the team ahead of Gerrard, I don't recall Lampard having a good game for England in a long time. But I wish international managers thought like U and didnt even pick Torres, Gerrard, Johnson or any other Liverpool player for their squads as they get injured more often than not playing for their country anyway.