Ongoing Soccer Thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But for 2 last minute goals in the games vs Lyon, we would be level on points with them. But then again, "if my Aunt had balls....." etc.

Benitez DOES drive me crazy with some of his pet selections, and some weird substitutions - but he is definitely the man for the job. I have no doubt about that.

What we do need is to get rid of the two clowns who "own" the club and get new owners who are prepared to invest in players and the new stadium.

Realistically, we need 4-5 players to strengthen the team and the squad. Carra is having a poor season. Agger is injury-prone. We need a new defender - Richard Dunne might have worked better than the Greek guy?

CL is over, so we can now focus on the league. I have a feeling that the league isn't gone for sure yet, the way the league has been so far. We may have lost 5 games but have won the other 6. We could be sitting with a 4-6-1 record and have the same points with only 1 defeat....

If we can get Stevie back, settle Aquilani in and keep Torres fit (several ifs I know), then a good run is very possible. 7 or 8 wins in a row would put us right back in it. Long way to go yet.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sindri, what i stated was Rafa is doing a bad job as a manager, we all know that, and i also said the owners are doing a terrible job with the money. Liverpool need to go into more debt to get out of it. They need to spend, buy big players. David Villa showed interest in Liverpool, David Silva showed interest. IMO liverpool need one more solid player in defence one in midfield and one up front. They are so much in debt now buying 3 decent players wont make a difference, and with that extra strength, liverpool could be looking at winning tournaments and the league and earning some money to get the club out of debt, at the moment the debt is stationary, and they arnt getting out of it due to the fact that they arnt winning...which leads back to the team. This of course has to lie on the owners head, not the manager. But it goes without saying that Rafa non the less is still doing a terrible job.

Having this discussion is worthless anyway, unless Hicks or Rafa decide to pop on to cardschat for some banter

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rubin held barca :) so im happy as long as they qualify :D

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any thoughts on B. - Munich ?

I could start a serious rant now but I'm not in the mood.....:rolleyes:

I'll do that after the Schalke 04 game on saturday - bet I'll have even more to rant about then.

C

chrisg750

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I have to say haha to all of you Liverpool fans LOL.... I'm sorry you guys are done in Champions League which is all you guys seem to be good at. Kiss the EPL title goodbye also... AGAIN

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since when is Liverpool out of the CL? All we have to do is win Debrechen and then Fiorentina be 2+ goals and count on Fiorentina not winning against Lyon :D

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sindri, we are basically out, can go through though need to get very lucky...

I might add, ive been proved completely right..bable should start voronin/ngog should not

Babel...Kudos to you that was one hell of a goal sir

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No discussion on the Arsenal demolition?

A

AlexisO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate mls, they play very tight, soccer its about risking, take chances and making goals, im from mexico an di love soccer..

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another great performance by Arsenal today. Wolves tried and made chances but were outclassed. Surprised to see Man City drop points....

Good win for Villa - Carew played well. Watched Sunderland at Spurs - Sunderland played great and lost, somehow. They had lots of chances and missed them all, including a penalty at 1-0.

Big one tomorrow - Chelsea v ManU. Hope Chelsea win personally, but I'd take a draw.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ian wins :D

Unfortunately back in the real world I'm hoping for a draw.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or has Sir Alex talked shit about the refs after every game this season and some how gets away with it?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea with a HUGEEE win today!!! hell yea

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or has Sir Alex talked shit about the refs after every game this season and some how gets away with it?

same ref that gave man u 10 hours of injury time vs man city. what goes around, comes around. :cool:

liverpool-blues tomorrow, hooray at the prospect of watching our inevitable capitulation to an actually pretty poor liverpool side!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same ref that gave man u 10 hours of injury time vs man city. what goes around, comes around. :cool:

liverpool-blues tomorrow, hooray at the prospect of watching our inevitable capitulation to an actually pretty poor liverpool side!

Does that mean we can have the 3 points now?

Please???? ;)

Thought ManU were actually the better team today, hard as that is to say! Chelsea were lucky to win. Probably Drogba's least effective performance all season. Didn't threaten much all game, and the goal was a bit dodgy - but yes, what goes around comes around. They can't complain after all the breaks they have had so far.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I never saw the post match interviews, I take it that Alex Ferguson ranted as usual when the result didn't go his way!

Once per season Sir Alex has some justification for his ranting and this was the one. Poor Alex, we all feel sorry for him!

Once per season Drogba has some justification for rolling about on the grass in agony and this was the one. I had to laugh when he got yellow carded for chesting Evans in the boot in such a dangerous manner!

IMO. By the end of the season, total League titles won will still be a tie between Liverpool and Man. U.

Arsenal are playing some great football again this year, they often start well, then fade as the season progresses.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since this is a ongoing soccer thread, anybody bought FIFA 10' yet?

My roommate just bought it and we been playing it NONSTOP, this game is soooo sick!!!!