lol at Fosters clearences.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoyable game last night, but france are not the sum of their parts. Reminds me why I hate soccer so much, until the French team realised that the ref was having none of it, any contact at all looked like there was a sniper in the crowd shooting at them. Poor poor form. Result was deserved though.

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played FIFA since like 06 I think and that one was terrible, I've been a PES man since pro 3, that game changed my life and I can no longer bring myself to purchase FIFA.

You need to give the francise a second look as Fifa 09 and 10 are great games.

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beardyian.. I haven't found a copy of that in the States?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its only been out for 2-3 weeks so maybe it hasnt been releashed in the states yet?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been on my Xmas list for a few months now - figured it was better to wait for 2010 rather than buy 2009 that late.

I just wanted to make sure it was US-compatible, and it appears to be.

It is also possible to download a PC version via Steam, apparently.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That was Championship Manager - the original name of FM2010 but the original game is Football Manager.

Looks good, will have to investigate closer tomorrow lol :D

*edit - oh dear, they have Blackburn v Pompey highlights :( :p
yeah i havent looked at footballtube much, but i use pokertube a lot which is very good.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been on my Xmas list for a few months now - figured it was better to wait for 2010 rather than buy 2009 that late.

I just wanted to make sure it was US-compatible, and it appears to be.

It is also possible to download a PC version via Steam, apparently.
wow, how old is your PC!!!!!!!!!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That French offside double handball goal will be all over the papers tomorrow.

BS

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The French cheating scum are going to RSA!
So typical if the go on to win the WC...

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... The French are Cheats! What's new .. Don't act brand new soccer thread. Zindane with the head but and now Henry with the la main de Dieu!

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck ireland.

Great commitment form the whole Irish team, they can be proud of themselves and their supporters.

French No6 Diarra, should have been booked, he must have fouled 20 times!

The French goal was a terrible injustice for all the World to see. Bring on the third and fourth linesmen who can keep an eye on the 'blind' side!

The passionate, cheerful, well behaved and colourful Irish fans will be sorely missed at the World Cup finals.

I hope Ireland get a decent draw for the next Euro Qualifiers.

Hold your heads up Ireland, you played so well!

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very unlucky for Ireland.

Tbh I wrote them off as soon as the draw was made but they have done themselves proud. France look a poor side at the moment, how Domenech is still coach I don't know, its like if England kept McClaren on. FIFA get there way in the end. Russia also fail to qualify from a favourable draw aswell.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're going to RSA WC.

:party:
No matter how or why, no matter the comments about french being cheaters. :D
In my view, France didn't deserve the qualification in those 2 games facing Eire, that's true, mostly due to Domenech choices and feel sorry for irish people. Referees are human being and that's not the first mistake they done.
And i guess everybody forgot about the penalty that should have been given to France when the irish goal catch Anelka's feet.
:eek:

BTW, i don't understand how the head of Zidane could be considered as cheating Aud???

I almost smell the old familliar "remugles" of xenophobia in some of your comments, CCers and i'm sad about it. :(
You don't like France and french people, OK. You don't like the result of the game, OK. But don't be "racist" please.

:ciao:

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That French offside double handball goal will be all over the papers tomorrow.

true.

FWIW, i'm not French but I do live in Paris. Most of the French people i've talked to find the way they qualified a disgrace.

there's a poll on the website of Le Monde - one of the leading French newspapers - where 88% say that Ireland deserved to win and the referee gave France the match.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anelka dived, that was very clear from the replay, and should have been carded for it.

The fact that Robbie Keane used his hands multiple times, the fact that any sort of brush past a player led to a play act worthy of any actor and the fact that so many children look up to these "sportsmen", imo is nothing short of a disgrace. Soccer as a game for me at least is tainted.

Looking forward to the next generation of soccer players who think that its "OK to cheat", because their hero's do it. Ref's cannot wear a mic because of the abuse they get from players. FFS, soccer for me needs something done and fast..

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all they should do with the ref situation, is hand out yellow cards to anyone who answers back to the refs who isnt a captain. In rugby you get marched ten yards for complaining, you get penalty flags in american football, you get misconducts in hockey, hell you even get points deducted in tennis for it. Why they cant just do something that simple is beyond me.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anelka dived, that was very clear from the replay, and should have been carded for it.

You probably think that when a french player fall while playing football it's always because of the wind.
:congrats:
And my replay was very clear too, but we probably have no problems with replays there only troubles must come from the eyes that watch it. We french are well known as not being fair-play and being cheaters too. That's why you (UK people) all love to hate us. We're so similar to you. :D