Ongoing Soccer Thread

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HT Liverpool 1 Lyon 0. Great dummy in the box from new boy Kelly!

Nice one Yossi.

Keep it going Liverpool, my wife is a fan and I might get my end away tonight!

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF! yossi off for Vorenin, why not Babble for Ngog?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear your night will be spend alone Jack :(.

Rafa is done with this club imo.
First 4game losing streak in 22years, sitting 8th in the table with more loses then entier last season and now we have win the rest of our game in the CL and count on favorable results in other games.

Torres,Gerrard and Johnson all injured and if there not back by sunday im afraid Man Utd will demolish the game.

Putting Carra at right back and Voroninn in for Yossi where we lost the game imo.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the sympathy Sindri.

You have my sympathies also.

Everything is looking very bleak for you guys just lately, some sort of rebuild/restructuring is definately needed.

Raffa was a breath of fresh air at the beginning, he gave the kopites hope for the first time in years. The La Bamba song was sung with pride, and there was an air of expectation.

Sad to say, but maybe as you said in an earlier post Raffa's future is in doubt!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also sorry for your loss Jack! :eek:

4 successive defeats.....and we only played one tough game (at Chelsea).

Confidence shot. Best players injured. 8th in the league. Almost out of the CL. Lousy owners who are screwing up the club. :mad:

Get your money on Liverpool to beat ManU 2-0 on Sunday. odds should be about 11-1. Maybe better. ;)

Oh - and maybe a side bet on us winning the Prem this year - don't know what the odds are now but they'll go down after Sunday.....

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ridiculous. Fortunately (I hope) there is still enough "fan-power" to kill something like this.

I hope we never get to the stage of American sports where teams are re-located to different cities depending on the owner.....but if they decide to move ManU to Madagascar I will have to stand by and watch it happen.....

LMAO.

Gesshoo, clearly a club like Man Utd should just move where the can have the biggest stadium and a completly untapped fan base.
Dont you agree?

So i suggest Man Utd relocate to Pyongyang, North-Korea and move into the 150K capacity Rungrado May stadium.
"Home of Man Utd and mass exacutions" could be there slogan :p.

LMFAO, even funnier.

Also did u catch the fact that Mike Jones isnt reffing any PRM game next weekend. Suposedly his punishment for allowing the beachball goal..

Apparently the Man U fans have purchased all the remaining beach balls ready for Sundays game.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RUUUUUUUBIN!!!!!!!!!!
owns wahahaha
hope we make top 2!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How mad is this >>>

'Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson says he sacked Gareth Southgate because he feared the club would fail to win promotion back to the Premier League this season. :confused: :eek:

Southgate was fired following a string of bad results - and despite last night's victory over Derby which took Boro to one point off the top of the Championship.'

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading the paper today was hilarious - the headline was something like "Southgate's job saved by win", rofls.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Liverpool certain of a win - 19th December 2009 playing Portsmouth away :p

edit - AC Milan keeper :congrats: for Real Madrids first goal :)

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear your night will be spend alone Jack :(.

Rafa is done with this club imo.
First 4game losing streak in 22years, sitting 8th in the table with more loses then entier last season and now we have win the rest of our game in the CL and count on favorable results in other games.

Torres,Gerrard and Johnson all injured and if there not back by sunday im afraid Man Utd will demolish the game.

Putting Carra at right back and Voroninn in for Yossi where we lost the game imo.

Truth is Rafa wont be sacked and he wont quit. The owners wont invest in the team and for some reason Rafa seems to be willing to accept that situation right now. What other top manager will come in when he wont be given any money to build a team?
Rafa won't quit because his reputation is on the line, he needs to win something again to get it back and so he will stay and try and win a cup this year. Thats my opinion anyway.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, so i'm betting on soccer games, i need to know witch teams are best to bet on. I have bet on the under dog team, won once.
I need info, for tomorrows games...

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How mad is this >>>

'Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson says he sacked Gareth Southgate because he feared the club would fail to win promotion back to the Premier League this season. :confused: :eek:

Southgate was fired following a string of bad results - and despite last night's victory over Derby which took Boro to one point off the top of the Championship.'

If that's what happens to managers after they have a victory, then Roy Keane should be safe for years to come!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wild! So he doesn't get sacked for putting them in the relegation zone and keeping them there, but he does get sacked for getting them into one of the two automatic promotion places.......now that Gibson guy would be a hard person to work for!

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbf I dunno why Southgate wasn't sacked before, since he took over all they have done is declined and perhaps because of Southgates youth policy or the chairman have sold many of there better players in recent seasons such as Young (although this may have been one of his signings), Yakubu, Woodgate and Schwarzer and has replaced them with the likes of Afonso Alves and Aliadeiere(sp.). To sack him now is strange if anything I would of expected him to be sacked at the end of last season so a new man can bring in a few of his own signings or during last season when they were struggling for points and in particularly goals. Oh well Southgate does seem like a nice enough bloke although he does get a lot of stick at the villa.

Well done to Rubin Kazan this week great result at the Camp Nou, anyone see there first goal? Absolute rocket. I'm glad Milan won aswell in a game with some dodgy keeping and decisions. Casillas best keeper in the world? Don't make me laugh, Buffon is a class above and always has been. My adopted team Juventus pick up 3 points aswell albeit in a battling 1-0 victory at home to Maccabi Haifa, Bayern lose at Bordeaux who have impressed me the last few times ive seen them, they missed two penailties aswell.. bad night for Bayern.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bayern lose at Bordeaux who have impressed me the last few times ive seen them, they missed two penailties aswell.. bad night for Bayern.

Sure Bordeaux was impressive but Bayern is struggling alot these days.

Van Gaal is under fire in the media and will have to present some results in the near future.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck for Fulham last night especially after Schwarzer's good penalty save. I think he would have saved the scoring shot as well, but the Fulham defender stood in the way and got an unlucky headed deflection into the top corner, (4 seconds of added time remaining)! No they wern't playing Man U, they were playing Roma.

Celtic need a striker. For all their industry and half chances against FC Hamburg, they just couldn't score.
Strange happenings at the end of the game, Hamburg players and manager were celebrating in front of their own fans after the match, and were ordered to leave the pitch by stewards and police!

Benfica 5 Everton 0. I would not have liked to be an Everton player on the flight back to Merseyside with David Moyes as company!

Aquilani played for 17mins in Liverpool reserves, it's a start, maybe he will be fit for the Lyon game!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well colour me surprised - we drop useless pile o' crap O'Connor, play 4-4-2, and lo and behold our best performance of the season by a mile. Jerome played really well, bizarrely. :eek:

Joe Hart's vampiric tendencies (re: crosses) continue to terrify me, though. Anyone still seriously considering him as an England WC prospect has either not seen him play enough or is insane.

Spurs apparently absolutely hammering Stoke for 89 minutes then losing was definitely the hilarious/awesome highlight of the day. That and I think Lampard is captain of my fantasy footy team, so yay for that.

Liverpool-ManYoo tomorrow!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what the funniest part of the beach ball kids interview was?
The fact that he was 16, from the videos it looked like he was 8-9 or something :S.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife has a carton of wine, i have a 6 pack of beer. Liverpool scarf draped over the telly, lights on, curtains draw, we are ready for the big one. No Gerrard, but Torres is fit. Liverpool must win, can they do it!

I just wish my wife wouldn't surround herself with LFC pillow covers with pictures of Jamie Redknapp, Barry Venison and Jan Molby. At least we don't have a beach ball in the house!

Come on you mighty reds.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Confidence shot. Best players injured. 8th in the league. Almost out of the CL. Lousy owners who are screwing up the club. :mad:

Get your money on Liverpool to beat ManU 2-0 on Sunday. Odds should be about 11-1. Maybe better. ;)

Oh - and maybe a side bet on us winning the Prem this year - don't know what the odds are now but they'll go down after Sunday.....

Shows you what a stupid, crazy game this is! Hope someone put some money down - I stopped betting on Liverpool years ago - no bet = no jinx! Sounds like we deserved to win.....have it taped at home so can see for myself when we get back on Wednesday. Yeehaa!!!!!!!!

My wife has a carton of wine, i have a 6 pack of beer. Liverpool scarf draped over the telly, lights on, curtains draw, we are ready for the big one. No Gerrard, but Torres is fit. Liverpool must win, can they do it!

I just wish my wife wouldn't surround herself with LFC pillow covers with pictures of Jamie Redknapp, Barry Venison and Jan Molby. At least we don't have a beach ball in the house!

Come on you mighty reds.

Tell her it all worked! You might be in with a chance tonight......:p

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man of the match no doubt is Lucas!

Dont want to spoil the game for you Gesshoo but Liverpools midfield(shockingly) had Man Utd on the heals the entier game.
Lucas was superb, if never seen him like this. Won the ball in key areas,stoped countless attacks and had a well deserved assist, only a goal could have maked it a better performance.

Have to admit i had mixed feeling when i heard the crowd when Owen came on, for one he is a traitoring money loving **** but on the other hand he was my idol not long ago.
But you know how it goes, traitors are allways exacuted ;).

Nice goal by Ngog aswell, showed good composure :).

Also kinda funny my brother who is also a liverpool fan was sitting in airport in Copen waiting for his fligh so he was calling me up every 5mins for updates on the game and then finaly just told me to put the phone near the tele for the last few min...

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gesshoo
Tell her it all worked! You might be in with a chance tonight......:p

LOL... We have just been celebrating the game in the nicest possible way! The pillows were banned!

Great result for you guys, I thought collectively the whole team played well. The only worry was Insua, he couldn't match Valencia for pace, Benitez got the tactics right and Aurerelio was allways there to double up.

Man Us best player was Van Der Sar, World class save from Aurelio's free kick, and a nice dive outside the area to get Mascherano sent off!

My wife goes nuts when Andy Gray is commentating on Liverpool matches, she believes he has a bias against Liverpool no matter which English club they play against! Sometimes I think she has a point. I don't know for sure, but maybe in Gray's hayday, he wanted to play for Liverpool, but because they never signed him alongside his fellow scots Hansen, Dalgliesh, Gillespie and Souness he holds a grudge?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife goes nuts when Andy Gray is commentating on Liverpool matches

I always use the red button whenever possible on Sky and just have the crowd noise, i dont need to hear non-stop fact about how many corners were taken in a match in 1974 etc :rolleyes:.

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always use the red button whenever possible on Sky and just have the crowd noise, i dont need to hear non-stop fact about how many corners were taken in a match in 1974 etc :rolleyes:.

LOL never knew. This is jackspratts wife. I had no idea about the red button thank god for that I wont have to listen to Andy Gray ever again. Even Hi ho Pompy would sound much better!