Ongoing Soccer Thread

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at chelsea - 4 great penalties in a competition nobody cares about but whenever there is a shootout in a big game they invariably bottle it.

also yeah evra's pen was hilarious - i'm not sure it would have even reached the goal line if cech had left it. :eek:
yeah i heard on tv that chelsea hadnt won a shoot out since 99:eek: :D (and then it was in the worthless cup, so another competition no one cares about :D)

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Come on you blues!

P.S. Yes we used up our one penalty win allocation on something rather meaningless :(

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is very sad. When you think of the medical care and tests that these players must get nowadays - how does something like this just happen?

It is sad and the medical care/observation these footballers are under is immense compared to 20 years ago but the heart is a very intricate organ and can go very suddenly and without warning. The good thing is that we are shocked by this and that shows how rarely it happens in professional sportsmen/women.

As for preseason I usually take all these games with a pinch of salt as U rarely see a 1st team play most of the match and it is for match fitness more than anything else. Don't worry Geesho we will be fine by next Sunday :)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK - anyone else fancy trying to predict the finishing order this season? One point per correct team placement - bit of fun!

1. Chelsea
2. ManU
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Man City
7. Everton
8. A Villa
9. Fulham
10. West Ham :)) Debi)
11. Wigan
12. Sunderland
13. Bolton
14. Blackburn
15. Portsmouth :)p Ian)
16. Stoke
17. Wolves
18. Hull City
19. Burnley
20. Birmingham :)( sorry , Chris)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we'll go down but i don't think we'll finish bottom, as horrible as our preseason has been.

to stay up we'd need to do something like 'boro last season - be utterly awful but somehow have three teams that were bizarrely even more utterly awful than them.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we'll go down but i don't think we'll finish bottom, as horrible as our preseason has been.

to stay up we'd need to do something like 'boro last season - be utterly awful but somehow have three teams that were bizarrely even more utterly awful than them.

Yeah, but who knows, right? Remember Forest and Leeds to name but 2 that were "too good to go down".

Hull are in the frame because of how they collapsed last year after a great start. Burnley, Wolves and your Blues because it is hard to stay up. Middlesboro, Pompey, Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke and maybe Wigan because they lack the resources of the top 6-8 teams and none of them have spent much if any to strengthen their squads.

But really it can be anyone of 12 or 13 teams and realistically any 3 of 9.

I hope you stay up - at least I didn't jinx you by predicting you would, unlike the curse I just put on Pompey for poor Ian.....;)

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Boro will have a good season, just not in the PRM.
Boro got relagated last season ;)

Liverpool(always optamistic :D, allways disapointed come May :( )
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Arsenal
Villa
Everton
Spurs
Fulham
West Ham
Wigan
Sunderland
Bolton
Blackburn
Portsmouth
Hull
Burnley
Stoke
Birmingham
Wolves

But yeah i think it impossible to pretict.
Man Utd,Chelsea and LFC will probably fight for the title(liverpool beeing the biggest maybe), then Arsenal,City,Spurs and Everton will fight for fourth, Fulham,West ham,Sunderland a wigan will be in limbo and the rest could all go down, imo.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Boro will have a good season, just not in the PRM.
Boro got relagated last season ;)

LOL! :D

I've had a bad day today - now fixed, with Boro replaced by Stoke! Thx for the spot - hopefully my head will work better tomorrow! :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Liverpool
2. ManU
3. Chelsea
4. Man City
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Fulham
11. Wigan
12. Hull City
13. Bolton
14. Blackburn
15. Portsmouth
16. Birmingham
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke
19. Burnley

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh wow yeah they did lole

replace boro with hull in my post then i guess :eek:

i also spent 3 hours yesterday trying to think about who went up in the championship playoffs, so i guess the offseason has strange effects on our brains.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
arsenal to finish out of the top 4 1x please. Chelsea, liverpool or someone cool like hull to win the title, or basically anyone not man u or arsenal

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i follow very little of the behind the curtain stuff of football, so i have no idea who phil brown even is, but i do know they raped the premiership at the start of the season, then lost like 84 games in a row yet still stayed up

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll take a shot.
:):):):)
1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3.Liverpool
4. Everton
5. Arsenal
6. Ashton Villa
7. Fulham
8. Man City
9. Spurs
10.Portsmouth
11.Bolton
12.West Ham
13.Sunderland
14.Wigan
15.Stoke
16.Blackburn
17.Hull City
18.Wolves
19.Birmingham
20.Burnley.

L

Lv2BaGmePlyr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah soccer is 1 of the most dangerous sports remember hearing about someone who played somewhere out there and he messed up somehow and when he got back to his country they killed someone

did anyone from canada go see renaldo in toronto i wanted to go for the practice it was only $15 a head then the next day they played toronto in a just for fun game i didnt even really check the score

my father is from portugal he watches the games from there every day like lisbon games etc. its sucks that we cant watch them on normal channels we miss so much you have to order those international channels to see the good games

Last edited by a moderator:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Real Madrid beat Toronto 5-1

Lets try this out :)

1. Chelsea
2. ManU

3. Liverpool

4. Man City

5. Arsenal

6. Everton

7. Spurs

8. A Villa

9. Fulham

10. West Ham

11. Sunderland

12. Bolton

13. Blackburn

14. Wigan

15. Stoke

16. Portsmouth (really hoping here too lol :D)
17. Wolves
18. Hull City

19. Birmingham
20. Burnley

Liverpool may not be so high again this year :(, everyone has sold, but has anyone really bought a player to win a title?

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1. Chelsea
Liverpool
3. Man U
4. Man City

Fulham
6. Everton
7. Tot

West Ham

9. Arsenal
A Villa
11. Sunderland
12. Bolton

Stoke
14. Wigan

15. Blackburn

16. Hull City
17. Portsmouth
18. Wolves
19. Birmingham
20. Burnley

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Arsenal will never finish as low as ninth, infact they doubt they'll finish lower than 4th even though it has become popular to do so. They have a great squad particualry in attacking posistions. Do you really believe Tottenham and West Ham are better than Arsenal?

Villa will finish higher than Tottenham Hypedspurs aswell, a lot of people are writing us off but were stronger without Barry, it was clear last season when we reverted to 442 that Barry and Petrov couldnt work in the centre as Barry lacked the engine and creativity. I do concede that we need more signings especially at the back were we are really short atm.

I think Birmingham will stay up personally but by default as there are worse teams in this division. I think Portsmouth, Hull and Burnley will go down not sure about the order however.

Everton will be either 5/6 hopefully with us taking the other spot. I don't know were Man City will finish but no offence to there fans but I would like to see them fail. Fulham will finish around 9-12th I feel as they have done nothing much in improving their squad yet but are still a competitive outfit.

The league as a whole is looking weaker this season, appart from Man City it has been a slow transfer window.

S

stealthy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's my effort :-

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man City
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Aston Villa
9. Fulham
10. West Ham
11. Sunderland
12. Blackburn
13. Bolton
14. Stoke
15. Wolves
16. Portsmouth
17. Wigan
18. Burnley
19. Birmingham
20. Hull

And Dakota, you're missing a team!

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's my go

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Man City
5. Villa
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Tottenham
9. Wolves
10. West Ham
11. Bolton
12. Wigan
13. Sunderland
14. Fulham
15. Stoke
16. Birmingham
17. Blackburn
18. Burnley
19. Hull
20. Portsmouth

Wolves set for a really good season, the title is hard to call, depends how Ancelotti settles in at Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd both start the season weaker than last. Pompey and Hull definitely going down, with one of the next bottom 4 I've picked to join them! :D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pompey and Hull definitely going down, with one of the next bottom 4 I've picked to join them! :D

Is there a ban-hammer nearby i could borrow? lol :p :D

If (and its a big if) we (Pompey) can find 11 players each week we might have a chance to stay up - even 1% is a chance right? :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a ban-hammer nearby i could borrow? lol :p :D

If (and its a big if) we (Pompey) can find 11 players each week we might have a chance to stay up - even 1% is a chance right? :D
Sigh, i hate when u write a really long post and then it gets deleted by mistake :(.
Cliff notes.
Pompey suck under pressure.
Last season they where under pressure cause of the year before, FA win and decent league postion.
Because of that they sucked last season.
This season there is no pressure.
They might surprise us because of it.
The players that will play for them next season are players that love the club and will fight to the last drop for it and eachother since all the other players have jumped ship.
If they stay injury free i think they will stay up and might even be a safe mid table team.
If they get some injury´s they will get sucked into the fuzzy cola league....
JMO

Now Ian haves to chip dump to me in the next CC tourney:cool: :rolleyes: :p ....

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last bump for the CC Fantasy Football (Soccer) League - it is a sticky thread here in the Player's Lounge. Just for anyone who may have missed it so far.....