rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What happened to Laursen of A.Villa? I don't see him listed as a player for them.

Man City need just 1 more striker me thinks. :p

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laursen retired due to injury. It's a real shame for him and for Villa - solid defender and a great FF player - be brave and pick someone from Wolves or Burnley instead!

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol an on going soccer thread. i love it. well, not realy. i do cheer for the USA when they are playing but to sit there and watch people running back and fourth kicking a ball is boring to me. tennis has more action. heck bowling has more action. the one good thing about soccer is that they stay in great shape.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Laursen retired due to injury. It's a real shame for him and for Villa - solid defender and a great FF player - be brave and pick someone from Wolves or Burnley instead!

Thanks Joe, shame for sure. :(
No thanks on the brave pick. I'll stick w/ players from teams i have heard of before. weak sauce i know. lol

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol an on going soccer thread. i love it. well, not realy. i do cheer for the USA when they are playing but to sit there and watch people running back and fourth kicking a ball is boring to me. tennis has more action. heck bowling has more action. the one good thing about soccer is that they stay in great shape.

Oh no. tennis as someone once said "you cannot be serious". I used to watch the NFL but after a few years ot watching the Redskins & Broncos I found I was falling asleep. I watch baseball when I'm in the States but again pretty slow moving. But I'm glad you've at least looked at the beautiful game. It's an acquired taste - full of skill and passion. Keep going and you'll get there.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would u go into the ongoing soccer thread to say u dont like soccer?
Not trying to be argumentive(or a dick :D) but it just seems strange :rolleyes:

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The fact that this thread has been running as long as it has without your input should tell you why it is here.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Nice troll sir. Now get back under your bridge and watch your minority sports on Troll TV.

On a football note.... Steven Gerrard is acquitted of affray despite having his attack on some idiot over control of the music caught on cctv and the unopposed testimony of the barstaff going against his version of events. All his mates are guilty but he's innocent. Anything to do with his mates only playing for Accrington Stanley or local pub teams? No no no, i'm sure today is one of the finest days in British judicial history. We should all be proud that every man gets a fair trial regardless of wealth, fame or connections.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice troll sir. Now get back under your bridge and watch your minority sports on Troll TV.

On a football note.... Steven Gerrard is acquitted of affray despite having his attack on some idiot over control of the music caught on cctv and the unopposed testimony of the barstaff going against his version of events. All his mates are guilty but he's innocent. Anything to do with his mates only playing for Accrington Stanley or local pub teams? No no no, i'm sure today is one of the finest days in British judicial history. We should all be proud that every man gets a fair trial regardless of wealth, fame or connections.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What i didn't understand was why if after having and reviewing the cctv (which i will forever claim is crap for so many reasons) they still had to have a court case to say yes or no over guilt.

Either you can see what happened or you cant - if you can, why waste time & money and witnesses? :confused: :rolleyes:

Not a good few days for Accrington Stanley as they had a few players banned from playing due to their betting involvements in matches ;)

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I was surprised at the verdict, I expected him to be found guilty but have a suspended sentance and lots of community service with young footballers in Liverpool, as it is hes got an even better result. Must be nice to be wealthy lol

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a way, way lower scale, this is on the lines of OJ in terms of a jury verdict - I am red through and through and have been since I could talk, but Stevie was guilty as hell! Even he admitted grabbing the guy and throwing at least 3 punches - and admitted he was mistaken in his read of the guys intentions!

I imagine the jury selection process was interesting - "Who do you support, Liverpool or Everton?" :D

I wonder how many prospective jurors who were LFC fans answered "Football? What's that?" :p

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a way, way lower scale, this is on the lines of OJ in terms of a jury verdict - I am red through and through and have been since I could talk, but Stevie was guilty as hell! Even he admitted grabbing the guy and throwing at least 3 punches - and admitted he was mistaken in his read of the guys intentions!

I imagine the jury selection process was interesting - "Who do you support, Liverpool or Everton?" :D

I wonder how many prospective jurors who were LFC fans answered "Football? What's that?" :p

LOL yeah I wondered about that myself :)

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its funny dat stevie g duzent get the normal bad press labeling him a thug and the likes? ne views on y dat is

you CHEER for the usa, em dont really no wat to say t dat cept u dont obv belong at this thread, CHEER onestly i cant stop laughing, go usa

Btw odd spelling here I guess.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it isn't the start of the season yet, but I have seen all or part of each of Chelsea's 3 pre-season games here in the US (3 wins from 3 so far).

In the first 2, they looked very strong - both 2-0 victories.

In last night's game v AC Milan they looked under pressure for the first time. Milan really deserved a draw, but Chelsea won 2-1 with a late winner.

Overall, though, they have looked very good.

Liverpool, meanwhile, are win-less and have only scored 1 goal.

ManU have won 2 of 3 (or is 3/3?), but have conceded goals.

Man City lost 2 and drew 1 in South Africa.

BTW - great crowds to watch this tournament in the US - 80,000/70,000/50,000 etc. and these are really just friendlies.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it isn't the start of the season yet, but I have seen all or part of each of Chelsea's 3 pre-season games here in the US (3 wins from 3 so far).

In the first 2, they looked very strong - both 2-0 victories.

In last night's game v AC Milan they looked under pressure for the first time. Milan really deserved a draw, but Chelsea won 2-1 with a late winner.

Overall, though, they have looked very good.

Liverpool, meanwhile, are win-less and have only scored 1 goal.

ManU have won 2 of 3 (or is 3/3?), but have conceded goals.

Man City lost 2 and drew 1 in South Africa.

BTW - great crowds to watch this tournament in the US - 80,000/70,000/50,000 etc. and these are really just friendlies.

Well for the first two game LFC where missing 7 big players do to CONFED, Alonso,Reina,Torres,Rierra,Mach and Arbeloa where all on vacation and Aurrelio is still injured.
Pretty understandable that a team doesnt play to good with 7 of last years main starters out...

Where as both Man UTd and Chelsea had signifcantly fewer players missing

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ZOMG ZOMG i'm going to see ac milan vs inter milan tomorrow live WOOOOOO

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poor choice for Man City fans on th above link.
Had to plump for fans fave Shaun Wright Philips. The prodigal son who came back in our hour of need and helped us fight relegation when we were on the slide.
Soon to be found on the sub's bench with the rest of City's REAL players.... you know the ones on less than £400,000 a week, who respect the club they play for and enjoy the game.
Fkin billionaire arabs and Ruskies ruining our national sport.....:)

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool found their scoring boots at last putting 5 past Singapore. Nemeth getting a brace and a goal apiece from Riera, Torres and Voronin.
Man Utd managed 8 goals against Hangzhou while shipping another 2 goals. That old fart Giggs scored a ha-trick while Owen helped himself to a pair. Other scorers were Berbatov, Tosic and Nani.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Liverpool found their scoring boots at last putting 5 past Singapore. Nemeth getting a brace and a goal apiece from Riera, Torres and Voronin.
Man Utd managed 8 goals against Hangzhou while shipping another 2 goals. That old fart Giggs scored a ha-trick while Owen helped himself to a pair. Other scorers were Berbatov, Tosic and Nani.

And dont forget Pompey scored 6 against,.......erm........Eastleigh :rolleyes: :eek: :D