Ongoing Soccer Thread

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Man United haven't got him on a pay-as-you-play deal then, BAAAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
loool at Sindri! I imagine he will act as cover incase Berbatov, Rooney etc. get injured, although that's an ironic statement in itself, sheez, even Allardyce won't take him on, and he has a reputation for reviving careers of washed up players!!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Atleast a bit of good news.

C/P
"Kenny Dalglish is to return to Liverpool FC, it was confirmed this afternoon. Dalglish will assume a senior role at the Liverpool Academy and will also act as a Club ambassador working with the commercial side of the business around the world.

Managing Director Christian Purslow commented: "In our very first meeting Rafa and I agreed that we wanted to try and bring Kenny back to the club to help Rafa really drive forward our Academy which is at the heart of our plans for the future. We are delighted he has agreed to join us and I am sure he will be very successful in his new role back at the club."

So one legend returns while another is leaving for Man Utd, its a strange world.
Maybe LFC should make a bid for Nistelroy? Basicly has had the same carier ar Owen, Man Utd top striker then floped at Real...

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not bothered about Owen going to Utd, lets be honest they've lost Tevez and Ronaldo and replaced them with Valencia and Owen, who whilst are both decent players (if Owen is fit) they arent world class and won't score the goals the previous 2 have.

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Official, 2 year deal signed, surprised he's not been signed for 1 year to be honest, I guess he must be on a more basic wage with playing and goal bonuses?

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Owen to Man utd

What do you all think about that?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Official, 2 year deal signed, surprised he's not been signed for 1 year to be honest, I guess he must be on a more basic wage with playing and goal bonuses?
*vomit* This guy has always been one of my favorite players, even after he demanded the Real move "to win trophys"(lol), even after he picked Newcastle over Liverpool because of the higher wages.
But **** i hate him so much today:mad:.

In other news, not that any one cares on this forum.
But yeah for FH for thrasing our biggest rivals yesterday 5-0 :D.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know if this is the appropriate place to put this but i want to congratulate the unitd states soccer team for ding a great job in the FIFA games. they came so close to beating brazil but let their guard down and brazil took advantage of it. anyway good job america. it was there first final in the FIFA games

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know if this is the appropriate place to put this but i want to congratulate the unitd states soccer team for ding a great job in the FIFA games. they came so close to beating brazil but let their guard down and brazil took advantage of it. anyway good job america. it was there first final in the FIFA games
Confederations cup ;).
But yeah they did really well against Spain and it was the first time if ever been impressed by a US football team, so congrats :).

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMFAO @ Rafa crying about the inflated transfer market and players choosing money over trophies. Liverpool win much in the last couple of years?:p
Poor guy will actually have to do some managing instead of making lists of his Alex Ferguson pet hates.:deal:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*vomit* This guy has always been one of my favorite players, even after he demanded the Real move "to win trophys"(lol), even after he picked Newcastle over Liverpool because of the higher wages.
But **** i hate him so much today:mad:.

Yeah, I am not happy with Owen either. Tevez has been with ManU for only 1 year and he ruled out a move to Liverpool for the reasons of rivalry.

Owen was with Liverpool since he was a kid, left of his own volition AND helped to ensure we didn't get full value for him when we had to sell at the last minute, and knows full well how this move would sicken most Liverpool fans. Sorry, Michael - you're on the naughty list now.

Yes it is the right place, and the US did fantastically well to almost win the whole thing - roll on South Africa 2010!

LMFAO @ Rafa crying about the inflated transfer market and players choosing money over trophies. Liverpool win much in the last couple of years?:p
Poor guy will actually have to do some managing instead of making lists of his Alex Ferguson pet hates.:deal:

And so it begins! Blue-noses already throwing rocks across Stanley Park! I love the football season! It is way too quiet in June! Unfortunately, I can't really throw any rocks back on this one as you do have a great MANAGER in Moyes. But there's always hope - maybe this season he'll be crap! :D

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell you what, if things don't get going soon, I'm afraid my Giallorossi are going to have back to back disgusting seasons. All I'm hearing about is to sell the club or not to sell, to sell (insert x star player name here) or not to sell... Just wish Matchday 1 would get here already so we can put all the rumors to bed.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well - Man City now set to sign Tevez? I think that is a blow to Man Utd and another boost for City. City have the makings of a decent team - but I still don't think Hughes is good enough. Trouble for Hughes is that there is more and more expectation now and if he doesn't deliver......I think he has until Xmas to get them into the top 6 or it could be the chop.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But then a lot of peeps thought he only had until last xmas too, but doing nothing & he's still here :)

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm looking for Berbatov to step up and make a greater contribution. Man Utd forever.:):):)

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man City following the Real Madrid route of, 'Let's try and buy every striker in the world so there aren't any to score against us'. How they'll fit Robinho and Tevez in the same team is anyone's guess. Then there's Santa Cruz. Now it looks as though they want Abebayor. And I would laugh so hard if Terry went there too

Saw that Ferguson said the Owen deal would be the last of the summer. If so then the title isn't going their way. You heard it here first lol

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man City following the Real Madrid route of, 'Let's try and buy every striker in the world so there aren't any to score against us'. How they'll fit Robinho and Tevez in the same team is anyone's guess. Then there's Santa Cruz. Now it looks as though they want Abebayor. And I would laugh so hard if Terry went there too

Saw that Ferguson said the Owen deal would be the last of the summer. If so then the title isn't going their way. You heard it here first lol
Dont forget Bellamy,Evans,Bojinov,Benjani,Caicedo :eek:.
Wtf do the need with 8 forwards? Sure Evans is rubbish and will probably be sold before next season and Benjani has injury issues but why go after Adebayor?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
City´s next years line up?

Adebayor - Tevez

Robinho - Santa Cruz - Bellamy - Bojinov

Benjani - Evans - Caicedo - Elano

Given

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
City´s next years line up?

Adebayor - Tevez

Robinho - Santa Cruz - Bellamy - Bojinov

Benjani - Evans - Caicedo - Elano

Given

Would be fun lol :)

Seen that Bosingwa and Drogba's bans have been reduced by UEFA. Absolute disgrace

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But then a lot of peeps thought he only had until last xmas too, but doing nothing & he's still here :)

Hate to say it, Ian, but I am worried for Pompey this season - it was a struggle last year and now they have sold Johnson and ppear to be selling Crouchy.....hope I am wrong.

Dont forget Bellamy,Evans,Bojinov,Benjani,Caicedo :eek:.
Wtf do the need with 8 forwards? Sure Evans is rubbish and will probably be sold before next season and Benjani has injury issues but why go after Adebayor?

Seems crazy to me too - Robinho, Tevez, Santa Claus and probably Adebayor....not to mention the 2nd stringers like Bellamy - who the hell is going to sit on the bench and who will be playing for the reserves???

neone worring bout man utd nat coping wi out ronaldo/tevez? DONT, i predict players like anderson n berbatov will be differnt class next season, anderson shows signs of difernt class at times wi his pasing/keeping the ball n movement around d middle park, c with ronaldo gone u can sense utd being more of a team even at end o last season u cud see vry1 getting pissed aff wi em, tevez will be missed but he wasn a reg goalscorer was he, owen injury free guarentess u 15 a season playin in a team wi utds creativity, can see him getting a couple at anfield in front d kop, mite actaullt c wat kinda price ud get him 4 on dat

WOT???????????????????