Ongoing Soccer Thread

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A goal would have been nice, but It was nice to see Landon end his playing career with a victory and another MLS Cup. He should have been in brazil. Congratulations LD and shout out as well to Henry. I was hoping for a NY Vs LA final, but NY just fell short. I'm excited for the future of MLS.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A goal would have been nice, but It was nice to see Landon end his playing career with a victory and another MLS Cup. He should have been in Brazil. Congratulations LD and shout out as well to Henry. I was hoping for a NY Vs LA final, but NY just fell short. I'm excited for the future of MLS.

You still have Robbie Keane, Jermaine Defoe and old Frankie Lampard :top:

*Almost forgot Bradley Wright-Phillips! i dont know whats happened to him since he went there :eek:

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good ol Robbie Keane, MVP of everything :D
My Portland Timbers has Liam Ridgewell so thats something :p

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Real won all group games and advanced to the play off in Champion league.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Group C is quite interesting... Leverkusen and Monaco are arguably better than Benfica and Zenit yet they are seeded below them.

how is leverkusen better then benfica, if the last encounters benfica always won, plus benfica is higher on clubs rankings :D ... and u got to know that monaco just got taken by a milionaire, but 2 season ago they were in 2nd division, so the fact that they finished 2nd last season and qualified for CL and bought falcao, moutinho etc, that doesnt mean they are better then zenith, who are a permanent team in CL;)

Leverkusen just beat Dortmund and the German league is stronger than the Portuguese league.

Monaco have better players currently than Zenit and Monaco are favourites to win the Champions League out of Group C.

nKhF8qD.png

Anyway my point was that Group C is interesting because both of the lower seeded teams could also easily finish the highest seeds, as also reflected by the bookmakers odds. Not that I want to argue about it, it just makes for a closer group than the rest, objectively speaking.

But yes, subjectively speaking, I don't really expect someone from Portugal to see it that way, considering Benfica are in the group and Villas-Boas manages Zenit. :rolleyes: :laugh:

i hate benfica btw, but youre wrong again and again

hQcdtkV.png

;)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A great goal to watch for Legia Warsaw - 2 great save by the keeper, a rebound off the post and the a comical pinball bounce for the goal >>>

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
San Lorenzo vs Real Madrid................Real Madrid is gonna win from at least 4 goals.......

San Lorenzo it's a joke........they cant make 3 passes right...

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
San Lorenzo vs Real Madrid................Real Madrid is gonna win from at least 4 goals.......

San Lorenzo it's a joke........they cant make 3 passes right...

Yeah San Lorenzo is pretty weak now.

Here are the odds:

Real Madrid: 1.10
Draw: 9.50
San Lorenzo: 21

This tells everything.
Real Madrid deserves this cup anyway. It's the best soccer team now, maybe only Bayern Munich has real chance against them.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All South America is pretty weak compared with Europe at the moment unfortunately. Money is king and the money is in Europe

Also, this week two major retirements in Thierry Henry and Eric Abidal. Couldn't possibly do either of them justice in a forum post, both absolutely extraordinary individuals

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read an article on the bleacher report that Sporting Kansas City has had the best offseason in MLS. I'm not sure about that, as they (we) lost Collin to Orlando City Soccer club. If Espinosa is signed though, I agree that they did best. What do you think? How do you feel your club is doing in the offseason this year?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how about the Spurs? Great win today!!!

Yep - great win, Chelski looked out of sorts (too much New Year celebrations? ;) ) and poor old Moany Mo looked even more unhappy :D

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep - great win, Chelski looked out of sorts (too much New Year celebrations? ;) ) and poor old Moany Mo looked even more unhappy :D

New Year's Day had a few strange results. I think Spurs under Pochettino are just the fittest team in the league. The movement of Kane and co. tore Chelsea apart. Only Hazard could keep up for Chelsea.

B6SLAf-CQAA3Fhr.jpg

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait for the MLS season to start! So many big names are joining or re-joining the league this year. I really do think MLS will break out this year. A lot of clubs are getting new stadiums as well. All looks good going forward. Cant wait for March 8th!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The FA Cup Quarter Final draw will be key with so few of the big teams left. But the way the underdogs have been playing, who knows?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bradford have been doing very well. Their pitch is in a terrible state so as long as they get a home draw they have a decent chance against anyone.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, Everton in the Championship next year? What do you think, Colin, Sarah??? :p :p :p

InsertMoreCoins

InsertMoreCoins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Everton in the Championship next year? What do you think, Colin, Sarah??? :p :p :p

Even as a United fan I certainly hope not. Always had a soft spot for the Toffees. They represent the good in Liverpool, unlike Liverstool itself. :icon_puke

Seriously though, it's highly unlikely. Leicester and QPR are both most likely to be relegated, with Burnley and Villa not far off. I'd like to see Burnley stay up though, Tripler and Ings are class.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea v PSG was the most pathetic show of prima donna and petulance i think i have ever seen on a football pitch :mad:

A typical Moany Mo teams performance, over the top acting and protesting, when if they had actually played the game instead they may have gotten through.

edit - i actually enjoyed watching Welling v Altrincham a couple of days before a lot more (Conference game) no gloves, no diving, and players got up without rolling around screaming in fake agony when someone took the ball off of them.

InsertMoreCoins

InsertMoreCoins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea v PSG was the most pathetic show of prima donna and petulance i think i have ever seen on a football pitch :mad:

A typical Moany Mo teams performance, over the top acting and protesting, when if they had actually played the game instead they may have gotten through.

edit - i actually enjoyed watching Welling v Altrincham a couple of days before a lot more (Conference game) no gloves, no diving, and players got up without rolling around screaming in fake agony when someone took the ball off of them.

You have to remember one group of players is making hundreds of thousands each week, whilst the other is making a pittance in comparison. Any edge, ethical or not, is vital at higher levels. No saying I agree with it, but I do understand why they do it.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Like insertMoreCoins said the stakes are higher. You cannot compare nosebleeds one house/two house with the games I play.

InsertMoreCoins

InsertMoreCoins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are any Liverstool fans here, which I doubt because your houses don't have electricity to load up a computer, good game. Gerrard is a legend.