Ongoing Soccer Thread

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF Sporting KC?!! WTF DC United?! How is this happening? Two consecutive losses at Sporting Park? How is that possible? DC beats NYBulls? Come on!!

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank god for the schedule bringing my Sporting Kansas City boys to the stub hub center friday to play the fabulous Chivas USA. We needed a win so badly and a Torres-free Chivas was well timed. Now, hopefully we can roll on to turn our slump around.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
di maria looks so beast, i think with him united will get in top 4

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Liverpool - whats going on, defence is terrible and no support or supply for the forwards :dontknow:

Scummers in 2nd? i know its early but - it hurts my eyes :eek:

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool - whats going on, defence is terrible and no support or supply for the forwards :dontknow:

Sturridge is injured, Suarez is gone, and the rest of the team have to play Champions League in mid-week now which they can't cope with. Their defence was poor last season too but it was masked by the amount of goals they scored.

Southampton are doing well but they are in a bit of a false position at the moment, kind of like Aston Villa. Villa are in the middle of some bad fixtures now so will fall quite quickly, but we'll only know where Saints truly are in mid-January when they have played all of the top 7.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Very poor defending, and conceding 2 goals in 6 minutes meant West Ham could do what others have done consistently - sit back and soak it up, knowing we don't have the guile to break down a massed defence...and we're not the only ones. Stoke winning at City, Leicester winning at Stoke...anyone can beat anyone.

It will take time. We have a good squad and a good manager, but I'm starting to think Stevie might need to sit a few games - everyone knows that plan now and play on it, and he's just not what he used to be.

I'm also still not a big Mignolet fan - a keeper needs to COMMAND his area, control the defence - and he just doesn't.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leicester City 5 - 3 Man Utd :rofl:

Is David Moyes smiling? :D

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you picked up the new FIFA 15 video game yet? If so, how do you like it? Does it offer "be a player-manager" in offline career mode?

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PES will take over new gen i guess... the last one seems awesome, i'll get it for sure.

Fifa stoped getting better now, just the same every year... i think 14 is even better than 15

no.. im not fifa hater... actually.. since 2010 there was nothing i can do, PES wasn't good anymore, fifa was better... but i think PES got it back together

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you have fifa 15? Does it have a career mode that allows you to play as both the player and manager at the same time or is it one or the like the last two years?

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

My good old hammers kicked their arses.Big Sam has got them tuned up, I haven't seen a West Ham team play like that for decades.
Sam believes in statistics and it might be paying off this site predicts them to be in the top half of the table.
http://www.soccermetrics.net/league...-league-end-summer-transfer-window :thrasher:

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you have fifa 15? Does it have a career mode that allows you to play as both the player and manager at the same time or is it one or the like the last two years?

as a manager or as a player

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No!!! Why?!! Player manager was so purrrfect! I want that game mode back! I now have no reason to live.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice match between Everton and Liverpool there, 1-1 FT.

Great last minute goal from Jagielka!

Z17RRa.gif

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a bad goal either (for a scummer ;) )

ContentDifferentHen.gif

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't make me start posting MLS Highlights on here! Speaking of which.. THE mls got a new logo. What do you all think of it?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't make me start posting MLS Highlights on here! Speaking of which.. THE mls got a new logo. What do you all think of it?

mls_crest_club_colors.png

So each club gets their own coloured different logo - why not one league logo and let clubs have their own badge?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can Mario Balotelli get any worse? abysmal performance against QPR, misses open goals & can't be bothered to move around when required.

In fact for the first goal if it wasn't for Richard Dunne heading it into his own net, it would have hit Balotelli in the back, as he wasn't even looking at what was going on and was ambling across the goal.

What a waste.

*if he now score 20 goals this season i will deny having ever posted this

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can Mario Balotelli get any worse? abysmal performance against QPR, misses open goals & can't be bothered to move around when required.

In fact for the first goal if it wasn't for Richard Dunne heading it into his own net, it would have hit Balotelli in the back, as he wasn't even looking at what was going on and was ambling across the goal.

What a waste.

*if he now score 20 goals this season i will deny having ever posted this
I agree 100% They could have used the millions they wasted on him and picked up some much needed defenders. Thank you QPR for the 2 own goals, they were obviously needed :p