Ongoing Soccer Thread

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of Di Maria? If you ask me madrid made a huge mistake.
He was one of the key players last season, i dont know why they bought rodrigez because di maria is better if you ask me.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Di Maria going to United is a mistake career-wise....he's 28, no CL this year and possibly next year too the way United have started.

avibar

avibar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
di maria didnt wanted to leave thay kind of made im to go. rial made big mistake

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Di Maria but I think James has more potential for Madrid. Bale, James, and Ronaldo in the same team is incredible.

I'm not so sure Di Maria will solve all of United's problems. Mata was supposed to last season but it didn't really happen. For the amount of money being spent I think United have made some serious mistakes in recent years. E.g. Fellaini.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two thoughts on United's start under van Gaal.

1. Maybe Moyes didn't do such an awful job last year with this bunch, especially with RVP missing in action almost all season.

2. Even more props to Ferguson for the football/motivational genius he was to not only win the league with this lot 2 years ago - but win it in a canter!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some nasty groups been drawn for the Champions League -

Real Madrid & Liverpool in one,
Group E is very nasty indeed,
and Barca & PSG together in another :eek:

cl2014_zps5d0a7cd1.jpg

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Group C is quite interesting... Leverkusen and Monaco are arguably better than Benfica and Zenit yet they are seeded below them.

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Group E is worth watching, Roma played really good last year maybe they can do something here

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Group C is quite interesting... Leverkusen and Monaco are arguably better than Benfica and Zenit yet they are seeded below them.

how is leverkusen better then benfica, if the last encounters benfica always won, plus benfica is higher on clubs rankings :D ... and u got to know that monaco just got taken by a milionaire, but 2 season ago they were in 2nd division, so the fact that they finished 2nd last season and qualified for CL and bought falcao, moutinho etc, that doesnt mean they are better then zenith, who are a permanent team in CL;)

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how is leverkusen better then benfica, if the last encounters benfica always won, plus benfica is higher on clubs rankings :D ... and u got to know that monaco just got taken by a milionaire, but 2 season ago they were in 2nd division, so the fact that they finished 2nd last season and qualified for CL and bought falcao, moutinho etc, that doesnt mean they are better then zenith, who are a permanent team in CL;)

Leverkusen just beat Dortmund and the German league is stronger than the Portuguese league.

Monaco have better players currently than Zenit and Monaco are favourites to win the Champions League out of Group C.

nKhF8qD.png

Anyway my point was that Group C is interesting because both of the lower seeded teams could also easily finish the highest seeds, as also reflected by the bookmakers odds. Not that I want to argue about it, it just makes for a closer group than the rest, objectively speaking.

But yes, subjectively speaking, I don't really expect someone from portugal to see it that way, considering Benfica are in the group and Villas-Boas manages Zenit. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man City at 14/1 look like value....with their squad and money it's only a matter of time.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some unexpected results today...

United continue their poor form, 0-0 with Burnley.
Man City lose to Stoke 0-1.
3-3 between Newcastle and Crystal Palace.
QPR get their first win, 1-0 v Sunderland.
Swansea go top of the league with a 3-0 win against West Brom.
And Southampton beat West Ham 1-3 away from home.

Chelsea went 0-2 up in 3 minutes against Everton.
It is currently at 1-2.

As it stands any Spurs win against Liverpool tomorrow will put them top of the league again over the international break!

Edit: Chelsea now 1-3 up, so Spurs will need 2 goals tomorrow.

Second edit: Everton get it back to 2-3 now, good game of football! And they have just brought Eto'o on...

Third edit: 2-4, wow :laugh:

Fourth edit: 3-4, Eto'o scored! Ridiculous lol.

Fifth edit: 3-5... 5 goals in 11 minutes... neither team believe in defending, especially Everton!

Last edited:
O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
United really is in poor form, Stoke is suprise of the day :)
But everton vs chelsea :O what a game, goal after goal

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everton are great to watch as a neutral when they attack, but they can't defend...

They would never concede 6 goals at home under Moyes.

Martinez has turned them into Wigan!

:laugh:

Problem now is that Chelsea are 2 goals clear at the top of the league, with the most goals scored... will anyone be able to catch them now? :dontknow:

Come on you Spurs! :cool:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everton are great to watch as a neutral when they attack, but they can't defend...

Problem now is that Chelsea are 2 goals clear at the top of the league, with the most goals scored... will anyone be able to catch them now? :dontknow:

Nope season is over - done, finito lol :D

One heck of a game, it was turning into basketball at one point with goals on each attack.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ashame ManU is not in the champions, they have built a stronghold in oldtrafford with all the additions they have done recently

but anyway life keeps going and this year i dare to say that Bayern will win it

real madrid is still a tough team but without dimaria is not the same

barcelona and suarez will be good to watch (unfortuntely messi is not the same)

mancity and psg are doing great recently and this year finally could be theirs

chelsea´s been in the market for a long time but still dont know what is their plan, i think hazard will be the lonely star surrounded by good but not enough good players to compete for the champions

arsenal has a quite interesting team but i think they need a world class midfielder to link with ozil and maybe another striker, but who doesnt need a player or two? every team I think but Bayern because this team is full of stars and really dont see any team that can beat them up, alles klar?

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well i hope that chelsea will win the legaue
Blue is the color :)

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Tough start for my team (Man Utd) I firmly believe Van Gaal is the right man though. Need to get all the new players and injured players back and I think results and performances will pick up.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, now that Tottenham are back to reality the league is officially over. :laugh:

I will never understand how Spurs can play exactly the same 11 that won comfortably last week 4-0 and yet still play terrible the next week and lose 3-0.

Always letting me down... :rolleyes:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, now that Tottenham are back to reality the league is officially over. :laugh:

I will never understand how Spurs can play exactly the same 11 that won comfortably last week 4-0 and yet still play terrible the next week and lose 3-0.

Always letting me down... :rolleyes:

Don't be too downhearted. I'm a Liverpool fan and am a believer in Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of playing football. Poccetino is the same kind of manager IMO - he has a CLEAR vision of how he wants his teams to play - and that is playing high pressure, skillful football.

Just keep believing. It's only been 3 league games. It might take a season or two but if Spurs stick with him you'll be fighting for top 4 with the rest.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be too downhearted. I'm a Liverpool fan and am a believer in Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of playing football. Poccetino is the same kind of manager IMO - he has a CLEAR vision of how he wants his teams to play - and that is playing high pressure, skillful football.

Just keep believing. It's only been 3 league games. It might take a season or two but if Spurs stick with him you'll be fighting for top 4 with the rest.

I like Poch and will support him but I did the same for Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood etc.

The chairman Levy doesn't understand that we can't keep selling our best players one season and then firing our manager the next season. We used to beat Liverpool consistently.

We have sold Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale etc. all against manager's wishes, and never replaced the likes of Ledley King or Van der Vaart properly either. This highlights to me that the chairman does not back his managers well enough to achieve the ambitions he wants.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leverkusen just beat Dortmund and the German league is stronger than the Portuguese league.

Monaco have better players currently than Zenit and Monaco are favourites to win the Champions League out of Group C.

nKhF8qD.png

Anyway my point was that Group C is interesting because both of the lower seeded teams could also easily finish the highest seeds, as also reflected by the bookmakers odds. Not that I want to argue about it, it just makes for a closer group than the rest, objectively speaking.

But yes, subjectively speaking, I don't really expect someone from Portugal to see it that way, considering Benfica are in the group and Villas-Boas manages Zenit. :rolleyes: :laugh:
i hate benfica btw, but youre wrong again and again

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, there's no doubt United have bought some great players - di Maria, Falcao....but they still have to be moulded into a team with Rooney, RvP, Blind, Shaw, etc. etc.

Should be good to watch though!