Ongoing Soccer Thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LVG is a good manager and will do well there - but he has the same problems any new manager there would have.

He has to replace several players and then try to gel the new players into a TEAM.

He also has to compete with established teams with huge resources - City & Chelsea, and other good teams in Arsenal & Liverpool.

I think they'll finish top 4 but can't see them winning it.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think united wont win next season but certainly will be in top 4

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real Madrid have confirmed Toni Kroos and close to jamez rodriguez, besides having cr7, bale, di maria, isco, xabi, who will leave the team? hehehe

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brazil announces its new coach, Dunga.
He already had a ticket by selecting the 2010 Cup, honestly think it did and will do a poor job, it will not change anything in Brazilian football.

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every single player that started on my MLS fantasy manager had double fixtures last week. I thought I set myself up for my biggest week ever. I was barely above the league average for the week. What a bummer! Anybody else here play it? How did you do last week?

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dunga probably is the one to kinda organize for the next coach who will go to the 2018 world cup

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beasley to Houston Dynamo.. Can anyone confirm?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beasley to Houston Dynamo.. Can anyone confirm?

Looks like it - reading confirmed on his Twitter an hour ago

8c68b20e823a87632eb06d62c8317729.png

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brazil announces its new coach, Dunga.
He already had a ticket by selecting the 2010 Cup, honestly think it did and will do a poor job, it will not change anything in Brazilian football.

I think the former coatch was good. The big defeat was not his fault. Dunga wont be better. Brasilia must find more good players.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's going to be another very exciting EPL season. Lots of teams with new players - some with new managers.

United will be stronger with LVG, but it's hard to see them winning it with the current squad.

Arsenal will be stronger with their new signings - and don't forget they were top until February last season even with all the injuries they had to players like Ramsey and Walcott.

Chelsea will be stronger, but I'm not a fan of Mourinho's defensive style - and they'll miss Lampard and Terry if he misses some games.

City are the best bet to me - their manager was a bit naive at the start of last season and they lost a few bad games early on - but he learned quickly and they won't make the same mistakes this season.

Liverpool - hard to say. I think it'll take the new players a while to gel.

Spurs - new manager but still think they're weak at the back.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with City looking to be the best bet to win the trophy this year. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the new players gel really well at Liverpool. :)
It's going to be another very exciting EPL season. Lots of teams with new players - some with new managers.

United will be stronger with LVG, but it's hard to see them winning it with the current squad.

Arsenal will be stronger with their new signings - and don't forget they were top until February last season even with all the injuries they had to players like Ramsey and Walcott.

Chelsea will be stronger, but I'm not a fan of Mourinho's defensive style - and they'll miss Lampard and Terry if he misses some games.

City are the best bet to me - their manager was a bit naive at the start of last season and they lost a few bad games early on - but he learned quickly and they won't make the same mistakes this season.

Liverpool - hard to say. I think it'll take the new players a while to gel.

Spurs - new manager but still think they're weak at the back.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in think real madrid will again the CL next season, theyre squad is just getting sicker and sicker

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is on fire? Thats right.. My Sporting Kansas City!! No matter how hard the refs make it on us, we find a win, weather at home or on the road and we if 10 men if we have to. So proud of my boys in blue right now!!

Whats in the cards for Cory Ashe now that Beasley has joined Houston Dynamo. Should be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me ask you from USA.
Did the world cup get 'soccer' more popular there or was it just for the cup?

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soccer in America has been growing rapidly the past 3-4 years. I live in Kansas City and it has absolutely exploded here. The club MLS team in KC rebranded from the "Wiz" to Sporting KC and built a new amazing, state of the art stadium. The domestic league (MLS) is expanding quickly and bigger and bigger names are coming here or choosing to stay here. The rest of the league has a few struggling spots, but overall is growing and is the best shape its ever been in. I'm thrilled to see it grow from baby to adult over the next 25 years. It just gets better and better.

Time will tell if the world cup helps boost it even more, I get the sense that the buzz has died off quickly once the world cup ended, but it will be hard to tell until more big international events happen. We shall see.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly will grow now with lampard and villa playing in mls :d

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great times for soccer in the United States, today in MSL Sport Kansas x Philadelphia(needing to win to get into the zone classification).

Tomorrow great games (Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Milan, Real Madrid etc ...) disputing the International Champions Cup :)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Come on and sign up guys and girls - it's free and gives an extra interest for the new season!

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Celtic have been reinstated into the Champions League after losing two legs because their opponent, Leiga Warsaw, fielded an ineligible player. This is despite Leiga being 6-1 up at the time and only bringing on the player for a couple of minutes at the end. The reason he was ineligible is because he was left out of Leiga's official UEFA squad list for a previous game due to serving a suspension. Whilst his suspension was now over for this match and he was on the official team sheet when he was brought on, he was still not officially in Leiga's squad list.

What I don't get is, if UEFA have the time and money to spend on all of this red tape and bureaucracy, then surely some of their officials are also at fault for allowing the player to be on Leiga's team sheet and come on in the first place. Yes, Leiga made a mistake, but the punishment seems severe in this case. They are not the only ones who sign off on official squad lists, team sheets, substitutions etc. - the referee and other officials also have to accept the paperwork.

But it is good to see UEFA are on top of the things that really matter... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy win against city for us today, but obvious they were without kompany, zabaleta and other notable players, still great result, arsenal!!!

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'd like to play Southampton heads-up;

They fold Rickie Lambert on the button for £4m...
Just to go all-in with Shane Long under the gun for £12m!

Surely that can't be +EV? :laugh:

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Denmark we are about to get into a conflict between players and clubs. So the danish teams in CL qual and EL qual must only nonpros. It is a big joke!!!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'd like to play Southampton heads-up;

They fold Rickie Lambert on the button for £4m...
Just to go all-in with Shane Long under the gun for £12m!

Surely that can't be +EV? :laugh:

As a Pompey fan :rofl:

In Denmark we are about to get into a conflict between players and clubs. So the danish teams in CL qual and EL qual must only nonpros. It is a big joke!!!

Why? - its not down to money by any chance?

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Celtic have been reinstated into the Champions League after losing two legs because their opponent, Leiga Warsaw, fielded an ineligible player. This is despite Leiga being 6-1 up at the time and only bringing on the player for a couple of minutes at the end. The reason he was ineligible is because he was left out of Leiga's official UEFA squad list for a previous game due to serving a suspension. Whilst his suspension was now over for this match and he was on the official team sheet when he was brought on, he was still not officially in Leiga's squad list.

What I don't get is, if UEFA have the time and money to spend on all of this red tape and bureaucracy, then surely some of their officials are also at fault for allowing the player to be on Leiga's team sheet and come on in the first place. Yes, Leiga made a mistake, but the punishment seems severe in this case. They are not the only ones who sign off on official squad lists, team sheets, substitutions etc. - the referee and other officials also have to accept the paperwork.

But it is good to see UEFA are on top of the things that really matter... :rolleyes: :laugh:

This thing with celtic is apsolutely ridiculous... Way to go UEFA hahaha