Ongoing Soccer Thread

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you gays think who will win premier legau this season? As a big chelsea fan I would put my money on them of course :)

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you gays think who will win premier legau this season? As a big chelsea fan I would put my money on them of course :)

Right now on paper I think...

1st: Chelsea
2nd: City
3rd: United
4th: Arsenal
5th: Liverpool
6th: Tottenham
7th: Everton

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. ManU
6. Everton
7. Spurs.
8. Stoke
9. Newcastle
10. West Ham
11. Southampton
12. Sunderland
13. Swansea
14. Hull
15. West Brom
16. Leicester
17. Palace
18. Villa
19. Burnley
20. QPR

GotabigSet

GotabigSet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EPL week 1

I have a free bet on my acct but it has to be for EPL week 1. Anyone have any suggestions on what game I should watch (for mostly entertaining purposes) and I will likely bet ov/un goals in a game.

I like Rooney the best but honestly dont know anything about the EPL except what I read here lol.

Best of luck and thanks in advance
~gotabigset

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a free bet on my acct but it has to be for EPL week 1. Anyone have any suggestions on what game I should watch (for mostly entertaining purposes) and I will likely bet ov/un goals in a game.

I like Rooney the best but honestly dont know anything about the EPL except what I read here lol.

Best of luck and thanks in advance
~gotabigset

It is hard to tell as it is the first game so players won't be that fit and it will still be quite warm.

But if you like Rooney then United v Swansea, first game of the season, could be interesting. West Ham v Tottenham is also traditionally a good game as they have a decent rivalry.

In general though, my pick for goals and entertainment would be Liverpool v Southampton on Sunday. Liverpool scored over 100 goals last season and are at home. Meanwhile Southampton played quite open and attractive football last season and are away from home. They have both lost key players but in general Liverpool have strengthened their squad numbers and Southampton have weakened quite a bit.

However, it is the Premier League so you never really know...

Last edited:
GotabigSet

GotabigSet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, that helps me quite a bit, Sunday seems like a good bet on the over. Do you have any recommendations for websites/ podcasts / twitter feeds to read/listen to for a new fan (but I kno the rules just watch Columbus Crew (mls home team)).

This thread has kept me busy to lol

Thanks again
~gotabigset

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I come from Denmark and think that Daniel Agger is a great person I hope for Liverpool to take the trophy.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have both lost key players but in general Liverpool have strengthened their squad numbers and Southampton have weakened quite a bit.

Because Liverpool bought most of Southamptons good players :rofl:

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think liverpool wont be in first four this season...suarez meant a lot to them.
Chelsea has brutal sqaud and city is always strong so we will watch interesting season i think.
1. Chelsea :)
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Man utd

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Denmark we are about to get into a conflict between players and clubs. So the danish teams in CL qual and EL qual must only nonpros. It is a big joke!!!

Wow! That's nuts - FCK are a decent team that can cause problems but not with amateurs playing! What's it caused by?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, that helps me quite a bit, Sunday seems like a good bet on the over. Do you have any recommendations for websites/ podcasts / twitter feeds to read/listen to for a new fan (but I kno the rules just watch Columbus Crew (mls home team)).

This thread has kept me busy to lol

Thanks again
~gotabigset

Not into too much social media stuff... as for podcasts, I only listen to one and it is pretty specific to my local team. Generally just use these websites for my fix:

BBC
Sky Sports
NewsNow
FootyTube

First game of the season was good. Sigurdsson is a great signing for Swansea! But I'm a bit surprised at how poor United still are...

BvKNCofIEAATSDP.jpg

:laugh:

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This weekend good scores, many goals and good $$$$

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Southampton played really well 2nd half v Liverpool and were unlucky to lose.

Arsenal a bit lucky to beat Palace.

ManU looked a lot like ManU of last season, severely lacking in confidence.

Great win for Villa, good point for Leicester.

Let's see how Jose starts tomorrow at Burnley....

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Utd need to get at least a defender and another midfielder in or no chance of top4 imo.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think liverpool wont be in first four this season...suarez meant a lot to them.
Chelsea has brutal sqaud and city is always strong so we will watch interesting season i think.
1. Chelsea :)
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Man utd

no fckn way united gets 4th :D

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Atleti wins supercup against Real, 2-1 in aggregate! ;)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's an impressive goalscorer that hopefully will help defeat Real a few more times this season :D

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
United are still looking quite... Moyesy...

Seriously, has no-one told Van Gaal that Ashley Young is a right-footed attacking player? For some reason he thinks he is a left-footed defender. :laugh:

They remind me a bit of Spurs under AVB. The tactics are good in theory on FIFA but in reality too many players are out of position and not capable/confident enough.

Pochettino has got Spurs ticking now somehow. A lot more... Spursy... :)

Last edited:
Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I have a free bet on the game Man City x Liverpool, tomorrow August 25, some valuable tips? :D

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have a free bet on the game Man City x Liverpool, tomorrow August 25, some valuable tips? :D

Personally I put a small bet on Man City to win as I think they are favourites at the moment and it is rare to see them have so much value at home.

You may want something with more returns for your free bet though - I just don't have the cojones to bet on anything else! :laugh:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came with a theory at the start of the season....but I forgot to follow it week 1 when it would have won....but I did follow it week 2 and won! $20 bet won $21.82, total return of $41.82.