Ongoing Soccer Thread

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is turning into a very interesting season. A lot, I think, will depend on those teams that have the rub of the green with injuries.

Chelsea already looking clinical but boring. Utd relying on van person having an injury free season or they could struggle. City spending nothing on defence. Arsenal spending nothing. Spurs spending but we wait to see if they are quality signings. Pool who knows, could be dark horses or mid table.

It's gonna be fun.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your prediction about today match from UEFA Super Cup against Bayern Munchen vs Chelsea?

My opinion is that Chelsea will win this Super Cup with 2:1.

You were about 2 seconds away from being dead right!

This is turning into a very interesting season. A lot, I think, will depend on those teams that have the rub of the green with injuries.

Chelsea already looking clinical but boring. Utd relying on van person having an injury free season or they could struggle. City spending nothing on defence. Arsenal spending nothing. Spurs spending but we wait to see if they are quality signings. Pool who knows, could be dark horses or mid table.

It's gonna be fun.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

You're spot on about Chelsea - and that's how Mourinho won with Chelsea before. Tight at the back, win 1-0 or 2-0 - no reason it won't work this season!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7 minutes gone and Hull have already missed 2 chances - one a great chance - City's defence will kill them this season if they don't fix it.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im hearing today we are re signing Flamini...at least he's French.

lol this is so bad, the transfer window for us is like nothing happens, except that we loose allot of players:D

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5th at best this season mr donkey

well, last 3 season everyone said the exact same thing as u did now ... and we always finished 3rd and 4th, and even better since wenger took the job we always finished in top 4 in 18 years in a row, plus always in champions for 18 years in a row too ... so mr.whatever we will beat 5pur2 tommorow and we will finish 3rd this year and 5pur2 as always 5th and europa league (2nd division of europe) ... muah

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So long as we finish above spurs..

well, last 3 season everyone said the exact same thing as u did now ... and we always finished 3rd and 4th, and even better since wenger took the job we always finished in top 4 in 18 years in a row, plus always in champions for 18 years in a row too ... so mr.whatever we will beat 5pur2 tommorow and we will finish 3rd this year and 5pur2 as always 5th and europa league (2nd division of europe) ... muah

yeah i think you have done great to finish in the top 4 for as long as you have especially since your manager doesnt want to spend any money...but this season is different i think coz the big teams have spent big bucks, with spurs in particular making a statement of intent...and for the first time in 18 years i think they will finish above ya...and i think liverpool will finish above ya aswell..so it looks like it will be 6th unless wenger gets busy in the last 2 days and gets atleast 3 quality players with a forward being priority...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow! just heard Gareth Bale has left Spurs to join Real Madrid - they sure kept that quiet didn't they :rolleyes: ;) :D

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes Bale join to Real Madrid for 100 millions euro.
There was some speculations that Manchester United was also ready to pay 100 millions euro for him, but at the end he sign in contract with Real and I hope that now they have quality to win UEFA Champion League.

fishseller

fishseller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mesut Özil
from Real to Arsenal.
It seems to be good news for Arsenal fans.
:rock:

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i think you have done great to finish in the top 4 for as long as you have especially since your manager doesnt want to spend any money...but this season is different i think coz the big teams have spent big bucks, with spurs in particular making a statement of intent...and for the first time in 18 years i think they will finish above ya...and i think liverpool will finish above ya aswell..so it looks like it will be 6th unless wenger gets busy in the last 2 days and gets atleast 3 quality players with a forward being priority...

wanna say anything more? just believe me arsenal will finish in top 3 this season, not even 4th ... but top 3!

fishseller

fishseller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a speculation, i wish it was true story ... ozil is excelent playmaker

You're right.Everything is changing around...
Now the spanish press says that Özil wants to play in Manchester United.
:confused:

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wanna say anything more? just believe me arsenal will finish in top 3 this season, not even 4th ... but top 3!

not to you no, coz all you can say is the same thing,...anyway shouldnt you be supporting sporting lisbon or something?

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to you no, coz all you can say is the same thing,...anyway shouldnt you be supporting sporting lisbon or something?
portuguese clubs ... no Ty:D i was 8 years old when i saw first arsenal game, since then only arsenal

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Kaka make come back to AC Milan.
FORZA MILAN

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mesut Ozil to Arsenal for 43 million - seems a bit high maybe but definitely a quality player.

Fellaini to Man U for 27.5 million - LMFAO. Really??

Bale - so way over-priced. Silly money for a good player.

Lukaku - good loan signing for Everton. Barry/McCarthy? We'll see.

Sakho - good signing.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mesut Ozil to Arsenal for 43 million - seems a bit high maybe but definitely a quality player.

Sakho - good signing.

:D I lol'd a bit on that one too.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D I lol'd a bit on that one too.

bale def. not worth more then 60 ... but i agree with the ozil and fellaini, 46 and 32 million euros ... i think they only cost this much, because both arsenal and mu were desperate to sign someone, so everton and rm took advantage off it

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bale def. not worth more then 60 ... but i agree with the ozil and fellaini, 46 and 32 million euros ... i think they only cost this much, because both arsenal and mu were desperate to sign someone, so everton and rm took advantage off it

Same thing happed to Arsenal last season with Arteta being sold for £10mil :rofl:

Sakho has been a top player for a few years (on Football Manager that is ;)) hope in RL too :)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sakho - good signing.

ozil is an outstanding player and well worth the 43m imo, man u paid about 12m over what fellaini is actually worth, bale is worth about 30-35m so spurs got a superb deal and sakho is quality...liverpool are very strong this year....good times for the league.

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same thing happed to Arsenal last season with Arteta being sold for £10mil :rofl:

Sakho has been a top player for a few years (on Football Manager that is ;)) hope in RL too :)

but arteta is worth way much more than 10 ... i saw almost all the arsenal games last season and believe me he is worth more than 10, maybe hes alredy old (31) but he is class

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Ozil is a fantastic signing, He created the most assists last season and is a good goal scorer. I just wished we had signed a quality striker. But Bendtner is back in the squad so he has another chance to prove himself with Arsenal