Ongoing Soccer Thread

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone else seen this masterful England squad that has been released?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stewart downing - 0 goals, 0 assists, BETTER CALL HIM UP NOW!

john terry - racist idiot who's not very good, GET HIM ON THE PLANE!

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's unbelievable. Micah Richards - who's had a year in which he has matured considerably and become a very, very good right back in a title winning team? Naaaaah. Glen Johnson, a player who's had a mediocre season in a team that's finished 8th? Get him in!

Downing's selection is utterly absurd, there are so many players who should be considered ahead of him, a number of whom aren't even considered because they don't play for fashionable clubs.

Terry over Ferdinand (which I assume was the choice) is just daft

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ferdinand i can only presume is because of his fitness concerns
Andy Carroll must be in for the donkey work ;)
Downing, Milner, Barry - wow the opposition will be quaking wont they :rolleyes:

Im not sure weather this is a poor quality squad or a squad that points to poor quality of English players available.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bit of both. We have a very small pool of decent players, and we've picked the worst of them.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ferdinand i can only presume is because of his fitness concerns
Andy Carroll must be in for the donkey work ;)
Downing, Milner, Barry - wow the opposition will be quaking wont they :rolleyes:

Im not sure weather this is a poor quality squad or a squad that points to poor quality of English players available.
I disagree with you putting Barry in the same class as Downing. Barry has been excellent all season and more than deserves his place in the team as well as the starting XI. Downing, the mind boggles. Not even had one match yet and I've managed to lose faith in Hodgson, quite an accomplishment and probably the biggest accomplishment he will have as England manager.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone watching the bpool game?

just over 10minutes remaining, 1-1...butterflies in stomach sort of feeling setting in now haha..

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
CL Final Bayern vs. Chelsea

I'm ready....

Attachments

• stadium.jpg
    stadium.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 33
  • bier.jpg
    bier.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 33
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, should be a good one.

Can't help but want Bayern to win.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, interesting team you got there England. :eek: Maybe something good will come out of it. You just never know with this game. ;)
Go Bayern :)

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pfffff and there the team having 1.5 chances all game wins the penalty shoot-out.

:( :( :(

Why on earth Robben had to shoot the penalty during overtime remains unknown - he had already missed quite a few recently.

Oh well congrats Chelsea - sometimes the clearly better team just can't win.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The man mountain himself strikes again. An amazing player.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wonder what will happen with Di Matteo now. Surely he should get the job after doing the double. Had Muller for 1st goal and Chelsea to win. :D

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wonder what will happen with Di Matteo now. Surely he should get the job after doing the double. Had Muller for 1st goal and Chelsea to win. :D

Should be a cinch,,,, enjoyed the game ....bayern was better ....if your betting...how does Robben not score

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SIIIIIGH...

Sorry you didnt win - was hoping Fat Sam would fail :(

As for Chelski - amazing - how did Bayern miss so many chances? was hoping they would win, but there is a plus side that Chelski won......Spurs won't be in the Champions League now :rofl:

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ok, im bored. I need more footy. When does the Premier league start up again? :D

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am bored as well, can't wait for the new season to start.
As an Evertonian I am also bored and sick to death with the endless debate about who will be the next Liverpool manager, me and 90% of fans dont care, but turn on the radio, TV or read a paper and you cant get away from it.
There used to be a big 4, then a big 5, now its a big 8 and if they finish 10 next season it will be a big 10, they used to have a great team they aint any more, 20 years without winning the prem says it all. Liverpool, you are officially now one of the also rans, welcome to a not so exclusive club :D

Well played Blackpool, you were very unlucky, I too wanted fat Sam to fail, I hate his type of football, any chance he could be the next Liverpool manager :D:D:D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an Evertonian I am also bored and sick to death with the endless debate about who will be the next Liverpool manager, me and 90% of fans dont care, but turn on the radio, TV or read a paper and you cant get away from it.

David Moyes? :D

European Championships in Poland/Ukraine kicks off June 8th :marchmell

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ian, you have just been crossed off my christmas card list :D you never know what is going to happen in football but I would think it would be highly unlikely he would go over to the dark side, it is just not done, he would never be able to walk anywhere safely, there would always be some idiot wanting to have a go at him. Nah I think Andrea Villas Boas will suit them nicely, I am sure he would rub Gerrard and Carragher up the wrong way and cause another winter of discontent soon enough :D:D:D:D:D
To be honest the European Championships mean nothing to me, I am not a great England fan, I cant bring myself to cheer on a team that has Gerrard, Carragher, Downing, The Shrek, Cashley Cole and John "the thug" Terry in it, no way .

MTTGOD57

MTTGOD57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What?

Canada watches "soccer" lab man?

It's football not soccer! I cant stand the word soccer it really annoys me when people refer to the beautiful gmae as this term. To respond to previous posts i must say it was a good win by Chelsea in the champions league and Drogbas goal was amazing. However, i still think Bayern played better.

Last edited: