Ongoing Soccer Thread

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't see the game live tonight and managed to avoid twitter/BBC/facebook etc and watched it when I got in. Not the greatest of games but I thought City were very good, particularly impressed with Lescott and Zabaleta considering they're hardly the most talk about members of that squad. United were really poor, seemed as though they were set up for the draw. Rooney in particular was godawful, doubt he made one successful pass all night

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BIG big game next for City - Newcastle away, if they can win the title 'should' be theirs, but whatever happens to Newcastle will have a huge affect on Spurs, Chelsea and of course Newcastles European hopes.

But City have been poor away from home and Newcastle just got stuffed 4-0 by Wigan - who's for a draw to really stir things up lol :p

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool

From a Liverpool forum:

"People have a right to be furious. We have been worse in the league this season than we were under Roy the ****ing owl Hodgson"

Best of luck to Roy, a genuine, honest coach.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Papiss Cisse is human. That second goal was unreal

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
untitled-8zjkh2.gif

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Papiss Cisse is human. That second goal was unreal

Earlier itt I congratulated Newcastle for getting them into their team.

Maybe I should have sent condolences to all others :D .

He's an incredible striker and seems a nice guy, too.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Pool win today I'll lose all faith in football. Although if it convinces them to stick with Dogleash and that set of garbage players then that's alright with with me

Going to the Newcastle game tomorrow, so unbelievably excited already. The atmosphere's going to be incredible

C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goddamn did the Gunners luck out with that 3rd place! Cannot believe Spurs couldn't capitalize on that slip up. Read an article the other day on why RVP deserves better than a "shambolic" Arsenal team. After being a Gooner for over a decade I can't argue that he deserves better. Maybe if Wenger showed some real ambition in the transfer market, along with solid investment in a good defensive coach, they could persuade him to stay. Arsenal without RVP... wooo that'll take some gettin used to.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenals defence has been terrible for several years and selling off your two best midfielders probably didnt help much either - so really they could be massivly over achieving.

Need 2 decent defenders a solid central midfielder and a good striker (Podolski on his way it seems)

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah my team got 2nd, after some really bad years. Finally Champions League

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goddamn did the Gunners luck out with that 3rd place! Cannot believe Spurs couldn't capitalize on that slip up. Read an article the other day on why RVP deserves better than a "shambolic" Arsenal team. After being a Gooner for over a decade I can't argue that he deserves better. Maybe if Wenger showed some real ambition in the transfer market, along with solid investment in a good defensive coach, they could persuade him to stay. Arsenal without RVP... wooo that'll take some gettin used to.

With Pat Rice retiring this Summer, Steve Bould is taking over and he was one of the best defenders of his generation, so there could be more emphasis on the defence next season.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sooo, another great performance by the tangerines so put us in another Wembley final.

Not had great results so far vs west ham this season, a 4-0 & 4-1 so we're going to have to defiantly step it up vs the hammers.

We do tend to perform on big occasions though, so fingers crossed.

Bpool in the premier league is only a good thing for football ;)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sooo, another great performance by the tangerines so put us in another Wembley final.

Not had great results so far vs west ham this season, a 4-0 & 4-1 so we're going to have to defiantly step it up vs the hammers.

We do tend to perform on big occasions though, so fingers crossed.

Bpool in the premier league is only a good thing for football ;)

Really hope you manage to beat Fat Sam :D

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a sick,sick,sick end to the premier league season.

I would take my hat of to man city if most was home grown..but it's just rich owners who have bought in a team..nothing good about that. Same crpa as chealsea a few seasons back and now they are useless again..

Anyways, what an end!

2minutes remaining man city losing 2-1 man UTD had won 1-0 vs Sunderland so the title was in UTD hands...

and some how a massive 7minutes extra time for city?(righhht) lol....they win 3-2..so seal the premier league..

It's a shame UTD didn't win it, they deserved it imo. Fans celebrating the league win which, well...I woulden't mind in general but the team is like 90% over seas players.not really a good result for English football.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was resigned to it being lost at the start of the day but why did it have to happen the way it did? Gutted :icon_puke:icon_puke:bawling::bawling::bawling:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
amazing, just unbelievably amazing end to a season.......when does it start again? lol :D

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a shame UTD didn't win it, they deserved it imo.

There is no parameter by which United deserved that title.

Anyway, absolutely unbelievable day of football, have certainly never known a day like it in my lifetime. I still can't quite accept that it was real to be honest. How QPR got two goals from three attempts or whatever it was, the Lescott error, then Barton absurdity, the injury time goals... And that's just the City game itself, absolute ridiculousness at Stoke and West Brom too. Amazing day.

On a personal level, slight disappointment at Newcastle not quite making the Champion's League. When Arsenal went 2-1 it was still 1-0 at Everton and for a couple of minutes I was hoping we could pull it off, but as soon as Jelavic got the second (after a clear handball) I knew it was over. Still, this time three years ago we were relegated, so to be fighting for a CL spot on the last day is incredible, so proud of our season.

And yeah, wish it all started again next week!