Ongoing Soccer Thread

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent win by madrid. Impressive performance by all the players. Mourinho once again showing why he is the greatest manager in the world. Absolutely spectacular.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO Real Madrid have been better than Barcelona in the last handful of el-classicos. Barca have had the better results in recent games between the two team but tactically real madrid are superb. Mourihno is the best in the buisness. I wonder when the last time Barca have lost 2 in a row.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO Real Madrid have been better than Barcelona in the last handful of el-classicos. Barca have had the better results in recent games between the two team but tactically real madrid are superb. Mourihno is the best in the buisness. I wonder when the last time Barca have lost 2 in a row.

Commentary said that last time they lose two in a row was 2008. Barca had the best of the first El classico that Mourinho was in charge of but other than that I'd agree it was pretty close in most matches.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Commentary said that last time they lose two in a row was 2008. Barca had the best of the first El classico that Mourinho was in charge of but other than that I'd agree it was pretty close in most matches.

Also it says it all that the teams that are/have been managed by Mourinho give Barca the best challenge (Chelsea/Inter/Real Madrid) He knows how to stop them like other managers dont, it doesnt always work but it's impressive. Messi is generally very quiet against Mourihno teams (esp. Chelsea)

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also it says it all that the teams that are/have been managed by Mourinho give Barca the best challenge (Chelsea/Inter/Real Madrid) He knows how to stop them like other managers dont, it doesnt always work but it's impressive. Messi is generally very quiet against Mourihno teams (esp. Chelsea)

Yea if I remeber correctly Messis first goal against a Mourinho managed team wasn't till 2011 (I don't think he scored in the 5-0 that was nov '10, could be mistaken). The catenaccio that Inter deployed in the nou camp was one of the greatest performances I've ever watched. Barca would've won 3 back to back to back champ leagues if it wasn't for Mourinho as well. I hope he never goes to the rags because I hate them but love him so i will have a major conflict of interests lol.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Mourihno as well but he will definitely return to the Premiership as he will want to win a Champions League title in every country he has ever managed in.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QPR 1:0 Tottenham Flopspurs :rofl:

Yeah it's starting to get a little bit exciting. We've got a very, very tough run in though.

Got my ticket for the home game against City, regardless of whether we're still in the hunt for 4th or not, the atmosphere will be incredible

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tello was absolutely garbage, should have been brought off at half time. Missed a couple of good chances (one absolute sitter) and lost the ball poorly in the run up to the second Real goal

Mourinho's tactics spot on up to a point as per. Thought after they got the first goal they sat back a little too much, looked much more dangerous when they pressing so much early on, but it must be easy to slip into the mentality of trying to preserve the lead.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tello was absolutely garbage, should have been brought off at half time. Missed a couple of good chances (one absolute sitter) and lost the ball poorly in the run up to the second Real goal
I agree that is one point that I mark guardiola down for. He rarely make subs when he has made a bad decision to start a player, Sanchez or Fabregas or even pedro should have been on at half time.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm not one to question Pep, but leaving him on as long as he did smacked of stubbornness

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and what was Valdes doing for the first goal? no time for walkabouts :rolleyes:

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get the **** in. Everton overturn a two goal defecit to draw at OT. That is ****ing epic. Can go into the derby now with fate in our hands.

C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hotdamn, imagine what Moyes can do with a little more money!

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome day. Reclaim top spot with a win next monday.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to Hodgson except against Fulham:)

He would love to get hold of £50M for Torres to buy three or four good players and put his stamp on the team as Rafa seems to have left a depleted squad... maybe a move away when Torres starts scoring again will benefit all parties.

I think Roy is shrewder than most and given his head could elevate Liverpool to heights unseen for decades.

no sympathy for Liverpool fans who hounded Hodgson from his job.

they gave all the money to King Kenny and look what's happened.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read earlier that Hodgson has one as many league games at Anfield as Daglish this season lol.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ Won**

But c'mon Citeh!! Seeing smug looks of all glory-hunting Reds fans being wiped off their faces' is what I dream of.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if Real/Chelsea win the CL, Real win La Liga and Man City win the prem can we officially say that money has conquered football?

I don't even like Man U or Barca but I always seem to end up cheering for them as the lesser of multiple evils, heh.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So if Real/Chelsea win the CL, Real win La Liga and Man City win the prem can we officially say that money has conquered football?

I don't even like Man U or Barca but I always seem to end up cheering for them as the lesser of multiple evils, heh.
If we add up the debts of these teams we're looking down into a bottomless pit, aren't we ?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What an absolutely epic performance by Chelsea. Heroic effort by every player in Blue.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, it was just another bullshit over-reaction from a scummy Barca player. So glad to see them go out. Absolutely disgusting club, almost as disgusting as United.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lolwat? What do you expect when someone knees you in the back off the ball? It's a standard reaction and Terry was absolutely retarded. 'Mr Chelsea' almost cost/should have cost them their place in the final

BlueNowhere gonna BlueNowhere

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, it was just another bullshit over-reaction from a scummy Barca player. So glad to see them go out. Absolutely disgusting club, almost as disgusting as United.

LOL so you think that the knee by Terry was justified? lmfao whether the Barca guy "flopped" or not...it was definately a red card regardless.

Absolutely disgusting club? uhh....ok, bro.

Lolwat? What do you expect when someone knees you in the back off the ball? It's a standard reaction and Terry was absolutely retarded. 'Mr Chelsea' almost cost/should have cost them their place in the final

BlueNowhere gonna BlueNowhere

+1 dude