Ongoing Soccer Thread

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm off to Manchester on Friday. Hopefully we'll get the win against Everton Sunday and all but clinch the title.

Should be a great game tonight, Real vs Bayern. El Classico on Saturday and likely another meeting in the CL final. Good week of football. :D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wigan - ManU 1:0
Arsenal - Wigan 1:2

Amazing.

But I like Wigan. I hope they survive.

Me too, they have battled well - QPR, Blackburn & Wolves to go (possibly lol)

I'm off to Manchester on Friday. Hopefully we'll get the win against Everton Sunday and all but clinch the title.

Should be a great game tonight, Real vs Bayern. El Classico on Saturday and likely another meeting in the CL final. Good week of football. :D

Chelski v Barca on Weds too :top:

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barca are going to destroy Chelsea, especially if Cahill is at CB

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Roberto Di Matteo says ahead of facing Barcelona he is looking for '2 perfect legs' - i couldn't help but think of Cameron Diaz lol

Attachments

• cdiazlegs1.jpg
    cdiazlegs1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg I just discovered this awesome thread! I've been an Arsenal fan ever since the late nineties. Although I've always had a soft spot for Wigan I didn't enjoy watching the Gooners go down last Monday. I also enjoy watching the Budesliga and loved Bayern Munich's performance against RM. What do you think RM's chances are at the 2nd leg?

As far as tonight's concerned, I don't know if Chelsea have the "legs" to fight it out with Barca just this once, let alone twice.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the thread :wavey:

I fear Real Madrid will use the old home tactics of divng, hitting and running (not a Madrid fan here ;))

Barca have stuttered at times but quality (i hope) will win through :D

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real Madrid will go through in the 2nd leg. Mourinho will make sure of that.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does everyone think that Barca will win easilly. Ive seen Barca quite a bit this season and they havent been as good as they have been in the last few seasons. Also Chelsea have always given Barca a game despite always being written off. Remember chelsea vs barca in 2009? the better team got knocked out then. Barca are the better team but I think Chelsea are a team capable of stifling Barca if they set themselves out right.

Dont get me wrong I fancy Barca to win over two legs but I would be very suprised if it was comfortable for them.

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea - FC Barcelona this gonna be a good soccer game.

C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I expect a strong start from Chelsea, then Barca gradually take over possession and... the win. I'd be surprised with a draw even. Whatever the outcome, Gooners better not lose to a worn out Chelsea come Saturday!

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gogogo Chelsea. The big man gives them the lead. I so hope Barca go out, almost hate them as much as United.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if Drogba spends anymore time on the wriggling ground he'll become a worm

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does everyone think that Barca will win easilly. Ive seen Barca quite a bit this season and they havent been as good as they have been in the last few seasons. Also Chelsea have always given Barca a game despite always being written off. Remember chelsea vs barca in 2009? the better team got knocked out then. Barca are the better team but I think Chelsea are a team capable of stifling Barca if they set themselves out right.

Dont get me wrong I fancy Barca to win over two legs but I would be very suprised if it was comfortable for them.

This

N

Neoblast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barcelona just lost, no luck for them today, iron defense from the chelsea...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drogbas new kit

Attachments

• drogbadives2.jpg
    drogbadives2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 34
rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Drogbas new kit
lol, that is funny.
I enjoyed watching the slow motion replays and seeing who was looking for the ref before they started their rolling on the ground. Drogba sure wasnt the only one. ;)

C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol! And I thought Busquets was bad. Drogba sure schooled him. Think Chelsea have the legs for a Gooner onslaught? Isn't the second leg at Camp Nou in a few days?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol! And I thought Busquets was bad. Drogba sure schooled him. Think Chelsea have the legs for a Gooner onslaught? Isn't the second leg at Camp Nou in a few days?

Apparentley a 'battered' Drogba has been left out of the side to face Arsenal - battered?? - just say old and needs a rest :rolleyes:

Tuesday 24th is the 2nd leg

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Newcastle 4th, our best performance since we beat Man United. Need QPR to do us a favour against Spurs now

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Madrid 1-0 up in El Clasico. Had by far the best chances and been pretty good so far. Xavi missed (well Casillas saved) a 1 on 1 from a nice through ball by messi. Madrid looking dangerous when they get an attack going.

C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They win the classico, the La Liga, and the CL. Then Mourinho bails having done his work. It's perfect!