Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It was the correct decision to postpone the Olympic Games for the next summer.

As I read the competition will begin at 23th of July 2021, so we have to wait one more year for the Tokyo Games.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am sad because they decided to postpone it for the next year . Some athletes won't be in the same optimal physical condition , some will be older and less capable , some won't participate at all . Maybe they couldn't do otherwise , less important sport events have been postponed or cancelled , a major one like the Olympics couln't escape this fate , I just wonder , couldn't they wait for one-two more months and the take the decision , why this rush ?? The event would initially start at the end of July , wouldn't it ??

Anyway , I wish and hope this virus crisis ends soon , we had enough of it .....

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As sad as I am that they are postponed for a year it was the only logical option. They have to give all the athletes the appropriate times and place to train and qualify for the games. With this coronavirus going on too many athletes have been hindered in their opportunities to ensure they are truly ready/qualified for the games. Many qualifications hadn't even been completed yet. Therefore, we couldnt even have an accurate and fair Olympics.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
it is true since it was suspended until 2021 but after this pandemic we will see significant changes throughout the world, since in the largest part of the planet it is getting out of control

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have friends who are Olympians and this is sad, but has to be done. Athletes train so hard for 4 years with the Olympics in mind and they have to wait another year. Hopefully they can remain focused and healthy. You just have to make the best of things during this time. The world will truly be different after this, but we have to grow and adapt.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It has been postoned to next year, good decsion to get a hold on this
virus.

O

odn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skipping the next one and make a double pack in 2024 would be the best soultion.

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will hope the next Olympic games started in 2021.:eek:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sad because they decided to postpone it for the next year . Some athletes won't be in the same optimal physical condition , some will be older and less capable , some won't participate at all . Maybe they couldn't do otherwise , less important sport events have been postponed or cancelled , a major one like the Olympics couln't escape this fate , I just wonder , couldn't they wait for one-two more months and the take the decision , why this rush ?? The event would initially start at the end of July , wouldn't it ??

Anyway , I wish and hope this virus crisis ends soon , we had enough of it .....

Delaying the decision 1-2 more months would be a logistical nightmare. It's not as simple as just flipping a switch, there's so much that goes into planning/executing an event of this magnitude, most of which we, as casual viewers, never see.

If they still continued to prepare as if the games were going on, those who would be working are putting themselves at higher risk of catching COVID-19, then potentially infecting family members, which in turn, would have domino effect in the communities in which they live.

This way, everything is put on pause for a year - the preparations don't have to continue, and the people can stay safer in their homes. The athletes, the ones we do see, are affected of course, but they also face the same risks, if they were to train as if nothing was wrong with the world. Now, they can work around what's happening and still stay as prepared as possible for next year.

The IOC, though a little slow, did finally make the right decision.

As barren as this year's sports calendar will be, next year will be the opposite, if we get through this. Summer games, followed by the 2022 Winter Games a few months later. For fans of the Olympic Games, that would be really good.

Ami9559

Ami9559

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always watch the Olympic Games, it’s a pity that they were moved

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The decision to suspend the Olympics for 2021 has been successful. A decision that probably saved lives.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Delaying the decision 1-2 more months would be a logistical nightmare

If they still continued to prepare as if the games were going on, those who would be working are putting themselves at higher risk of catching COVID-19, then potentially infecting family members, which in turn, would have domino effect in the communities in which they live.

Ift hey couldn't do otherwise , anything else , then the postponement of the Olympics was the right decision . :)

But I am very skeptical I have to confess :

Deaths rate for the young people , like the Olympic athletes , is extremely low , 10-40 years 0.2% at the most !!!
For 50-60 years old 1.4% , for 60-70 years old 3.6% ,
70-80 years 8% !!!!!!!!!!! , 80+ years old 15% !!!!!!!!!!
(by the way for babies 0-9 years almost zero percent feath rate , one , two , three cases ?? at least the survival of the human being is NOT at risk ....... ) .

Old people with serious or very serious preexisted chronic deseases die , also the younger people who die , who are much too fewer than the old , also have serious preexisted chronic diseases . Yes , even the young can have serious medical condition , serious diseases

A great virus outbreak , a pandemia , usually lasts for 2 years , if this is much more serious , it will last more . So the postponement of the events , like the Olympics , for 1 year is meaningless , postpone them for two years , or even cancel them .

Normal influenza , with death rate only 0.1-0.2% or less , kills 300.000-600.000up to 1.000.000-2.000.000 , maybe 3.000.000-4.000.000 in extreme cases people in two years , corona virus with 2-3% death rate in 4 months 70.000 Ofcourse , ifthe pandemia lasts 2 years , the total deaths won't be 70.000x3x2 , just refering the nowadays numbers . In 1918 usual flu , it had the death rate of 4-10% , killing 20-100 millions , ofcourse then no medicines , no much healthcare for most , so let's not count this particular case .

If a person with cancer or with immune system and organs/body parts destroed by an illness , let's say a AIDS kind of deisastrous desease , dies , and the coroner finds corona virs in the dead body , the death cause will not be cancer , or whatever else , it will be corona virus , not the serious problem he had .

Ofcourse corona by itself very hard to kill , but the serious previous health problems/deseases/pathophysiology conditions DO kill by themselves one day , with extreme death rates , millions of people each year every single of these dedath causes ;)

Deaths ONLY by corona virus deaths are very few , it makes you wonder . They do the same with seasonal flu statistics .

I am not saying that it's not a situation to be carefull , take some measures , by all means , even if it's a simple influenza desease you take precautions , it's absolutely normal , I am just referring some facts , which lead to exaggerations and hysterical social phenomena , orchestrated by the ones who are in danger more , most of them old ones , government officials or not ... ........

Also in a stadium , Olympic games dimensions , not closed so air is refreshed all the time , with 50.000-100.000 people , you can't put 500-1.000 YOUNG ONLY fand in , by parties of two-three in distance to the rest parties ???
in a game especially where not even athletes are very close between them (tennis???) .....
play an event with YOUNG referees , YOUNG assistants , YOUNG only absolutely necessary personnel ??? Wow .......is it so hard ????

If that's the case , if it's so dangerous , maybe they should impose these measures in the police , the army , only the necessary personnel!!! (at least for police , LOL , noone is out in the streets , traffic policemen should be dismissed , LOL ) . All the senior generals , captains , leutenants stay at home , sergeants and low officers , meaning the young ones will do the job , LOL .
Ofcourse no ;)
For anything they want, they find ways to deal with this crisis , and all of this security personnel to be as safe as possible , with some very few exceptions , such as that with the aircraft carrier ship recently .

When they want , they find solutions , when they don't want , nothing can happen , then it's a matter of death and life for all the rest to live in isolation , and everything to be postponed/cancelled ...............reaaaalllyyyy....................................

In the streets in my greek neighborhood , in the evening , I see many old people , walking , alone or not , with or not disinfection measures . I see more of them than young , LOL . They are in great extreme danger in absolute contrast to the young , they are the first ones who need to stay at home if/when they don't work , we have all these restrictions for THEIR SAKE mostly , , maybe that should have been the first measure of all , obligatory isolation for the old ones at homes :confused:????

Anyway , laws are laws , if they impose sth , you follow the rules , or else pay the (very high ) price (fine) . If the old ones , if the ones who rule , if most people say sth is black , although you see it's white , you should also say it's black , or else you are the black sheep , the idiot for your own interest , or else you 'll be in trouble one day..................................... silence is gold......

But if they make your living very hard and intolerable with extreme totalitarian unfair isolation measures , then you have to prioritise what's more important for you : keep on being obedient and good example of citizen always following and serving the dominant sovereign class or way of thinking as a ''yes sir'' sheep , or keep on living in one piece on this planet , and protect your body as well as mind/psychology ??? Then breaking the law should be on the schedule ...........................

Obrudzsahad32

Obrudzsahad32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic games are good! But not for this year!

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I don't care. Really, I did not watch the Olympic Games. But this virus is bad, so who wants the Olympic Games, sit at home, save the world while sitting on the couch

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the coronavirus pandemic: will the Olympics be held or suspended? Maybe it will be postponed to next year? Doing it in a country other than China seems difficult since the virus is everywhere. My opinion, as it has progressed, will be suspended. It would be a great blow to world sport, as there are athletes preparing for 4 years for these competitions. :2in1:
I don't believe they can get postponed. they'll probably be lost until 2024

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think the Olympic Games will be held in a year.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In times of Pandemic, I believe that isolation measures must be followed to avoid forms of contagion. Various sports modalities and agendas, in almost all countries were canceled or postponed, and with the Olympic games, I think it will be no different.
In my opinion, the postponement was a coherent measure, until conditions became safer.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its sad mostly for those who trained there whole life to get there!

H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If pandemic ends, I want to see Olympic Games, it’s great event.
Maybe in next year

tagog

tagog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it’s better of course it will be postponed, it seems Japan has officially announced the postponement for next year

Top 10 Games