Olympic Games... Yes or No?

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it should be canceled and they should make it either at winter either at summer 2021

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that they should postpone it until next year, not just for the spectators but for the participants. Everyone's life has been affected by this terrible ordeal.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be postponed for sure. Moreover sportings cant prepare themselves for this event (it needs months). I think it will be held next year.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, I think they should be suspended.

Or postponed for the autumn maybe. I don't know, but I find it massively risky to organize Olympic Games under such horrible conditions.

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they should suspend all in the world, this is not a joke! many people are dying hour per hour

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They should suspended. It is not time now for any sports........It is about live and dead....Sports when the thinks chill down...

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say no lets think about are health not about money.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
canada saying they are not attending, followed the next day by Australia pretty much sealed that it would have to be postponed for a year

P

PacManUkrPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the coronavirus pandemic: will the Olympics be held or suspended? Maybe it will be postponed to next year? Doing it in a country other than China seems difficult since the virus is everywhere. My opinion, as it has progressed, will be suspended. It would be a great blow to world sport, as there are athletes preparing for 4 years for these competitions. :2in1:

Given what efforts the authorities made to muffle the pandemic. There will be no competitions in the near future.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The athletes have no way to carry out their training... So most likely they will cancel for next year.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on the latest news, hopefully they are able to suspend it and still have it go on during the Summer of 2021. It'll mess with some countries' qualifying events to determine who represents their countries for various sports, but it would be an adjustment that all sporting leagues have to deal with at this point. I feel most sympathetic for those athletes who are nearing the end of the careers and waiting one more year might not be in the cards for them due to age, diminishing abilities, an up-and-comer taking their spot, etc.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I love the olympics but there is no way they should be hosting an event like that at this time :(

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since everything else is cancelled, they should obviously cancel that event too. i dont know why this is a discution at the moment :eek:

for me does not matter anyway since i give a flying FK about the olympics:D:D:Dthere is not one single discipline that i care lol. are those russian athletes still banned? they might be the only one's who are happy right now...

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
you are partly right but one must take into account the well-being of each and as we see in the news this virus is very contagious and the most reasonable thing is to postpone the Olympic games like everything

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The athletes have no way to carry out their training... So most likely they will cancel for next year.

What makes you think that. Even if some athletes dont have home gym they can probably still train in this current situation while going to nature lol ...

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i`m from iran and this corona virus is real , they have to cancel it for the safety of others

Qixxox

Qixxox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic games have been postponed by a year. according to the official information!

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Postponing the Olympics to 2021 has been a good choice! In some countries there is a total lockdown that makes training impossible for the athletes. If the Olympics were to continue, it would have been unfair. it is also special that the name Tokyo 2020 is maintained. Why?

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you have no chance to start the Olympics at the original date, many players are not able to prepare for the games now and just like the euro in the football will be postponed to the next year.

Top 10 Games