Lakers -3 first half

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bought out of the clippers, and considering buying out of the bucks but it's close to covering since they made a run. Jazz already got smoked, and Lakers got killed in the first quarter. Going to be a day in the red it seems.

Edit..I'm going to let the bucks ride. I need them to be -3 these last 3 minutes. Worth a gamble I guess.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man... rough day. Last bet for me is Lakers live +13.5. They are losing by 16 deep in the 3rd right now. I'm assuming they will make a push in the 4th quarter. I'd be really shocked if they lose by this much.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man, Lakers on a 18 to 4 run to end the 3rd and first 3 minutes of the 4th. Probably cursing myself, but they could possibly cover the full game now. Only down a few now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang, they did get to where they were covering with a few minutes left, but they didn't maintain it. Would have helped me out a bit on a terrible day. 1-4 today. Worst day of the year for me.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2-0 tonight

Luka shot 4 for 14, had more turn overs than assists. He got some James harden foul calls, so he got 20 points, but he was a non factor. He didn't prove anything to me. Not saying he is bad, but he isn't a top level guy, not right now anyway. They need one or 2 good players to really make noise in my opinion. I really like angles like this when a team has most of their talent in just a player or 2, and those are going against quality players at their position. Really makes you think of how crazy it is what lbj did in Cleveland being the only guy (love never was the same after he was traded there, he was ok)there, whole teams after gains him. Crazy.

Nice call! I live in Texas so I get caught up rooting for Houston and Dallas. I knew better but fired a bullet anyway just to see. Well we certainly did. Clippers are going to gel and when they do. We may see a small winning streak. Could we actually see an all LA Final?The finishing seeds will be very interesting to say the least.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dang, they did get to where they were covering with a few minutes left, but they didn't maintain it. Would have helped me out a bit on a terrible day. 1-4 today. Worst day of the year for me.

I am glad I was too busy to bet today. If you lost money. I would have got drilled probably. :D

Enjoy your Thanksgiving! Take a day off and just watch the good games on NFL tomorrow.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could have been worse, I didn't make a few bets that would have lost too. Bright side is a 1-4 day in basketball is just about a 0-1 day in football, so the money loss wasn't bad. The ego took a beating though haha. Usually I can make some moves to break even if things are going wrong but Utah and the Clippers, which have been good second half teams, just didn't come out are halftime. The bucks got the cover, by 3, but then let it slip. I lost that one by a shot... Lakers did the same thing, then lost the cover by a single shot also...I was just on the wrong side of the coin today.

Thanks man, hope you have a good thanksgiving too. I'll probably not be on any of the games tomorrow except the saints/falcons, so it will be a chill day business wise.
I am glad I was too busy to bet today. If you lost money. I would have got drilled probably. :D

Enjoy your Thanksgiving! Take a day off and just watch the good games on NFL tomorrow.

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the following teams will win on November 29th

Celtics
Raptors
Milwaukee
Miami
Pacers
Lakers
Clippers

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tuesday (0-1) -$110/ -1.10 Units Overall (33-27-3) +$330 / +3.30 Units

Recap - Clippers clamp down Mavericks (0-1)

Black Friday - Teams that wear black

Brooklyn (+4) @ Home vs Boston - Playing back to back games with Thanksgiving in between - fresh loss - without Kyrie I like the team effort better - Celtics lost both games in Brooklyn last year

Miami (-11.5) @ Home vs Golden St - Heat will rebound from Rocket loss

San Antonio (+6) @ Home vs Clippers - Popovich will coach his ass off in this one and at least cover. Kwahi returns for 2nd time to San Antonio since leaving.

Phoenix/Dallas Over 233 - Doncic and Booker show - improved offenses should produce more points in this series

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jazz -7
Grizz aren't winning a lot, but they have been super competitive. That said, they are due for an off day against one of these top teams, a day for everyone this looks like a good spot for that. If the Lakers and clippers would have played better against the Grizz this line would be double digits.

Dallas- 1.5
I just like the line here. I think the match up favors Dallas more than a few points, and the suns can't expose Luka like the clips did.

Lakers -11
I actually don't like this line... yet I'm betting it. Why would I do that? Well Lakers issues have been those slow ass starts and having to come from behind to win. I think Washington's pace will force the Lakers to a faster start here.

Clippers -5 hook
I don't see the spurs covering this, period. They simply haven't been good this year, and the march up here is terrible for the spurs at almost every position, including bench vs bench. Super high value line in my opinion.

Pacers -10
Pacers are playing up to their potential lately, and playing against a 1 man team is nice for them considering how well they have been playing defence lately. Young would have to have a big big game here to keep it close.

Bucks -11
Playing the cavs... that's about it. Also the bucks have been stupid good in second halfs. I expect them to have some form of a lead at half, but I expect them to win the second half by dd alone. I'll likely be betting games the second half of this game unless the bucks have a huge huge lead.

Raptors -3
They are overperforming, but they have all year. Laying just 3 to a team that has issues scoring is value to me. I'd take them at this line against any of the bottom 10 teams.

Philly -6 hook
This line just reaks of fish... maybe I'm on the hook (literally am after buying it) because I took the bait, but sometimes lines are just off. Hoping that the latter is the case here.

Leaning heat over because I think if gs can get 90, the heat will push it over. 90 isn't too much to ask... even for a bad team... is it?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a feeling that Philly line was fishy.. getting waxed by the Knicks at half. I'm going to play them though -6 second half. They most likely at least make this competitive and possibly win by a few. Will be a long shot for them to cover full game though. They didn't even put up 40 first half points.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jazz -5 second half. It opened at 4.5 but I wasn't fast enough. I still think the line is off. It should have been at least half the difference, which would have been 7.5-8.5. They are getting stomped. Second team in a row that I'm on to put up 40 or less points in the first half. All they have to do to cover this is get to single digits.

Wanted to bet the pacers but that line is 9... and unfortunately for me, they look like the pacers of earlier in the year. Down 11 to atlanta. They only scored 43... what's with all these good teams playing bad teams, but can't get even 50 in the first half??? You know... Atlanta have choked in second halfs... I'm kind of talking myself into betting this now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clippers -3 second half
Tied at half, I just like the clips better here. Spurs don't put a lot of good halfs together back to back

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell yeah!! Pacers just had a 29 to 11 3rd quarter. Jazz had a 35 to 18 3rd quarter. Philly has a lead.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dallas even second half
It's a 1 point to game, this doesn't change a buy outhe range, so just a logical increase.

Jazz came all the way back and won by 9 to cover, and Philly pushed. I was sure those 2 full lines were losses. Nice surprise.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to make a risky buy out attempt on the 2 clippers lines. +11.5. This is going to require that the Clippers score, otherwise this game will be over as is.

Edit.. Hell yeah! The spurs actually fouled them! Instead of the other way around. That was unreal. Clippers missed and the game was over, but they got the ball back and got fouled for no reason. I was walking on the razor there. It was not a smart bet, but it worked out this time.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers aren't starting fast at all... down dd just 5 minutes into the game... yet the line is only 8.5. I was hoping to get a plus point value on the lakers.

Edit... well, 2 minutes later they are only down 1. They aren't playing pace as I expected, but they have the wizards slowed down, besides the 9-0 start that took just a few minutes

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That escalated quickly. Lakers went from down 9-0 to winning by dd in less than a quarter. I've been betting them second half almost every game and I have again here. One of those lines I don't like of -1 with a huge lead. They don't usually have that big of a first half, so I'm hoping they stay on their second half trend. I think at worse they keep it even.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aww... Lakers pushed second half. I somehow ended up 9-2 after all of that. I'm only going to claim 8-2 though because I didn't mention that I did bet the heat over. Had 2 pushes, and one extremely stupid pure gamble buy out that came through from a extremely strange last 20 seconds. I'll take it

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday (3-0-1) +$300/ +$300 Units Overall (36-27-4) +$630 / +6.30 Units

Recap - Black wins (3-0) and Mavs/Suns tie 233 O/U (0-01)

Houston (-13.5) @ Home vs Atlanta - Hawks on back to back - Fresh Rockets

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Denver -4
Kings are a bad team record wise, but they really are playing pretty well. That said, this is a tough match up for them. Alabama game coming on so I'm keeping this short.

Leaning Houston because it's down to 13. Maybe tease this with the bucks later, but for now, it's iron bowl time!

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Denver -4
Kings are a bad team record wise, but they really are playing pretty well. That said, this is a tough match up for them. Alabama game coming on so I'm keeping this short.

Leaning Houston because it's down to 13. Maybe tease this with the bucks later, but for now, it's iron bowl time!
I'm going with denver -4 as well think they will do good this game but it's gonna be close game

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't watch this game, I only saw the score on the tracker while watching college football, but I just looked into the stats of the game for research and saw that they blew a freaking 17 point lead in the 3rd??? Dang...
It was, but they folded in overtime. 0-1 for me today.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars