Golf

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger and Lefty at 12:29. This I GOTTA watch!!!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Phil Mickelson was such a boss in winning pebble beach!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Tiger and Phil really stepped it up. I hope this motivates Tiger, Phil can't play like that every week. Great tournament weekend for golf fans!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil has a shot this week in the northern trust open, but the question for him this week is if he can stay consistent. some weeks he misses cuts, some weeks he plays great.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Phil's streaky as hell. It's a good time to get it together heading into The Masters, just a couple of months away! We shall see..

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a great pairing for the final round and some good golf, except Tigers REALLY bad putting. Sure would have been a lot more interesting if he hadn't missed all those putts from within 7 feet.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great final hole of playoff golf at the Northern Trust Open - wanted Phil to win it but can't complain about effort here. Well deserved victory by Bill Haas.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sick putt by Bill Haas. Can't wait for the Match Play Championship to start up!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it was awesome seeing all three basically try to drive the green. It was gonna take some luck to actually get it to stick there though. Great finishing hole, Haas' putt was very dramatic. Mickelson is playing great right now, hope he keeps it going. Maybe Tiger Woods is somewhere tweaking his game, who knows.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who else enjoyed this weekend's match play golf? I was rooting for Hunter Mahan over Rory McIlroy in the final match. Mahan played some sweet golf to beat Rory, who would have been #1 in the world rankings had he been victorious.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golfing at Saint Andrews in Illinois today. Same p[eople thast run it also own Cog hill. Great cours. Haven't golfed sionce last October. Let you know how i did.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a 36 hole course just outside of elg, Illinois. One course was built it 1908 and the other added in 1930. the winds were a steady 25 and guts to 40. hit a driver on a 205 yard par 5 and landed just in front of the green. On a couple of greens, when the wind gusted it actually moved the ball before I could put. I drove the ball twice over 300 when the winds were behind me.. Long story short, shot a 96. 3 putted 6 greens. the two fellows who played with me shot 100+. the best score recorded for the day was 82......by the assistant pro.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow Roland, that is an adventure. Is it even close to normal for winds at that course to reach 25 and 40??? I assume that is some kind of lake force wind? I've love to have a wind behind me to boost a drive, but on a putt, no way. Hey, you beat those other two guys, nice.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty crowded leaderboard in the Transitions Championship this week. Goosen and Furyk are leading going into the final round. It would be cool to see either of them win!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like Padraig Harrington won't win after shooting a 61 in the first round. You're right about the crowded leaderboard too - I see 3 guys who shot rounds in the 60's that are tied for 12th!

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Masters odds have Tiger 4:1, Rory 5:1, Phil 10:1
My picks are in order from top down w/o odds: Rory, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Phil and Tiger.
Tiger is almost a cinch for top ten at Augusta, but 1 win doesn't prove him to be a favorite.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I agree. I think they're jumping the gun by making Tiger the favorite. Through about half of the downturn when he wasn't playing well at all he was listed as one of if the not the favorite to win. And there were probably enough people that threw money at it, so Vegas just kept on. Tiger plays well at Augusta, but I'd be more willing to think McIlroy, Luke Donald, Hunter Mahan, and maybe even Mickelson over Tiger.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the Tiger Woods show on ESPN, starring Tiger Woods, also including several of the twenty players playing better than Tiger. We have Tiger, all the time. No doubt about who the star is at the Masters.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Welcome to the Tiger Woods show on ESPN, starring Tiger Woods, also including several of the twenty players playing better than Tiger. We have Tiger, all the time. No doubt about who the star is at the Masters.

This is no different than PS having more NL Holdem games available, than say PLO or Baudagi, especially during the first 2 rounds of the Masters.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, its obvious how much the tv and corporate people want Tiger to bring his A+ game back. They lead off with what Tiger is doing if he is anywhere near the first page. Two birdies in a row and Tiger is supposedly 'charging'.