• Total voters
V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.It is a pity but Uruguay got what the team deserved.I do not understand why a squad with such great players plays so poorly only trying to get one point in the game.They should have tried to get the three points.I hope they take more risks next time.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.It is a pity but Uruguay got what the team deserved.I do not understand why a squad with such great players plays so poorly only trying to get one point in the game.They should have tried to get the three points.I hope they take more risks next time.

Agreed, but it seems to be a common theme with many of the teams. Scared to lose and set up so defensively. It i horrible to watch, as a neutral, but must be extremely frustrating as a fan.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i love seeing the spanish team play . gotta root for them !

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so many games... its almost too much . and FIFA plans to have 48 teams in the next cup in 4 years , i think !

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
so many games... its almost too much . and FIFA plans to have 48 teams in the next cup in 4 years , i think !
Be lucky, half of the games are over, now the World Cup starts with more interesting "do or die" games.
Yes, in 2026 there will be 48 teams with 80 matches...

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
congats to ppl from USA, your team advanced to next round

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it is very good. 48 teams means even more matches. This is even more interesting football. As a fan, I really like this innovation😃

neptunas888

neptunas888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Judging by the 2 matches, I think brazil has a great chance of winning this World Cup. In 2 matches, not a single shot on target in Brazil

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, it is very good. 48 teams means even more matches. This is even more interesting football. As a fan, I really like this innovation😃
Yes there are more matches, but will there be better matches? In the group stage will be 16 groups with only 3 teams. The best 2 qualiy for a round of 32.
Only 6 matches per group, one victory and you are almost qualified. Only 3 teams were qualified after second matchday Now we have on the last matchday in the groupstage so many exciting matches, and the teams play at the same time to avoid tactical results. I dont like this blown up new World Cup modality in 2026, but let's see, how it works....

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes there are more matches, but will there be better matches? In the group stage will be 16 groups with only 3 teams. The best 2 qualiy for a round of 32.
Only 6 matches per group, one victory and you are almost qualified. Only 3 teams were qualified after second matchday Now we have on the last matchday in the groupstage so many exciting matches, and the teams play at the same time to avoid tactical results. I dont like this blown up new World Cup modality in 2026, but let's see, how it works....
Partially agree with you. But more teams will enter the championship, and they will be teams that may not have played in such tournaments, so they can immediately be eliminated from the group. It will be interesting to see. And let's not forget that every World Cup brings us surprises. This is confirmed by the matches in the group of argentina and
and in the group of germany.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Partially agree with you. But more teams will enter the championship, and they will be teams that may not have played in such tournaments, so they can immediately be eliminated from the group. It will be interesting to see. And let's not forget that every World Cup brings us surprises. This is confirmed by the matches in the group of Argentina and
and in the group of Germany.
16 teams prepare a long time and travel to the World Cup and have only 2 matches. OK the quality of
football arround the world comes closer. 10 years ago you could not imagine that Argenina looses against Saudi Arabia or Germany has only 1 point after 2 matches. But both teams have good chances to enter the next round. I prefer groups with 4 teams
My concern is also, that the qualification round becomes not that interesting anymore

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
16 teams prepare a long time and travel to the World Cup and have only 2 matches. OK the quality of
football arround the world comes closer. 10 years ago you could not imagine that Argenina looses against Saudi Arabia or Germany has only 1 point after 2 matches. But both teams have good chances to enter the next round. I prefer groups with 4 teams
My concern is also, that the qualification round becomes not that interesting anymore
In my opinion, if there are more teams, it is better because we will see more football, maybe it will not be as competitive as it is now, but many new teams can show themselves from the best side.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
My country is probably never qualifying to world cup :rolleyes:
As for this particular event then i believe Iran was the latest one to book their place in Qatar ...

Actually i'm not even sure when the group stage draw is going to be so i just assume it's somewhere in the summer ...
Dont be so sure Iceland qualified once, so if a country with 360.000 people can do it, then yours can as well

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this about european qualification? I remember the mood from 10 qualifications since the 90s.
There has never been intrigue here, the favorites of European football do not always have enough slots for the World Cup. And teams below average tried their luck to get to the European Championship only.
I think only Africa shows intrigue in the qualifiers to World Cup.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ronaldo didn´t score =((
never lucky feels bad for the man.
No reason to feel sorry for a man that tries to take credit for another accomplishment.. Ronaldo has scored his share of goals why try and steal one?? And then for them to appeal the goal was just laughable and sad at the same time

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
yesterday the first crosses of eighths were defined. England vs Senegal and Holland VS USA. I'm looking forward to see the result of today's matches

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice gesture from Denmark protesting the world cup and refusing to advance to the knockout round

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think Poland will stay in second place in the group? In this group, the teams still have half an hour to finish the matches, and there is maximum intrigue. mexico wins 2:0😳

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If Mexico and Poland have the same number of points and the same number of goals scored and conceded, then the team with fewer yellow cards will leave the group.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Definetely and Undoubtly Brazil is teh winner of this cup

Rgds

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If Mexico and Poland have the same number of points and the same number of goals scored and conceded, then the team with fewer yellow cards will leave the group.
In my opinion, exit from the group cannot be decided by the number of yellow cards, because both the coach and reserve players can receive a yellow card. This can greatly affect the results. The issue of the team's exit from the group should be decided by a penalty shootout.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In my opinion, exit from the group cannot be decided by the number of yellow cards, because both the coach and reserve players can receive a yellow card. This can greatly affect the results. The issue of the team's exit from the group should be decided by a penalty shootout.
There was no need for that anyway since Mexico conceded in 90+5 min lol