Not open for further replies.
Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Software Upgrade Update: Our latest software release has had a delay and we will be back up with the new product at 8:00pm ET. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Well that time has come and gone.

I am just now starting the client and all I can get is the "Configuring..." screen.

There isn't an update during start up. It just goes to the old Main screen.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im going to reinstall,but beta or normal????both go same link lol....time will tell.

M

muky2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone had any luck updating their client software yet??? It is a couple hours past the 6pm eastern time they thought it would be ready.

M

muky2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oops, I missed the new 8pm guestimate:vollkomme

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who is connected now to ACR , I can not, can you send me a link?

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
8:03 Nothing yet. They should've just said they'd be down for the whole day instead of giving us false hope.

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8:05 - looks like no games tonight :mad:

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question about the update: Do we need to manually download the v2 client or will it automatically update it when the new software goes live?

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ummm guys, are you SEEKING updates? Check Twitter. ;)

Be patient. Releasing software is HARD... and yes, I am qualified to make this statement as someone who has been in the software industry for 20 years (since the dotCom days).

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Question about the update: Do we need to manually download the v2 client or will it automatically update it when the new software goes live?

They've said it should update automatically, but who knows at this point.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ummm guys, are you SEEKING updates? Check Twitter. ;)

Be patient. Releasing software is HARD... and yes, I am qualified to make this statement as someone who has been in the software industry for 20 years (since the dotCom days).

Understood. No one is saying its easy, but they shouldn't promise a specific time and then keep missing their own deadline.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Understood. No one is saying its easy, but they shouldn't promise a specific time and then keep missing their own deadline.
The alternative is screwing up your experience or even worse your DATA (tickets/cashier, etc) Don't you want them to do the appropriate quality checks before they make the site live again?

Very few major software releases go off on time. ACR has updated Twitter twice tonight. I don't think they are doing a bad job.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The alternative is screwing up your experience or even worse your DATA (tickets/cashier, etc) Don't you want them to do the appropriate quality checks before they make the site live again?

Very few major software releases go off on time. ACR has updated Twitter twice tonight. I don't think they are doing a bad job.
I agree but also shake my head a bit having been involved and quite a number of IT projects over the last 20 years. Nothing is worse than setting customer expectation and then not delivering on it.

I appreciated those rare times I got to work with project leaders that put in a buffer regardless of how sure they were regarding an anticipated deadline.

And I am sure the customer service reps prefer telling people we're ready earlier than we expected! instead of having to deal with unsatisfied customers.

People should also be prepared for potential bugs once it's up and running.

I'm confident they'll work it out people just have to stay patient. Besides getting upset over it does absolutely nothing good for your health.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I'm not disagreeing with you. You're right. Just saying that they should provide a window which gives them a chance to deal with delays and contingencies, rather than a set time which creates expectation and disappointment and makes them look bad. This would be easier for them and us. As others have expressed in this thread, when they say 3pm, people plan accordingly, especially regs that play for a living.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not disagreeing with you. You're right. Just saying that they should provide a window which gives them a chance to deal with delays and contingencies, rather than a set time which creates expectation and disappointment and makes them look bad. This would be easier for them and us. As others have expressed in this thread, when they say 3pm, people plan accordingly, especially regs that play for a living.

Agreed. If they at least had any doubt that it would be delayed and wouldn't release on time, then they should've set the release time back or give players a more realistic time frame.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good news I got new software open...bad news No personal data or money in account

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good news I got new software open...bad news No personal data or money in account

I figured I wasn't the only one but do want to put it out there that I am experiencing the same thing. I also got a lot of errors as it was trying to update so I uninstalled the software and had no problems downloading and opening it after that. Just no bankroll... Will let ACR do its thing over night and hope for the best tomorrow.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick update:

Balance doesn't show in the cashier, but when I clicked register for tournament the correct balance did appear and it probably would have let me register but will let the bugs work themselves out first.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Quick update:

Balance doesn't show in the cashier, but when I clicked register for tournament the correct balance did appear and it probably would have let me register but will let the bugs work themselves out first.
Yeah. I was just about to tell you the same thing when I read this post. They just need to fix the cashier area, like you said the money shows up in the registration dialog box when you try to register.

T

thejuice1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They've said it should update automatically, but who knows at this point.

It didn’t for me. Kept having issues. So I deleted the old client and just downloaded the new one and it installed perfectly. It’s definitely up and running looks sleeker and nicer. But not one free roll is up yet. I’m assuming that’ll take days to do? Until they get their regular freerolls back up and all the specialty ones too?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have updated the client and I entered under my account. but not all tabs work and do not show my data.
still working on the client?
The freerolls selection pitch tab is not available

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It didn’t for me. Kept having issues. So I deleted the old client and just downloaded the new one and it installed perfectly. It’s definitely up and running looks sleeker and nicer. But not one free roll is up yet. I’m assuming that’ll take days to do? Until they get their regular Freerolls back up and all the specialty ones too?

It took me a couple of tries as well. Cashier is empty but money is there when I tried to join cash table, so that's good. MTT will probably be added back in stages in order of priority, so freerolls I'm guessing are last on the list. Overall it looks good so far.

I

IFLAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't stand the new look, filters don't work I uncheck all holdem garbage and it still shows holdem games. A big nothing burger as expected. Probably the same table balancing software from 1927 too.

Cards are blurry, no option to change childish avatars, or to have none if you are over 12 years old.

PLO8 CAPPED ring game, all in pre, all 5 cards just appear all at once. Ugh, that really adds to the player experience.

Just hope pokerstars opens up to US en masse. Little competition results in little innovation. Just putting lipstick on a pig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.