Not open for further replies.
John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As previously stated...

The timebank totally depends on the tournaments/cash games length. For example in heads-up all players starts with 15 seconds, if you used 10 seconds, the next hand you will have 5 seconds. After 10 hands you will get 1 second extra. The maximum will be 15 seconds (like the beginning of the first hand)

Player is given 90 seconds after a disconnect to get reconnected...

:rolleyes::cool: :bandit: :star:

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Repeating unanswered post... Problem continues...

Yesterday, 11:22 PM Post#8086

Hey, ACR Rep, why is that double up popup happening at the end of my games again???

Went straight to settings & it is still unchecked so it DOES NOT show... Not April 1 yet, so too early for April Fools... Wake IT up & ask them who has been messing with the code again.

I am guessing the browser hijacking can't be too far behind. Will take pics next time since customers are always wrong...
Thanks. Or not. :( :cool:

Attachments

• dbl01Capture.JPG
    dbl01Capture.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 64
  • dbl03Capture.JPG
    dbl03Capture.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 68
  • dbl02Capture.JPG
    dbl02Capture.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 61
maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody, im a new player of ACR and im a little confused.. can anyone tell me if its there any options to solve this:

1) When im playing 1+ table i never know whos in the pot or no, i mean no diference in nice or avatar who folded or not the pot

2) Its there anyway to set marks to the opponents?

i really liked this room ! i hope i can solve it ! thank you!
SOLVED LOL, IM SO STUPD LOL

Sobewan

Sobewan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there an AI problem on ACR?

So my first two nights playing in the texasholdemradio $25 freeroll: 16th/~340 (knocked out by someone steaming with nothing) and tonight 2nd/~286 after my 4-handed pocket AA got cracked and left me with 2.5 big bets, then rallied, then evened the stacks heads up then had K6 beat by K7 to end it? This field lacked players of certain suspicious characteristics that the Venom, micro on demands, and $10 freeroll on demands seem to have. What follows is a bit scrambled but it's crazy late and I'm awake and all the pieces are there. :cool: :vroam:

Notes:
1. I'm also a Data Scientist, (MA Math) I've played a million hands, and been a winning player over the last 4 years of my play. (2009-2011 online only, 2019 with IRL included) When I'm on I have it or whatever and you will be... :p

2. I play terribly sometimes when I want to find out certain things about opponents and because of this I could just be getting stomped in certain situations by good players interpreting my sharkscope stuff in a certain way. (or bad play getting lucky?) I also play for too many hours and all that crap that can make you terrible, so I'm not whining about losing when I lose, rather I'm interested in the integrity of the game and making sure AI has no place at the table with human persons!!

3. Players who make machine speed decisions and actions are far too accurate about final strength of their hands, far more likely to catch runner runner wins, and far more likely to have only a single gear that ever reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllly gets used!

4. I occasionally use the insta-push myself and it can be effective, especially when so many of us have lost to this play by suspicious players. No doubt there is a way to do the insta-push with a 2 key press action like "ctrl-H then F3" but there is no way to be faster than the speed your eye can discern then react etc. The speed at which the inactives check/fold is "machine speed" instant to my perception, the same as the "call any" button would put an all-in call in the pot if the player were covered. (If there is a hold-em software that makes the insta-push all-in possible, like the "call-any" or "fold" buttons on the normal App, PLEASE tell me, that would be super useful.)

5. I get stupid lucky a lot! I have streaks of cards that just seem so crazy that I will play anything and often win with it, like Kevin Costner said in 'Tin Cup' (down and out golf pro): "You ride her til she bucks you or you don't ride at all." So I don't begrudge others on a hot streak and can identify danger and avoid it like ANY good player. But it's so hard for 80% of players not to give away chips to an algorithm playing your tendencies against you which leads to the monster stacks ALWAYS being a factor. If you look at my Sharkscope over the last month (trying to go from $0 to $1000 no deposit) it tells a story that looks like what you see in training a learning model, (Data Science?) upward trend then donk city as the crowd of opponents somehow all improved vs me at the same time... without ever having to play a hand against me.

6. I'm certain ACR has a 'problem' with AI and that some fairly simple techniques would easily identify the offending player.. a simple set of statistical reasoning exercises and corresponding algorithm design would be a great start.

7. I can imagine a way to use one laptop for the poker application and another to run the ML algorithm (say with voice recognition) that would allow you to be a human "bot" and this is ALSO cheating and can be detected. You will without a doubt identify some 160+ IQ folks who need to get themselves a MacArthur Genius grant and cure cancer or something but I'm sure we can reactivate those accounts after they get their grant....

Why am I bothering with all the words here?...
These past two nights, obviously a very limited sample, I've experienced online poker on the ACR app that plays like IRL tourneys, largely because it requires a few more steps and some regular maintenance to be a part of these games... (cardschat freerolls for instance?? anyone notice a general difference in play?) The competition wasn't easier per se, but it was quite obviously MORE human to the subject area expert with the fancy skillset. I should also note that I do kind of agree that you should be able to beat bots if you're good enough: This is true but it really narrows your margin of error and can make you far too superstitious to get it in there (best/worst of it) when you know you should. Another problem lies in tourney speed, in micro-limi-turbos you can't possibly get enough hands to consistently stomp a player programmed against your tendencies because there isn't enough time late stage.. this forces you to simply avoid the players who only play hands that river out to the best of it.. or only play them with cards soooo good they'll fold.. if you don't avoid them, they'll stomp you. AGAIN: I get owned by players I am sure are human sometimes and can take it, OK?

Sometimes a formal case appears RANTy due to the length you have to read and the laziness of the average reader of words these days, I'm still going to be a winning player IRL and online but I really love poker and it needs to be continually monitored because it will remain vulnerable to cheats. Poker is fantastic because it's the game that proves that the application of statistics in particular or Science in general will lead to MORE money made or objectively CORRECT action; in some way it PROVES that mathematical laws govern reality, TO ANYONE, and that those laws incorporate a few rolls of the dice. Terribly unsettling even to those far smarter than ol' Sobewan can claim. (3rd person here JIC you need to believe I'm a jerkface) :(

So here's the point,
If you're human and a winning player:
1. You don't call a bet for all your chips late stage of a meaningful tourney needing runner runner straight cards to beat an obvious OVER set/trips/two pair etc.
2. You don't play 80% of the hands you enter down to river and win ~70% of your showdowns.
3. You don't limp call all bet sizes on every street with pocket twos, threes, fours,,, down to river and win. You don't flop a set every time you play a low-to-middle pair...... I hope.
4. If you're not a psychopath, you radiate some form of discernible energy that any em-path can kinda sense. Like I kinda know the guy who cracked my aces and happened to get the K7 instead of the K6 in the final hand was sincere/a_little_apologetic/respectful_of_future_hands_vs_the_Sobewan (3rd again) when he wrote, "<@Sobewan> Very well played," and I was pretty sure he laughed with my joke in chat when I said, "I guess I just needed to fold my Aces.."
5. Other stuff.

So let's add some human-level verification to the expected security framework of online poker sites. Implement the kind of random sampling tests that will easily identify whether a human is playing or not.. have you met Webcam? Identify a picture? tell my why a joke is funny? call me on the phone and tell me why you played the hand you JUST played that way? Other smarterest ideas...?!

We will be able get pokerstars back in the US and "raise all boats" in the online poker industry by being smarter than and beyond the reproach of those politicians who are too dumb to see cards as anything but a gamble BY making people like ME (or more qualified folks) the face of the industry. Otherwise the only "gambling" that will remain available will be the games that can't be beat. Games with the, "only lose what you can afford" nonsense that comes from legally cheating people by using their own misguided hope against them. Games that remain legal by piggybacking their 'acceptableness' on the legitimacy of profitable poker pros and corrupt political dealings.

#UrPlayingCheckers #BourneJedi #AndAThirdThing :vroam::bike:

JIC: THANK you ACR for giving us a place to play, it is almost great!!!!!!!!!!!

Sobewan

Sobewan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the lower left hand corner there is the little stat summary button, I've seen this blank out during times when my machine seemed overworked (although I can't imagine the problem lying anywhere besides the software) by multiple tables/Apps even though I've never had the lobby fail to open? If it's really bugging me or making me think I'm hacked I'll close everything and reboot. This always fixes the problem I had? :vroam::bike:

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you please refresh your account, try to log out and then log in to it.
still not showing my correct balance , has the money gone missing in cyber space ?!
this is a very concerning issue ! we trust the system , but now not so sure .....help please!

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here's the point,
1. You don't call a bet for all your chips late stage of a meaningful tourney needing runner runner straight cards to beat an obvious OVER set/trips/two pair etc.
2. You don't play 80% of the hands you enter down to river and win ~70% of your showdowns.
3. You don't limp call all bet sizes on every street with pocket twos, threes, fours,,, down to river and win. You don't flop a set every time you play a low-to-middle pair...... I hope.
4. If you're not a psychopath, you radiate some form of discernible energy that any em-path can kinda sense. Like I kinda know the guy who cracked my aces and happened to get the K7 instead of the K6 in the final hand was sincere/a_little_apologetic/respectful_of_future_hands_vs_the_Sobewan (3rd again) when he wrote, "<@Sobewan> Very well played," and I was pretty sure he laughed with my joke in chat when I said, "I guess I just needed to fold my Aces.."
5. Other stuff.

If you're a programmer and you're writing a program to win at poker and there are very logical reasons for everything you are seeing and blaming on AI.

You don't call a bet for all your chips late stage of a meaningful tourney unless you are about to be blinded out and miss the bubble, sort of like a human would do. Then again some strategists recommend being very aggressive at the bubble to take all the dead money from people who won't risk their stack at the bubble. Are you going to risk your tournament life on a 5,6,J two suited board with QQ after you were called preflop and just had the opponent shove ahead of you?

2. I have seen NIT stats showing they went to showdown ~80% of the time and win ~67% of them. Of course their preflop range is something like TT+, AK and AQ. Generally they win when they play but don't win often enough to make money overall.

3. I've seen advice from "poker pro's" with major advice sites and pay to learn schools suggest to "never" fold a pair before seeing the turn. I think set mining should be a preflop on the cheap strategy but I know some will see them to the flop every time. Others play a short stack to lose all the way to the river for the right return.

4. I've seen lots of folks suggest ignoring or turning off chat to avoid distractions and the need for anger management. No response does not mean nobody home.

5. Nice vent and better luck next time at the tables. I just had my set of 10's get cracked by KQ when the river gave them the straight and went out two hands later when with a paired A when the turn put the 4th club on the board. Chit happens so Murphy wrote a law about it..

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Filters

Please consider adding to the filters the amount of time for late registration.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is my favorite sit right now.
You need to add some $1-$2 MTT'S in the mix.

I could not agree more. Also make late reg for less time. 3 hrs is alot making tournaments like 5-6 hrs long.

Other than that and adding more freerolls or making your $10 on demnd a little bigger would be nice too.

I love playing on your site

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Everyone!

We know there's been some players wanting us to pop in here, so we're very happy to open this thread and help answer to any of your questions or concerns.

As the ACR Rep, my goal will be to make sure your opinions and feedback are heard by those making the decisions and help make your experience at America's Cardroom is a good one.

This is the place to vent, share your poker hands, comment and suggest anything you want ( but let's keep it friendly).

Also , feel free to take the time to check out our current promotions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The ACR Staff

Make having buddies/friends available, and where u can look them up and find them at the table or game their at.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New Software

When will ACR's new software drop, because it would be nice to see a lot more less favoritism to players with more played money, and hopefully a lot less Hollywood flops. I stopped playing, because I was getting hollywooded constantly in very important hands.

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all sorry about my english.

Im here just to say congratulation to ACR, i just discovered it in this fórum and tried and i can say its a really nice place to play.

I was 3rd in 10$ freeroll twice and many times inside the 20th-, im saying that because usually the freerolls they do its Hiper-mega turbo, than alot of variance, the ACR freerolls are perfect, its abble to play ur best poker ! Thank you and sorry about my english again, isnt my first language !

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok the live chat seemed a good option, now I tried to live chat again and it's asking for an account number ? where do I find this ? help

M

muky2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Join the ACR live twitch stream now!!! If they get 1000 viewers to the stream today, they will be giving away an $8,250 package to a Cage Live event to one of the viewers!!!!!

Love free poker?

Then don’t forget to rail The #CageLive to get the password for our #freerolls.

Tune in on #Twitch.

More info here

#LiveEvent #LiveStream

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi , I have closed and restarted acr a few times now , still same problem , showing reduced balance but no tranfer , help ?

Apologize for the late reply, If you need help or have any questions let me know. I'll be more than glad to assist you.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So my first two nights playing in the texasholdemradio $25 freeroll: 16th/~340 (knocked out by someone steaming with nothing) and tonight 2nd/~286 after my 4-handed pocket AA got cracked and left me with 2.5 big bets, then rallied, then evened the stacks heads up then had K6 beat by K7 to end it? This field lacked players of certain suspicious characteristics that the Venom, micro on demands, and $10 freeroll on demands seem to have. What follows is a bit scrambled but it's crazy late and I'm awake and all the pieces are there. :cool: :vroam:

Notes:
1. I'm also a Data Scientist, (MA Math) I've played a million hands, and been a winning player over the last 4 years of my play. (2009-2011 online only, 2019 with IRL included) When I'm on I have it or whatever and you will be... :p

2. I play terribly sometimes when I want to find out certain things about opponents and because of this I could just be getting stomped in certain situations by good players interpreting my Sharkscope stuff in a certain way. (or bad play getting lucky?) I also play for too many hours and all that crap that can make you terrible, so I'm not whining about losing when I lose, rather I'm interested in the integrity of the game and making sure AI has no place at the table with human persons!!

3. Players who make machine speed decisions and actions are far too accurate about final strength of their hands, far more likely to catch runner runner wins, and far more likely to have only a single gear that ever reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllly gets used!

4. I occasionally use the insta-push myself and it can be effective, especially when so many of us have lost to this play by suspicious players. No doubt there is a way to do the insta-push with a 2 key press action like "ctrl-H then F3" but there is no way to be faster than the speed your eye can discern then react etc. The speed at which the inactives check/fold is "machine speed" instant to my perception, the same as the "call any" button would put an all-in call in the pot if the player were covered. (If there is a hold-em software that makes the insta-push all-in possible, like the "call-any" or "fold" buttons on the normal app, PLEASE tell me, that would be super useful.)

5. I get stupid lucky a lot! I have streaks of cards that just seem so crazy that I will play anything and often win with it, like Kevin Costner said in 'Tin Cup' (down and out golf pro): "You ride her til she bucks you or you don't ride at all." So I don't begrudge others on a hot streak and can identify danger and avoid it like ANY good player. But it's so hard for 80% of players not to give away chips to an algorithm playing your tendencies against you which leads to the monster stacks ALWAYS being a factor. If you look at my Sharkscope over the last month (trying to go from $0 to $1000 no deposit) it tells a story that looks like what you see in training a learning model, (Data Science?) upward trend then donk city as the crowd of opponents somehow all improved vs me at the same time... without ever having to play a hand against me.

6. I'm certain ACR has a 'problem' with AI and that some fairly simple techniques would easily identify the offending player.. a simple set of statistical reasoning exercises and corresponding algorithm design would be a great start.

7. I can imagine a way to use one laptop for the poker application and another to run the ML algorithm (say with voice recognition) that would allow you to be a human "bot" and this is ALSO cheating and can be detected. You will without a doubt identify some 160+ IQ folks who need to get themselves a MacArthur Genius grant and cure cancer or something but I'm sure we can reactivate those accounts after they get their grant....

Why am I bothering with all the words here?...
These past two nights, obviously a very limited sample, I've experienced online poker on the ACR app that plays like IRL tourneys, largely because it requires a few more steps and some regular maintenance to be a part of these games... (cardschat freerolls for instance?? anyone notice a general difference in play?) The competition wasn't easier per se, but it was quite obviously MORE human to the subject area expert with the fancy skillset. I should also note that I do kind of agree that you should be able to beat bots if you're good enough: This is true but it really narrows your margin of error and can make you far too superstitious to get it in there (best/worst of it) when you know you should. Another problem lies in tourney speed, in micro-limi-turbos you can't possibly get enough hands to consistently stomp a player programmed against your tendencies because there isn't enough time late stage.. this forces you to simply avoid the players who only play hands that river out to the best of it.. or only play them with cards soooo good they'll fold.. if you don't avoid them, they'll stomp you. AGAIN: I get owned by players I am sure are human sometimes and can take it, OK?

Sometimes a formal case appears RANTy due to the length you have to read and the laziness of the average reader of words these days, I'm still going to be a winning player IRL and online but I really love poker and it needs to be continually monitored because it will remain vulnerable to cheats. Poker is fantastic because it's the game that proves that the application of statistics in particular or Science in general will lead to MORE money made or objectively CORRECT action; in some way it PROVES that mathematical laws govern reality, TO ANYONE, and that those laws incorporate a few rolls of the dice. Terribly unsettling even to those far smarter than ol' Sobewan can claim. (3rd person here JIC you need to believe I'm a jerkface) :(

So here's the point,
5. Other stuff.

So let's add some human-level verification to the expected security framework of online poker sites. Implement the kind of random sampling tests that will easily identify whether a human is playing or not.. have you met Webcam? Identify a picture? tell my why a joke is funny? call me on the phone and tell me why you played the hand you JUST played that way? Other smarterest ideas...?!

We will be able get Pokerstars back in the US and "raise all boats" in the online poker industry by being smarter than and beyond the reproach of those politicians who are too dumb to see cards as anything but a gamble BY making people like ME (or more qualified folks) the face of the industry. Otherwise the only "gambling" that will remain available will be the games that can't be beat. Games with the, "only lose what you can afford" nonsense that comes from legally cheating people by using their own misguided hope against them. Games that remain legal by piggybacking their 'acceptableness' on the legitimacy of profitable poker pros and corrupt political dealings.

#UrPlayingCheckers #BourneJedi #AndAThirdThing :vroam::bike:

JIC: THANK you ACR for giving us a place to play, it is almost great!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your opinion regarding our software. I sent the ideas for implementation to our Development team. Regarding the RNG Security and integrity you can check the full information here, iTech Labs has confirmed the reliability and security of the random number generator (RNG) that the Winning Poker Network uses to shuffle cards on its online poker site.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please consider adding to the filters the amount of time for late registration.

I sent your suggestion to the department in charge. If you have any other feedback or need help, just let me know.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make having buddies/friends available, and where u can look them up and find them at the table or game their at.

Thank you very much for this suggestion! I sent it directly to the development team.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all sorry about my english.

Im here just to say congratulation to ACR, i just discovered it in this fórum and tried and i can say its a really nice place to play.

I was 3rd in 10$ freeroll twice and many times inside the 20th-, im saying that because usually the freerolls they do its Hiper-mega turbo, than alot of variance, the ACR freerolls are perfect, its abble to play ur best poker ! Thank you and sorry about my english again, isnt my first language !

Thank you very much for your preference! And congratulations! Wish you the best of luck on our tables.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Want a seat in The $5 Million #Venom? Step your way in. It’s so easy.

Learn about it here

#TheVenom #VenomTournament

M

Mybadbroo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gellamar

person plays 10c plo and crushes every night plays 6 tables never responds back in chat and very predictable on how plays hands out bets same way for each hand. I feel it’s a bot can this be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.